Thread: Have Apple products actually become a joke since steve's departure?

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Have Apple products actually become a joke since steve's departure?

Is it just me or have Apple products seeming become a complete joke since steve's departure? I get it. They still sell like hotcakes and we all still love them. But there are a lot of BS coming out of apple lately and is it just me who things so?

* The new Macbook Pro's essentially don't have a USB port. I get it things are removed as they become redundant. But this wasn't one of those cases. 99% Of users switched to USB drives or downloading software from the internet which made the Superdrive redundant, remove it -- ok. But 99% of people still use a Type-A USB port? So why remove it?

* You click unlock a few times and you're root privileges on Mac OS? This isn't the first time we've seen an easy EASY escalation of root privileges - last time it was a line or two into a shell.

* A keyboard that's so rough to type on for hours - its the New Macbook with its "new" keyboard. I get they wanted to make it thinner, but typing on that little laptop just hurts - the keys have no give at all.

* A trackpad so big you can't even type without the tapping the cursor all over the place

* Magsafe - something that's saved my laptop 5 times already - just gone for no real reason.

* Everyone complains iOS 11 is buggy and unstable ...

I'm not upgrading my macbook because IMO (and many others) its a big DOWN grade. No USB. No HDMI. No SD. No Magsafe. A trackpad that's too large. Ugh.

I'll still buy apple because its still better than most but I've actually been looking at a windows laptop *shutter* as my next upgrade.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 LE
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I guess they're a victim of their success
    ""Wine'm, dine'm, sixty9'm""

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchy_mitch View Post
    I guess they're a victim of their success

http://bgr.com/2017/11/30/apple-high...loppy-lol-kmn/

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/oh-lo...144131658.html

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    I feel that they def lost the spark that they had. For me personally the products have gotten boring.

This is only opinion but apple was,is,and always will be, the spark of jobs and woz. Others may like it better now so who knows

Not that they can't prosper otherwise but to me that is apple plain and simple

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Products mature and there’s not much else to innovate. Mistakes and mishaps are blown out of proportion. I remember the antenna gate on iPhone 4 under Jobs. We only remember the good when people die. If a company think they can do better and find the next best thing then god bless them. But for now Apple is still the king and there’s no kingslayer.

Feedback Score
    The products are a joke but the new products and releases have more issues when released then in the past. iOS 11 with the all updates was not ready to be released but was needed for the next iPhones.

Feedback Score
    Never think of this way until I saw your post. Apple really become very lousy. Try "1+2+3+" typing in the calculator in an iPhone. I bet you would not get 6.

Feedback Score
    Its all about the Animjo's apparently. I just felt sad when I saw the iPhone X commercial on TV, no real innovation anymore. A unicorn face != innovation.