Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 306

Thread: Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    2,743
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    Well of course their suggestion benefits the consumer, they are a consumer. Not sure why consumers would argue for the benefit of a company, the company isn't arguing for your benefit. When you pick a cable or internet provider do you pick only the most expensive option they have and load up on every little add-on just to make sure the company profits from you? Of course not, so why should wireless customers be any different. I never got this argument from other consumers, basically arguing against what would benefit them, for the benefit of a corporation. Consumers and corporations aren't on the same team, they both have different goals, the corporation is worried about a different bottom line than the consumer is.
    Since Carl is incapable of using my entire quote, I will use it myself. I will however remove the inappropriate remark I made in the first sentence. Then I'll try and dumb down my comment in an effort to allow Carl an opportunity to reread/rethink his opinion since he obviously did not fully grasp my initial comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Your suggestion benefits only the consumer on the bottom line. It does not benefit Verizon and likely will result in even worse service being provided to the customer. There is definitely a point where cheaper is better, bringing in more customers as you suggest, however your plan was likely already considered and discarded by Verizon.
    Read carefully Carl, I said it benefits the consumer only on the bottom line. The word "only" means that this is the single benefit of the suggested pricing by another forum member. I then pointed out that a scheme which only benefited the customer might lead to worse service provided to customers. I'll spell that out in dumbese for you. It means that maybe we'd see Verizon's service perform worse than it currently does, such as more dropped calls or slower data connections. So while I agree cheaper is sometimes better since volume is also important, it may not be better if it causes the service to degrade. Is that clear enough for you Carl? I suggested price vs service received is a trade off and that I felt some of the crazy plans suggested here would degrade service.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Since Carl is incapable of using my entire quote, I will use it myself. I will however remove the inappropriate remark I made in the first sentence. Then I'll try and dumb down my comment in an effort to allow Carl an opportunity to reread/rethink his opinion since he obviously did not fully grasp my initial comment.



    Read carefully Carl, I said it benefits the consumer only on the bottom line. The word "only" means that this is the single benefit of the suggested pricing by another forum member. I then pointed out that a scheme which only benefited the customer might lead to worse service provided to customers. I'll spell that out in dumbese for you. It means that maybe we'd see Verizon's service perform worse than it currently does, such as more dropped calls or slower data connections. So while I agree cheaper is sometimes better since volume is also important, it may not be better if it causes the service to degrade. Is that clear enough for you Carl? I suggested price vs service received is a trade off and that I felt some of the crazy plans suggested here would degrade service.
    Seems someone here has an attitude problem and doesn't like being corrected or when others post things they don't agree with. Maybe Sam needs to learn how to communicate like an adult before Sam can use the internet again. Is that clear enough for you Sam?

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    2,743
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    Seems someone here has an attitude problem and doesn't like being corrected or when others post things they don't agree with. Maybe Sam needs to learn how to communicate like an adult before Sam can use the internet again. Is that clear enough for you Sam?
    I communicated quite clearly in my post. However you went off on a tangential rant, that only took into account the things you wanted to hear. You should have at least commented on the entirety of my post as opposed to selectively quoting in order to make your tirade sound all smart and educated. I love disagreement, as long as its honest disagreement and yours was not.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    I communicated quite clearly in my post. However you went off on a tangential rant, that only took into account the things you wanted to hear. You should have at least commented on the entirety of my post as opposed to selectively quoting in order to make your tirade sound all smart and educated. I love disagreement, as long as its honest disagreement and yours was not.
    No, it was an honest disagreement. I honestly meant everything I said. Just because it didn't placate to everything you wanted to hear me say doesn't make it any less honest.

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    2,743
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    No, it was an honest disagreement. I honestly meant everything I said. Just because it didn't placate to everything you wanted to hear me say doesn't make it any less honest.
    Honest disagreement is when you reply to an entire comment and do not edit out the parts of the comment which are inconvenient to your argument.

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Honest disagreement is when you reply to an entire comment and do not edit out the parts of the comment which are inconvenient to your argument.
    No this isn't true. Honest disagreements are literally where you honestly disagree with another person. Now what you are decribing is a selective disagreement, where one person disagrees with a portion of your argument or belief. It's the internet it happens all the time, just as common as someone telling someone to put down a crack pipe or trying to belittle them for having a difference of opinion. I mean we can go deeper into this and discuss Aumanns agreement theorem but that's likely a discussion for private. Not sure it fits into this thread at all.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    I can confirm this still works as of yesterday! I switched yesterday from the Go Unlimited to the New Verizon Unlimited plan!

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,980
    Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepFriedPickle View Post
    I can confirm this still works as of yesterday! I switched yesterday from the Go Unlimited to the New Verizon Unlimited plan!
    Great, it's totally worth it.

