Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Band 13

Feedback Score

Band 13

I live in a variable zone south of Calgary (with a Freedom tower proposed near my house, yay!) and I have been watching LTE Discovery while entering my district ever since Band 4 went live here, Band 66 connects at both ends of my street, but not in the middle where my house is (I do get HSPA in my house though). Band 4 seems to be somewhat stronger, but my house still only gets HSPA. Today, I was watching the Band 4 LTE slowly get weaker, when all of the sudden it changed from Band 4 to Band 13 within the app! It lasted only for a second, before switching over to HSPA, and could have just been a bug, but I don't think it was, what are the chances it would glitch and show B13 out of all of the other bands available. I couldn't get a screenshot, like I said, it lasted for about a second before disappearing.

UPDATE: As I wrote this, my phone randomly connected to Band 4/66 LTE while I was standing in front of my house! It seems to come and go, whatever is going on here, I'm liking it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qag01 View Post
    I live in a variable zone south of Calgary (with a Freedom tower proposed near my house, yay!) and I have been watching LTE Discovery while entering my district ever since Band 4 went live here, Band 66 connects at both ends of my street, but not in the middle where my house is (I do get HSPA in my house though). Band 4 seems to be somewhat stronger, but my house still only gets HSPA. Today, I was watching the Band 4 LTE slowly get weaker, when all of the sudden it changed from Band 4 to Band 13 within the app! It lasted only for a second, before switching over to HSPA, and could have just been a bug, but I don't think it was, what are the chances it would glitch and show B13 out of all of the other bands available. I couldn't get a screenshot, like I said, it lasted for about a second before disappearing.

UPDATE: As I wrote this, my phone randomly connected to Band 4/66 LTE while I was standing in front of my house! It seems to come and go, whatever is going on here, I'm liking it!

The Band 13 may have indeed been a bug, I went and checked the Logs within LTE Discovery and found this (The band is the number to the far left):

I could have sworn it said 13, but oh well! Anyway, the Band 4 and 66 LTE did seem to have increased power levels, but it keeps coming and going, so they seem to be playing around with the towers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Sorry for the numerous short updates: more stuff keeps happening! I forced LTE once again while standing in my doorway, the phone connected to Band 4, and I walked into my basement while watching the connection. It showed 0 bars, but LTE still connected, and out of the blue it went from 0 bars to 5 bars of LTE, on Band 12 (according to LTE Discovery). I'm starting to wonder if LTE Discovery is misidentified Band 13 as 12? My phone is locked to the home network and LTE Discovery logs are showing Home as the connected network

Edit: After further investigation, it looks like the Band 12 was just ROGERS, while the phone was trying to go into Emergency Calls Only mode. The Band 4/66 appear to be legitimate, however

Feedback Score
    I just noticed that the Blue "LTE Summer-Fall 2017" zones seem to be gone from the coverage map, I'm guessing that has something to do with me getting Band 4 and 66 LTE here now. It still seems unstable, however, but hopefully it will sort itself out soon

Carrier(s)
    4169582622 ANI #
    Feedback Score
    How do you show the logs? Do you need full version? Also is it possible to block non-wind mnc?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    How do you show the logs? Do you need full version? Also is it possible to block non-wind mnc?
    Yeah. Full version was around $2, and is totally worth it IMO. I'm not sure what you mean by blocking non-wind MNC? I locked my phone to Home, and the app is only showing information relative to the Freedom network. If you connect to Away, it will log that data as well I believe. If you don't want Away in your logs, just close the app before connecting to away. I don't believe there is any other way to do that

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    I think you get much more with Network Signal Guru. Get that app and see the bands / CA combinations, MIMO or even the signalling messages!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    I think you get much more with Network Signal Guru. Get that app and see the bands / CA combinations, MIMO or even the signalling messages!
    Requires root, which many people do not have or want to get. I have both installed on my Nexus 6P, NSG gives more info, but LTE Discovery is better for quick use and also puts the LTE band # in your statusbar, which is a surprisingly useful feature. Also, you have to pay for log's with NSG, and it costs A LOT more than LTE Discovery

Carrier(s)
    4169582622 ANI #
    Feedback Score
    How to remove Bell/Telus from the Band 13, 7, 4 LTE scans? Is there still PRL in LTE? thx
    25GB Cap? DIY Telnus prepaid/Koodo unlimited EVDO internet (for $10 per 2 months, to keep account "Active"), Max 3Mbps download speed, if you roam on Bell (free), then you get non-NATed IP

mobile files is reopened - Aug 11/2010
    HoFo = censorship same as US censor wikileaks = china censor

Feedback Score
    Does LTE Discovery work on Huawei unrooted devices?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ravercwb View Post
    Does LTE Discovery work on Huawei unrooted devices?

I don't know about Huawei, it works fine in Stock Android, but did not work on my Grand X4. I'd imagine it should work fine on most devices, unless the manufacturer specifically decided to block network info access, like ZTE seems to have done

Feedback Score
    I don't know about Huawei, it works fine in Stock Android, but did not work on my Grand X4. I'd imagine it should work fine on most devices, unless the manufacturer specifically decided to block network info access, like ZTE seems to have done

What can I see in the free version? Does it show CA on the paid version?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ravercwb View Post
    What can I see in the free version? Does it show CA on the paid version?

I cannot remember exactly what was available in the free version vs paid version, currently I can see LTE: Band, GCI, PCI, TAC and strength as well as LAC, CID, RNC, BER. EARFCN and Frequency info, MCC-MNC and Tower Location as well. Detailed info RE actual network connectivity (APN etc) too. As for CA, I cannot remember, and since Freedom has no CA, I will have to test with my N6P and a Big Three sim when I get home

Feedback Score
    I cannot remember exactly what was available in the free version vs paid version, currently I can see LTE: Band, GCI, PCI, TAC and strength as well as LAC, CID, RNC, BER. EARFCN and Frequency info, MCC-MNC and Tower Location as well. Detailed info RE actual network connectivity (APN etc) too. As for CA, I cannot remember, and since Freedom has no CA, I will have to test with my N6P and a Big Three sim when I get home

I tried the free version on my Honor 8, won't even show my current band. Cell Mapper does.

Carrier(s)
    4169582622 ANI #
    Feedback Score
    Is this 700b band?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast