Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Softbank calls off merger

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If this falls through I expect Sprint to go into panic mode and heavily discount rates all across the board on a continued path towards the race to the bottom.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Neither one needs each other. It would benefit both but it's a want. Imo Sprint could continue to lose $ for a decade or more & it wouldn't bk them. For Japan SoftBank is too big to fail & Son is too stubborn to concede.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    If this falls through I expect Sprint to go into panic mode and heavily discount rates all across the board on a continued path towards the race to the bottom.
    You mean pay people to use their service? Cuz you can't go any lower than free.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    They will offer the free service but pay each customer 10 bucks a month to carry one of their phones in public at least 3 times week

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile and Dish actually makes some sense, given all that spectrum Dish has been hoarding and the near-impossibility of preventing the Trump FCC from allowing mergers and/or alignments between different types of communication company. If Verizon and Comcast, and AT&T and DirectTV can get cozy with one another, why not T-Mobile and Dish? Even a full T-Mo/Dish merger would probably be less of an impediment to competition than the current Verizon/Comcast and AT&T/DirectTV arrangements, not to mention the outrageous proposed AT&T/TimeWarner deal. And unlike any of the other deals on the table I can easily see it helping competition on account of completing the process of bringing T-Mobile to spectrum parity with the traditional cellular giants.

Sprint needs to be more creative with all that high frequency high bandwidth spectrum they have. They should aim to be THE urban high-speed wireless data provider of choice. They should be using wireless to make the Comcasts and Cablevisions of the world squeal, even to make Verizon and AT&T wireless customers think twice if they're in any kind of populated area. Even if Sprint is broke, Son has the money. He evidently has the ego. Does he have the willpower?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Neither one needs each other. It would benefit both but it's a want. Imo Sprint could continue to lose $ for a decade or more & it wouldn't bk them. For Japan SoftBank is too big to fail & Son is too stubborn to concede.
    Depends what you mean by needs. Needs to survive? No, needs to actually compete with Verizon and att? Remains to be seen. You eventually have to compete on the same scale as your competition. Neither sprint or TMobile can do that. It's what the CEO of d.t. has implied in many of his statements including this one recently.

Hoettges, in the interview published on Sunday, declined to comment directly on talks between the companies.

"In the U.S. there is a duopoly between two very big players, and then there are two smaller players well behind," he said.

He is 100 percent correct. You have 2 major players on a completely different scale than the 2 smaller players. He has been beating this drum for years now.

Feedback Score
    This was one massive distraction for T-mobile's management team and the recent 'carrier' moves reflect that disarray. Now they can back to the business of being Tmobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keason View Post
    This was one massive distraction for T-mobile's management team and the recent 'carrier' moves reflect that disarray. Now they can back to the business of being Tmobile.
    Well said.

Come on Legere get back to being the Uncarrier. Hit 'em harder than ever.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I'm at the point where I just want the decision to be made one way or another.
    Why get caught up in it, who cares really?

I'm on my 3rd month using Magenta and while the competitive aspect raised an eyebrow none of it really matters to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by photoeditor View Post
    T-Mobile and Dish actually makes some sense, given all that spectrum Dish has been hoarding and the near-impossibility of preventing the Trump FCC from allowing mergers and/or alignments between different types of communication company. If Verizon and Comcast, and AT&T and DirectTV can get cozy with one another, why not T-Mobile and Dish? Even a full T-Mo/Dish merger would probably be less of an impediment to competition than the current Verizon/Comcast and AT&T/DirectTV arrangements, not to mention the outrageous proposed AT&T/TimeWarner deal. And unlike any of the other deals on the table I can easily see it helping competition on account of completing the process of bringing T-Mobile to spectrum parity with the traditional cellular giants.

Sprint needs to be more creative with all that high frequency high bandwidth spectrum they have. They should aim to be THE urban high-speed wireless data provider of choice. They should be using wireless to make the Comcasts and Cablevisions of the world squeal, even to make Verizon and AT&T wireless customers think twice if they're in any kind of populated area. Even if Sprint is broke, Son has the money. He evidently has the ego. Does he have the willpower?
    If they can kick Charlie out of the combined companies, or at the very least from meddling, Dish spectrum would be a good pickup.
    If Dish doesn't sell soon their spectrum will be worthless (I've read they had to do SOMETHING with it by a specified time or they relinquish it)

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    If they can kick Charlie out of the combined companies, or at the very least from meddling, Dish spectrum would be a good pickup.
    That's the only way I'd be in favor of it. Was an early adopter of Dish Network, and definitely not a fan of Mr. Ergen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    Not going lie, I was relieved when I saw this today. The rumor about a Dish and T-Mobile merger sounds intriguing though. That would leave 4 carriers and give TMUS a television arm to help compete with VZW and ATT.

Sent from my VS996 using HoFo mobile app
    That article is from 2015

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Maybe Amazon might want a shot in partnering with T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    Maybe Amazon might want a shot in partnering with T-Mobile.
    What would they bring to the table that T-Mobile needs? I've read some analysts speculating on a T-Mobile/Amazon/Dish three-way deal.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They produce movies/tv shows + online video content and most of all they have a lot of moolah to help TMO build out their wireless infrastructure.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast