Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free Unlocking (Bell-Virgin-Solo)

Feedback Score

Free Unlocking (Bell-Virgin-Solo)

As of Friday December 1st, all Canadian cellular providers will be required to unlock your mobile device from their network free of charge.

Share your unlocking experience with Bell here!

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    It’s supposed to be like that.
    I’m pretty sure they’ll squeeze their brain to find a way to bend the law. They definitely won’t stay there with their arms crossed!

Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus on Bell’s network using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Current: SE Naite (Fido), iPhone 4 (Koodo)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo and Fido
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wonder if Bell will require an active account to unlock. I have a MIFI device from a while back that I want to get unlocked but am no longer with Bell.
    Hi.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    I wonder if Bell will require an active account to unlock. I have a MIFI device from a while back that I want to get unlocked but am no longer with Bell.
    Most probably! We’ll find out soon enough, though!

Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus on Bell’s network using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone confirm if Bell/Virgin will provide unlock codes for phones that are no longer on their networks? I have a (mostly) working Galaxy S3 (from Bell) and a Hauwei phone from Virgin that I'd love to have unlocked... they're sitting in my office drawer right now.

Feedback Score
    ^I have UNLOCKED about 8 Phones since December 1 with Fido, Telus, Freedom but this nightmare of a company called Bhell gave me such a hard time. I have about 8 Flip Phones & 2 smartphones that need to be unlocked. Looks like for each one I will have to file a CCTS complain.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    ^I have UNLOCKED about 8 Phones since December 1 with Fido, Telus, Freedom but this nightmare of a company called Bhell gave me such a hard time. I have about 8 Flip Phones & 2 smartphones that need to be unlocked. Looks like for each one I will have to file a CCTS complain.
    What was their reason? Did you just call the CS line and ask for the unlock code? I'm going to give it a shot later on (now that the weekend is over) and just want to see how it goes. So you were able to unlock "non active" phones?

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
    Can anyone confirm if Bell/Virgin will provide unlock codes for phones that are no longer on their networks? I have a (mostly) working Galaxy S3 (from Bell) and a Hauwei phone from Virgin that I'd love to have unlocked... they're sitting in my office drawer right now.
    The rule is line must be active as per wireless code
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    That is complete Bulls**t! What an easy way for them to continue to circumvent what should have been occurring in the first place

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    No, this is not specified in the Code itself (F.1.Unlocking).

But, the CRTC has explained why active service can indeed be a requirement of the provider.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5#post16936745

Bell requires an active account with them to unlock on request, not necessarily one associated with the device.
    "Any account will do." See the 'Unlock without account?' post above.

CCTS won't be able to help with this.

Know anyone with Bell service?

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Know anyone with Bell service?
    Either way care to bet Bell makes it as difficult as they possibly can

EG Well Mr pjw918 we can see that IMEI you are trying to unlock is not associated with your account. Prove you bought it now or we will blacklist it to protect poor Mr qag01 who you must have stolen it from

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
    What was their reason? Did you just call the CS line and ask for the unlock code? I'm going to give it a shot later on (now that the weekend is over) and just want to see how it goes. So you were able to unlock "non active" phones?
    Bell/Virgin unlocking is done by there Fraud/Security Department, so after being on Hold for 3+ Hour's 3 times there so called Fraud Department tells me they are unable to open up Virgin Prepaid Accounts in there system which is What I am Doing. Just out of Hatered of this corporation I am going to File a CCTS complain if they give me the Run around with other old phones. I have already filled one about this incident.

Device(s)
    Current: SE Naite (Fido), iPhone 4 (Koodo)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo and Fido
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tried to unlock a LTE internet stick and HSPA Mifi device on the bell self-serve portal with my prepaid account.

One says "The IMEI number provided was found but the device cannot be unlocked at this time."

The other "The IMEI number you provided was found but your transaction cannot be completed as requested. For further assistance, please call 1 800 667-0123."

wtf?

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    @bb147 ah yes that sounds more like Bell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    Tried to unlock a LTE internet stick and HSPA Mifi device on the bell self-serve portal with my prepaid account.

One says "The IMEI number provided was found but the device cannot be unlocked at this time."

The other "The IMEI number you provided was found but your transaction cannot be completed as requested. For further assistance, please call 1 800 667-0123."

wtf?
    Yeah sounds like Bhell, Hopefully your experience with them is better then mine when you call them to unlock it. I am prepared to File a CCTS complain for each old Bhell Phones that I have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast