Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Rogers to Hike Spending On Wireless Netowkr

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Rogers to Hike Spending On Wireless Netowkr

Itís a bit lower than what we usually see around here. When we were close to the tower that was decommissioned, we would get 80-100 Mbps. As you move south on CityView Blvd towards the tower located at Hwy 400 and Major Mac, itís anywhere from 80-120...even inside the Walmart and Home Depot which are just next to that tower at Major Mac & 400, speeds are close 100 (and actually faster than Bell/Telus since none of the surrounding Bell towers have any sectors pointing towards those stores and Bellís towers are a bit farther away too). But around my subdivision of homes, itís no fast than 50-60 (always closer to 50), and no more than 30/33 inside as I mentioned before. It could be congestion but Iím thinking probably unlikely. All of their towers around here are connected to fibre and they should have enough radio capacity to offer higher speeds.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    It’s a bit lower than what we usually see around here. When we were close to the tower that was decommissioned, we would get 80-100 Mbps. As you move south on CityView Blvd towards the tower located at Hwy 400 and Major Mac, it’s anywhere from 80-120...even inside the Walmart and Home Depot which are just next to that tower at Major Mac & 400, speeds are close 100 (and actually faster than Bell/Telus since none of the surrounding Bell towers have any sectors pointing towards those stores and Bell’s towers are a bit farther away too). But around my subdivision of homes, it’s no fast than 50-60 (always closer to 50), and no more than 30/33 inside as I mentioned before. It could be congestion but I’m thinking probably unlikely. All of their towers around here are connected to fibre and they should have enough radio capacity to offer higher speeds.
    yeah that's extremely odd. what bands are you picking up inside of your home? and what bandwidths are they?

I'm about 2.7 km away from my nearest tower in a basement apartment and I connect to 10 MHz Band 12 + 10 MHz Band 4 and can still manage to pull between 40 - 60 Mbps download. You should be able to blow that out of the water with wider bandwidths, and probably tri-band CA being in such close proximity of a new tower.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Iíve detected bands 2, 4, 7, and 12 while inside. The field test mode on iPhones isnít the greatest or easiest to use, especially with the new Intel modems. Iím not sure if Iím reading it right but Iím only ever seeing 2CA when testing on my iPhone 8 Plus (for both Telus and Rogers) by looking under the ďCA StatusĒ menu. With Rogers, Iíve seen various different combos of 2CA including:

15MHz of B2 + 15MHz of B4
    20MHz of B7 + 15MHz of B2
    20MHz of B7 + 15MHz of B4
    15MHz of B2 + 10MHz of B12

The 1st three combos yield up to 33Mbps while the last combo with B12 tops out at around 28Mbps.

By comparison, with Telus, itís almost always 20MHz of B2 + 15MHz of B4 inside my house and I consistently pull over 200Mbps.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Iíve detected bands 2, 4, 7, and 12 while inside. The field test mode on iPhones isnít the greatest or easiest to use, especially with the new Intel modems. Iím not sure if Iím reading it right but Iím only ever seeing 2CA when testing on my iPhone 8 Plus (for both Telus and Rogers) by looking under the ďCA StatusĒ menu. With Rogers, Iíve seen various different combos of 2CA including:

15MHz of B2 + 15MHz of B4
    20MHz of B7 + 15MHz of B2
    20MHz of B7 + 15MHz of B4
    15MHz of B2 + 10MHz of B12

The 1st three combos yield up to 33Mbps while the last combo with B12 tops out at around 28Mbps.

By comparison, with Telus, itís almost always 20MHz of B2 + 15MHz of B4 inside my house and I consistently pull over 200Mbps.
    Usually your serving cell info shows the main frequency band youíre currently connected to and the CA Status shows the other bands that are being aggregated together with the serving cell. When Iím close to a tower my phone usually defaults to Band 7 for serving cell and then Band 4 + Band 12 in the CA status window. Thatís when I get good 150+ Mbps download speeds.

Iíd be surprised if you werenít connecting to tri band CA off of that tower being that youíre located so close to it. Still canít figure out why the speeds would be so miserable though. Does it change at all depending on time of day of testing?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Not really. Itís always around 30ish regardless of time of day.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Unless the site is overloaded or there is some network backhaul issue, you should get well over 100Mbps. Down here in the states, I hit 150Mbps just on B4 20x20. When I was in Northern Ontario, I was hitting +80Mbps on Rogers with B2 10MHz + B12 5MHz ( I think). Bell was hitting 50Mbps and Telus was around 20Mbps (I posted somewhere on this channel)

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I have no idea whatís going on with the new site. Tested it again last night and it topped off at around 27Mbps.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7