Thread: Apple Maps Screen Keeps Turning Off While Navigating

Feedback Score

Apple Maps Screen Keeps Turning Off While Navigating

I thought that was supposed to be a battery-saving feature, but I'm still seeing the screen turn off every minute or less even while the phone is plugged into the car's USB port charging. The USB port is working and charging the phone.
    I have the phone mounted on the dash so I can easily glance at the screen and keep updated on the ETA and distance to the next turn without touching the phone, but the screen keeps turning off and I have to keep tapping on it to wake it up. Super annoying.

How can this be fixed?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    That isn't a solution. I still need the screen to lock automatically.
    Apple Maps and other navigation apps are supposed to stay on screen and keep navigating even if the screen locks.
    The issue is that the screen dims and eventually turns off completely as if it's trying to save the battery, but the battery doesn't need saving since the phone is actively charging.

Feedback Score
    It looks like the problem of the screen sleeping during navigation only happens when the maps are navigating on top of the lock screen when you use Siri to start navigating without first unlocking the phone.
    If I unlock the screen first before starting the navigation, the maps keep the screen awake the entire time the map is actively navigating (at least if the phone is plugged in and charging).