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    118
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have switched from gUDP to fUDP (plan code 98129 for single line) via chat last month. She said it’s easier to have effective on new cycle (4/19/18). Everything went smooth, I am not regret to switch because I go over 22gb only once a year (15-18gb usually).

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    458
    Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have been hitting 35-40GB with streaming in the last 5 months.
    I'm at 38GB this month and no issues on the fUDP.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

  11. #281
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,078
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnnj1977 View Post
    I have switched from gUDP to fUDP (plan code 98129 for single line) via chat last month. She said it’s easier to have effective on new cycle (4/19/18). Everything went smooth, I am not regret to switch because I go over 22gb only once a year (15-18gb usually).
    Future dating it isn't easier or harder, it is just as easy to make it effective immediately. The reason not to future date it is because the reps can screw up and you won't know they did until your next billing cycle and by then this glitch may close.

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    118
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    Future dating it isn't easier or harder, it is just as easy to make it effective immediately. The reason not to future date it is because the reps can screw up and you won't know they did until your next billing cycle and by then this glitch may close.
    Maybe I got lucky to have everything going well. And I got a bill as “new Verizon unlimited”. The guy on chat, Taylor, could even come up with a plan code with single line because I mentioned to him “98127” and he told me that plan code was for multiple line. I just wish everyone here get it.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,078
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnnj1977 View Post
    Maybe I got lucky to have everything going well.
    Yes you did get lucky.

    Quote Originally Posted by wynnnj1977 View Post
    And I got a bill as “new Verizon unlimited”. The guy on chat, Taylor, could even come up with a plan code with single line because I mentioned to him “98127” and he told me that plan code was for multiple line. I just wish everyone here get it.
    Single line plan code is 98129. It's safer to ask for the change to be made effective immediately.

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    40
    Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0

    System issues or device issues?

    My chat rep said "It shows that the code you provided is for the New Verizon Plan Unlimited that is already considered as a grandfather plan, let me check if it will allow me to change it here effective today". He then said he wasn't sure if he could make it effective immediately as both plans were unlimited (Maybe switching from the 8GB plan would have been easier?).

    If this works I owe everyone on here an enormous thank you. I wanted to switch to this plan the moment it came out and was going to pay off my AT&T phones early to do so. But I couldn't find a flip phone for my mother in law that worked like her old one, and she was not up for learning anything new, and then the plan got nerfed. She unfortunately passed away in March. I waited a bit, and figured Go Unlimited was still better than what I had.

    And the outcome: This plan is considered grandfathered plan and we are having some system updates in doing manual plan change but this has been reported, after 7 days, everything can be requested again.What i can do is I can change your plan to Beyond unlimited, then, on the next cycle, it can be changed to The New Verizon Plan unlimited.

    I'm not optimistic. My devices might be causing the issue too. My iPhone was an AT&T iPhone, but Apple replaced (for $329) after an unfortunate ketchup issue. The sales rep activating my phones said it showed as a Verizon device. My wife's was definately AT&T, and one child has an SE purchased SIM free, and I purchased a new Verizon SE to replace an old 5S.
    Last edited by chedlin; 05-01-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Update

  15. #285
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,078
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chedlin View Post
    My chat rep said "It shows that the code you provided is for the New Verizon Plan Unlimited that is already considered as a grandfather plan, let me check if it will allow me to change it here effective today". He then said he wasn't sure if he could make it effective immediately as both plans were unlimited (Maybe switching from the 8GB plan would have been easier?).

    If this works I owe everyone on here an enormous thank you. I wanted to switch to this plan the moment it came out and was going to pay off my AT&T phones early to do so. But I couldn't find a flip phone for my mother in law that worked like her old one, and she was not up for learning anything new, and then the plan got nerfed. She unfortunately passed away in March. I waited a bit, and figured Go Unlimited was still better than what I had.

    And the outcome: This plan is considered grandfathered plan and we are having some system updates in doing manual plan change but this has been reported, after 7 days, everything can be requested again.What i can do is I can change your plan to Beyond unlimited, then, on the next cycle, it can be changed to The New Verizon Plan unlimited.

    I'm not optimistic. My devices might be causing the issue too. My iPhone was an AT&T iPhone, but Apple replaced (for $329) after an unfortunate ketchup issue. The sales rep activating my phones said it showed as a Verizon device. My wife's was definately AT&T, and one child has an SE purchased SIM free, and I purchased a new Verizon SE to replace an old 5S.
    Do another chat and keep doing them until they put you on the the February unlimited effective immediately. Don't wait.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 08:56 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 02:27 PM
  3. Is it still possible to get a NEW v60ci from Telus?
    By ggweci in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 10:49 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 11:56 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2002, 05:23 AM

Bookmarks