Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Rogers to Hike Spending On Wireless Netowkr

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Rogers to Hike Spending On Wireless Netowkr

That’s good to hear. I just wish they’d show some love in parts of Vaughan, King, and especially Schomberg where it’s horrible. We have friends there and every time we visit, my wife complains because her phone is essentially a paperweight there. They got approval from the city to install a tower near the Tristan Centre several years ago and I don’t recall them facing any backlash from any NIMBYs so I have no idea why it was never done.

Even at home she’s been complaining more than usual and she’s not one to care much. Maybe she’s getting closer to finally giving up on Rogers...I’ve been wanting to switch her to Telus for a while.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Its good to see that Rogers isn't going to effectively allow their business to be eaten up by Bellus. They should really build out and push for fixed wireless at the same time.

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    An updated statement from Joe Natale can be found at the link below. I found the following interesting...Rogers is finally going to densify their network...

“We have signed key strategic agreements with more to come, and plans are underway to deploy thousands of small cells,” said Natale. “We’re working with Ericsson, the North American 5G partner of choice, to densify our network with small and macro cell sites.”

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/19/r...ployment-plan/

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    @toolcube, that won't help your wife in the Schomberg, ON area -- densification won't help if there are no Rogers towers to begin with in your area.

I don't understand why she stays on Rogers. Is she getting a great discount or something?

Sent from my SM-G960W using HoFo mobile app
    TELUS: Unlimited Canada Talk & Text, 15+10 GB Data
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Trust me. I’ve been trying to get her to switch but she seems happy enough with Rogers. She’s reluctant to switch because she’s been with Rogers her entire life. She has unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited global text, preferred rate long distance (98% off regular LD rates globally), and 4GB data for $40.

By the way, we don’t live in Schomberg. We live in the Cityview Blvd and Teston Rd area in Woodbridge. Interestingly enough, Rogers confirmed that they’re seeking approval from the City of of Vaughan to mount new antennas on one of the buildings along Cityview...so she may get better service soon. Also, Rogers re-submitted an application to install a shrouded tri-pole next to the Trisan Centre in Schomberg, which was approved by the city this past January. So Schomberg residents are finally going to get much needed improved service too.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Trust me. I’ve been trying to get her to switch but she seems happy enough with Rogers. She’s reluctant to switch because she’s been with Rogers her entire life. She has unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited global text, preferred rate long distance (98% off regular LD rates globally), and 4GB data for $40.

By the way, we don’t live in Schomberg. We live in the Cityview Blvd and Teston Rd area in Woodbridge. Interestingly enough, Rogers confirmed that they’re seeking approval from the City of of Vaughan to mount new antennas on one of the buildings along Cityview...so she may get better service soon. Also, Rogers re-submitted an application to install a shrouded tri-pole next to the Trisan Centre in Schomberg, which was approved by the city this past January. So Schomberg residents are finally going to get much needed improved service too.
    Nice! Gotta love upgrades. Also that plan sounds like a crazy good deal. No wonder she won’t switch.

Feedback Score
    Interesting to note from a conference while back, the Shaw CEO said he wanted to work with Rogers and share backbone in the west and east for 5g. But nothing was in the work with Rogers according to him. If it does happen I’d imagine that being a big win for freedom/Shaw and a bad deal for Rogers. Unless Shaw pays Rogers good, since Rogers has the upper hand in terms of network.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Rogers confirmed several weeks ago that they don’t currently have any intentions of signing a network sharing agreement with Shaw/Freedom at this time.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Rogers better speed up their network upgrades. According to Ookla, they still have the slowest network among the big 3 while Telus is once again ranked Canada’s fastest...

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/08/01/t...edtest-report/

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Rogers better speed up their network upgrades. According to Ookla, they still have the slowest network among the big 3 while Telus is once again ranked Canada’s fastest...

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/08/01/t...edtest-report/
    I really wonder if Rogers has finally surpassed Freedom Mobile in both average download speed and average upload speed in the Greater Toronto Area. That was really embarrassing for Rogers:
    https://www.pcmag.com/article/348825...canada-2017/14

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Lol yeah I remember that article. Hey, that’s what happens when companies get complacent. Unfortunately, it was always Rogers’ business model...stretch the network to its limits until its hanging by the you know what. Fortunately for them, they now have some better leadership at the helm to get them back on track. I think they’re faster than Freedom now on average.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wonder if there's a plan for them to expand in Northern Ontario and Saskatchewan. As far as LTE goes.. It's a huge gap betwee. Kenora and Thunder Bay, as well as Sault Ste Marie on LTE. Bellus has most of that area covered on LTE now.

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Just an update to something I reported earlier with respect to coverage inside Upper Canada Mall. The new antenna units I saw mounted on the ceiling over a month ago are Rogers. They finally decided to upgrade their DAS there. It will be live later next month. Wonder why it’s taking so long to go live. Could be that it’s taking a while to get access to run the cabling back to the remote radio. It’s nice to know Rogers service will finally be good there when the new DAS is operational because having less than 1Mbps speeds and pings/jitter in the 3000ms with all the dropped calls is just unacceptable in a busy shopping mall!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Drove by this site N50.8886 W114.055 on mcleod trail today and there are no antennas on this tower. Are they deactivating it? There was also people working there. Seemed that they are thorning it down.

Device(s)
    S9, S8
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Public
    Feedback Score
    EARFCN 66536 is active in Calgary, just an MFBI with 2050 so probably pointless unless you force it on B66 only.
    Duwenbasden
    • Fido Pulse 10GB 12/2017
    • Public 100/250MB

- Samsung Galaxy S9 G9600 03/2019 -
    - Samsung Galaxy S8 G950F 06/2017 -

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast