Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NY network issues

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hi

I live in northern Flushing (a very densely populated area) and sometimes I experience network issues (mostly dropped phone calls).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    Hi

I live in northern Flushing (a very densely populated area) and sometimes I experience network issues (mostly dropped phone calls).
    Got a zip and intersection and cross street? I’ll have a T-Mobile tech look into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Cell phones with Massive MU-MIMO that support Band 46, 252 & 255 with small cells is the fastest fixed T-Mobile can use to increase network capacity. T-Mobile has announced they will deploy 28,000 small cells but again only Samsung (maybe LG) makes phones at this time that supports these LAA/LTE-U bands. With Cell phones that support small cells and MU-MINO will give you a private non-shared data stream where SU-MIMO is shared data.

" Simply 2×2, 4×4 and 8×8 MIMO in LTE scales up in 5G to massive MIMO implementations. MIMO represents a 50% to 5x increase in network capacity, depending on whether it is deployed in an FDD or TDD context, according to Paul Challoner of Ericsson, speaking at the recent Competitive Carriers Association conference."

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Cell phones with Massive MU-MIMO that support Band 46, 252 & 255 with small cells is the fastest fixed T-Mobile can use to increase network capacity. T-Mobile has announced they will deploy 28,000 small cells but again only Samsung (maybe LG) makes phones at this time that supports these LAA/LTE-U bands. With Cell phones that support small cells and MU-MINO will give you a private non-shared data stream where SU-MIMO is shared data......
    True but only really important to people who live or work in densely populated urban areas. Folks in the 'burbs can get along fine with lower tech devices.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    True but only really important to people who live or work in densely populated urban areas. Folks in the 'burbs can get along fine with lower tech devices.
    That's not entirely true. Many of the burbs here in the N.Y. metro are NIMBY. Cell sites can be spaced one to two miles apart. These are densely populated suburbs that many would probably consider urban, even though they're not. Without 4x4 mimo, 256/64QAM, and 3x-CA, you're in for an unpleasant experience regardless of carrier. And yes, they're blocking small cells and metro cells as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    That's not entirely true. Many of the burbs here in the N.Y. metro are NIMBY. Cell sites can be spaced one to two miles apart. These are densely populated suburbs that many would probably consider urban, even though they're not. Without 4x4 mimo, 256/64QAM, and 3x-CA, you're in for an unpleasant experience regardless of carrier. And yes, they're blocking small cells and metro cells as well.
    NYC "burbs" are not exactly the "burbs" I had in mind, but if the sites are miles apart, then bands-12 & 71 become more important.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    NYC "burbs" are not exactly the "burbs" I had in mind, but if the sites are miles apart, then bands-12 & 71 become more important.
    So suburbs of Huntsville or Montgomery, Alabama? haha. I see where you are going with it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    910 old country Rd, garden City, NY 11530

Please look into this area. Internet is unusable.

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post

Might want to inform T-Mobile support instead of HoFo.
    - Bentley

AT&T's commercial 4G network, with LAA-LTE.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    So suburbs of Huntsville or Montgomery, Alabama? haha. I see where you are going with it.
    Suburbs of New Orleans (e.g. Slidell), Atlanta (Tucker), Cleveland (Chagrin Falls), etc. Places where most homes are single-family and sit on lots significantly larger than the house.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've been having issues in various places. My phone shows full bars but the internet speed is not usable whatsoever. Calls go through perfect. This is occurring in zip 11590, Westbury long island, mainly around the mall as well as other malls or populated areas in Queens. I can't even load a web page. So many people in NY have switched to T-Mobile and I think the network cannot handle all the devices for internet. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    I actually had that issue when i tried T-Mobile here in Manhattan. I would go out to grab lunch (midtown east) and no page would load at all even though like you stated, I had full bars. I had to either toggle the phone into airplane mode or power cycle the phone all together and i kinda got it to work that way. I felt T-Mobile could not keep up with the demand. I stayed with Verizon for that reason and a couple other things.

Feedback Score

I’m assuming this is near Roosevelt field mall? That whole area is really congested and with all the holiday shoppers, my phone is sorta useless as well. Having a S8 is probably your best hope of having any chance of using your phone.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    I actually had that issue when i tried T-Mobile here in Manhattan. I would go out to grab lunch (midtown east) and no page would load at all even though like you stated, I had full bars. I had to either toggle the phone into airplane mode or power cycle the phone all together and i kinda got it to work that way. I felt T-Mobile could not keep up with the demand. I stayed with Verizon for that reason and a couple other things.
    Same happened to my friend in Times Square while my Verizon has 4G with 37Mbit download.

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using the HoFo app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, VZW
    Feedback Score
    Besides the text outage the other day, speeds have actually improved for me.

And like someone mentioned that whole area by Roosevelt field mall is a problem for all carriers.. I have trouble there with my Postpaid AT&T and Metro line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    I wonder if in such a situation, roaming onto AT&T would make it tolerable?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast