Thread: Fraudulent Jump Question.

Feedback Score

Fraudulent Jump Question.

Hi,

How does someone walk into a T-Mobile Store using someone else's phone number and leave with a new phone and phone number which they subsequently cancel, without showing a driver's license (which I need to show every time I pay the bill in person) and without turning in the device which has JOD attached to it?

I went through every possible scenario in my head and unless they paid off the remaining balance on the JOD handset with a stolen credit card, I cannot see how else this could have happened.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

Feedback Score
    Yes, I can't think of any other way besides someone paying off the remaining balance of that JOD device using cash or a stolen credit card. However, if that happened, it's an indicator of possibly a new employee who forgot to ask for an ID to verify the account holder's identity, or an authorized user on the account, and making a copy of the ID. T-Mobile employees are required to make a copy of the ID anytime a device is being purchased on an installment plan (JOD or EIP). The only exception is when the customer pays the phone outright.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Lobo. I think that you're right and it was probably a new employee who was careless.