Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Balances are not transferred, help/suggestion required

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    REFILLING YOUR ACCOUNT BEFORE YOUR SERVICE END DATE. If you do not purchase and add airtime prior to the Service End Date, your TracFone Service will be deactivated on the Service End Date and you will lose your phone number even if you have minutes remaining. To prevent this from occurring, please keep your TracFone Service active by purchasing and adding an Airtime Cards on or before your Service End Date. Notwithstanding your Service End Date, TracFone reserves the right to discontinue service and deactivate any phone for which there is no voice, text or data usage for a period of six (6) consecutive months for Smartphones and twelve (12) consecutive months for other phones. If your Service is deactivated, your Service can be reactivated by purchasing and adding an Airtime Card. Once reactivated, your phone may be assigned a new phone number. Airtime which remained unused at the time of deactivation will still be available if Service is reactivated within 60 days from the deactivation date otherwise any unused airtime will be lost.
    I ported out of my U2 to another service provider and then reactivated the U2 with a new number and retaining the unused units and days. I did use chat to explain what I was going to do and confirm this was possible and had them verify my units/days. I was told in chat that I would have to add airtime to do this, however, ............ KentE posted on Turk Forums that they just used the TF OLAM to reactivate with new number but did not have to add airtime.
    Link to follow up Q
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    I ported out of my U2 to another service provider and then reactivated the U2 with a new number and retaining the unused units and days. I did use chat to explain what I was going to do and confirm this was possible and had them verify my units/days. I was told in chat that I would have to add airtime to do this, however, ............ KentE posted on Turk Forums that they just used the TF OLAM to reactivate with new number but did not have to add airtime.
    Link to follow up Q
    This actually helps a lot. I confirmed with them that this is possible. But now they are saying that it is not. I activated another number with buying airtime. But that did not help. Now lets see what happens with the new sim they are sending. What KentE did not face and is my case is that mine is GSM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkdas View Post
    This actually helps a lot. I confirmed with them that this is possible. But now they are saying that it is not. I activated another number with buying airtime. But that did not help. Now lets see what happens with the new sim they are sending. What KentE did not face and is my case is that mine is GSM.
    Yes GSM makes it more difficult, especially if you don't contact C/S prior to porting out.

Going forward, maybe the best advice to someone attempting this if on GSM would be to transfer service to a CDMA SIM, verify with C/S and then port out, reactivate and then transfer back to GSM? Of course you need to be in an area covered by CDMA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2