Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Results 271 to 276 of 276

Thread: Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    2,735
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    Well of course their suggestion benefits the consumer, they are a consumer. Not sure why consumers would argue for the benefit of a company, the company isn't arguing for your benefit. When you pick a cable or internet provider do you pick only the most expensive option they have and load up on every little add-on just to make sure the company profits from you? Of course not, so why should wireless customers be any different. I never got this argument from other consumers, basically arguing against what would benefit them, for the benefit of a corporation. Consumers and corporations aren't on the same team, they both have different goals, the corporation is worried about a different bottom line than the consumer is.
    Since Carl is incapable of using my entire quote, I will use it myself. I will however remove the inappropriate remark I made in the first sentence. Then I'll try and dumb down my comment in an effort to allow Carl an opportunity to reread/rethink his opinion since he obviously did not fully grasp my initial comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Your suggestion benefits only the consumer on the bottom line. It does not benefit Verizon and likely will result in even worse service being provided to the customer. There is definitely a point where cheaper is better, bringing in more customers as you suggest, however your plan was likely already considered and discarded by Verizon.
    Read carefully Carl, I said it benefits the consumer only on the bottom line. The word "only" means that this is the single benefit of the suggested pricing by another forum member. I then pointed out that a scheme which only benefited the customer might lead to worse service provided to customers. I'll spell that out in dumbese for you. It means that maybe we'd see Verizon's service perform worse than it currently does, such as more dropped calls or slower data connections. So while I agree cheaper is sometimes better since volume is also important, it may not be better if it causes the service to degrade. Is that clear enough for you Carl? I suggested price vs service received is a trade off and that I felt some of the crazy plans suggested here would degrade service.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Since Carl is incapable of using my entire quote, I will use it myself. I will however remove the inappropriate remark I made in the first sentence. Then I'll try and dumb down my comment in an effort to allow Carl an opportunity to reread/rethink his opinion since he obviously did not fully grasp my initial comment.



    Read carefully Carl, I said it benefits the consumer only on the bottom line. The word "only" means that this is the single benefit of the suggested pricing by another forum member. I then pointed out that a scheme which only benefited the customer might lead to worse service provided to customers. I'll spell that out in dumbese for you. It means that maybe we'd see Verizon's service perform worse than it currently does, such as more dropped calls or slower data connections. So while I agree cheaper is sometimes better since volume is also important, it may not be better if it causes the service to degrade. Is that clear enough for you Carl? I suggested price vs service received is a trade off and that I felt some of the crazy plans suggested here would degrade service.
    Seems someone here has an attitude problem and doesn't like being corrected or when others post things they don't agree with. Maybe Sam needs to learn how to communicate like an adult before Sam can use the internet again. Is that clear enough for you Sam?

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    2,735
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    Seems someone here has an attitude problem and doesn't like being corrected or when others post things they don't agree with. Maybe Sam needs to learn how to communicate like an adult before Sam can use the internet again. Is that clear enough for you Sam?
    I communicated quite clearly in my post. However you went off on a tangential rant, that only took into account the things you wanted to hear. You should have at least commented on the entirety of my post as opposed to selectively quoting in order to make your tirade sound all smart and educated. I love disagreement, as long as its honest disagreement and yours was not.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    I communicated quite clearly in my post. However you went off on a tangential rant, that only took into account the things you wanted to hear. You should have at least commented on the entirety of my post as opposed to selectively quoting in order to make your tirade sound all smart and educated. I love disagreement, as long as its honest disagreement and yours was not.
    No, it was an honest disagreement. I honestly meant everything I said. Just because it didn't placate to everything you wanted to hear me say doesn't make it any less honest.

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    2,735
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    No, it was an honest disagreement. I honestly meant everything I said. Just because it didn't placate to everything you wanted to hear me say doesn't make it any less honest.
    Honest disagreement is when you reply to an entire comment and do not edit out the parts of the comment which are inconvenient to your argument.

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Honest disagreement is when you reply to an entire comment and do not edit out the parts of the comment which are inconvenient to your argument.
    No this isn't true. Honest disagreements are literally where you honestly disagree with another person. Now what you are decribing is a selective disagreement, where one person disagrees with a portion of your argument or belief. It's the internet it happens all the time, just as common as someone telling someone to put down a crack pipe or trying to belittle them for having a difference of opinion. I mean we can go deeper into this and discuss Aumanns agreement theorem but that's likely a discussion for private. Not sure it fits into this thread at all.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 08:56 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 02:27 PM
  3. Is it still possible to get a NEW v60ci from Telus?
    By ggweci in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 10:49 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 11:56 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2002, 05:23 AM

Bookmarks