Thread: Moto G4 Plus Bluetooth functionality died

Feedback Score

Moto G4 Plus Bluetooth functionality died

I've had my G4Plus since December 2016, running on Freedom Mobile (Canada), and upgraded the OS to Nougat when prompted earlier this year. I like the device well enough and it meets my needs and wants.

Recently, I can't pinpoint the date though, the bluetooth functionality crapped out ENTIRELY. I know the Bluetooth was working in early September; I have a date stamp of September 6 for an incoming call on a paired device.

At some point between mid-September and early October, I installed a security patch to the OS, dated on Sept. 1, 2017.

It's more than an a problem of connectivity -- it's that turning on bluetooth functionality does nothing -- nil, nada, zilch, bupkis. In Settings, Bluetooth shows as disabled and nothing I've done has fixed it. I have powered off and restarted but have not done a factory reset yet.

Questions:

Anyone else having bluetooth functionality issues on the G4 Plus? Did you resolve them? If so, how?
    Anyone else had bluetooth issues after the Sept. 1, 2017 security patch? Did you resolve them? If so, how?
    What should I try before taking the phone (still under warranty until December 2017) for repair?

Feedback Score
    Not sure what the protocol is on this forum; if replying to self is a "no-no", I ask your forgiveness in advance.

I resolved the issue by going to Settings \ Apps then Reset Apps preferences from the "3-dots" menu."

Source of solution: A thread on Motorola forums -- forums.lenovo.com -- entitled "Google Play Protect destroyed Bluetooth". I can't post the link because I haven't posted enough.