Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frequently loosing data access

Device(s)
    HP Veer
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    I called and all they did was setup an appointment at a Sprint store

The Ting chart isn't accurate. According to it I need a SIMGLW416Q but the currently active SIM is SIMOLW416Q which isn't even listed. Actually none of the 3 SIM cards a I got are listed.
    More Bars in More Places.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joako View Post
    I called and all they did was setup an appointment at a Sprint store

The Ting chart isn't accurate. According to it I need a SIMGLW416Q but the currently active SIM is SIMOLW416Q which isn't even listed. Actually none of the 3 SIM cards a I got are listed.
    The kit is shipping some new sims that are not in widespread use yet. Quite a few phones can take more than one sim part number.

The chart is perfectly adequate. SIMGLW416Q and SIMOLW416Q are equivalent and are used in a wide variety of recent phones. Both are current and you can use either, as I posted earlier. People are using a zillion of each of them depending on what stock a particular seller has. The O or G just indicates the manufacturing location. That is why people abbreviate to 416Q in this case. I assure you Ting is not shipping an incorrect part for one of the most widely-used sims across a whole bunch of recent high-end models.

Sprint dual-sources all sims so that if there a ever a problem with manufacturing, they can track it readily.
    Last edited by comintel; 10-22-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joako View Post
    Does Sprint block data if I put the SIM in the wrong device? I put the SIM in my laptop and configure the APN as cinet.spcs and I get an IP address but no data access. I try to do the official swap on sprint.com but it says Hmmm… this number doesn't match our records, please try again.
    You can't swap SIMs on your own with Sprint. In order for the SIM to work in a different device, Sprint has to deactivate the SIM from the current device and activate it on the next device. The SIM also has to be the correct model for each device.

Feedback Score
    I was facing the same issue. After looking around for many solutions I ended up with this Sprint APN Settings By Techomarkt. After settings this and rebooting device my issue was resolved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2