Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't Receive Calls form AT&T Wireless to my GV #

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Can't Receive Calls form AT&T Wireless to my GV #

This is really odd, but for some reason only people on AT&T or Cricket Wireless (MVNO of AT&T) cannot reach my Google Voice Number. It does not ring and the numbers do not show up as spam or in the missed calls section of my Google Voice Console. I thought at first the numbers were blocked but that isn't the case. If I try to call the number from my google voice or add a line that is an AT&T Wireless Number to the Google Voice account that works without issue. I'm really baffled. The message I receive is as follows:

When I try to dial from my AT&T wireless Phone I receive "The number you dial is not a working number. Please check then number and dial again. Message 3 FL12UN"

Tried the number on Sprint, Verizon Wireless, POTS (Via Frontier), and T-Mobile and those all connect without issue. When I call my carrier to report the issue they are worthless.

Only thing I can think is that the number has been flagged as spam but that is a complete guess.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I use Google Voice with two Cricket/AT&T numbers and most of the folks in my family are on AT&T. Unfortunately I don't have any issues with receiving calls from any of these people. I'll trade you...

Feedback Score
    smtelegadis,
    What happens if you call the real cell number from AT&T or Cricket Wireless - as a test to eliminate GV?

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Works fine. There is never a route out of Cricket/AT&T to the GV number. The error is originating from the Carrier. When I called Support with my Carrier AT&T and it was fruitless.

Feedback Score
    Do you have access to another GV number you can test call from Cricket?

Just confirmed my Net10/AT&T line can dial my GV number and it rings through.

Quote Originally Posted by smtelegadis View Post
    Works fine. There is never a route out of Cricket/AT&T to the GV number. The error is originating from the Carrier. When I called Support with my Carrier AT&T and it was fruitless.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Do you have access to another GV number you can test call from Cricket?

Just confirmed my Net10/AT&T line can dial my GV number and it rings through.
    Yes and that one works perfectly. It has to be something related to the number and it being flagged as a Spam number on AT&T. One of my business associates said my number came up as "Suspected Spam" on the caller ID of his T-Mobile phone.

If that is the case the thing is I don't know how to have that flag removed.

Feedback Score
    What number are you referring to as being considered spam? GV or carrier number? If AT&T is considering your GV number as spam, seems that you have to contact AT&T to resolve that. If they won't help, file a complaint with the FCC through their website.

Yes and that one works perfectly. It has to be something related to the number and it being flagged as a Spam number on AT&T. One of my business associates said my number came up as "Suspected Spam" on the caller ID of his T-Mobile phone.

If that is the case the thing is I don't know how to have that flag removed.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    What number are you referring to as being considered spam? GV or carrier number? If AT&T is considering your GV number as spam, seems that you have to contact AT&T to resolve that. If they won't help, file a complaint with the FCC through their website.
    Please understand this is my "Theory" of what is going on. I have no definitive proof. It is my Google Voice number is being considered Spam. Apparently there is a block of numbers that share the same prefix 407-203-94xx that have been flagged on a number of databases. I tried Contacting AT&T and had a few others do the same. AT&T Wireless and Cricket both pass the buck and put the reason for the error on Google Voice even though the error code is AT&T's and their network is the only one causing an issue.

I filed a complaint with the FCC. Hopefully, this will resolve the issue.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Can't even port the number at this point. I'm really frustrated. This is beyond a crazy lack response by google.

Feedback Score
    Can't even port the number at this point. I'm really frustrated. This is beyond a crazy lack response by google.
    As I understand it, the steps to port a # out of GV are:
    -Pay $3 to unlock the #. If you paid to port the # into GV, there is no $3 charge.
    -When your GV porting status page indicates "Unlocked", have your new provider request the port.
    -Account Number: 10 Digit Google Voice #; #s Only; PIN: GV VM PIN

At what point is the port out getting stuck?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It is free. To where are you trying to port? MVNOs seem to have trouble porting from GV, especially Tracfone. I ported my number between GV & Verizon 3 times before finally leaving it with GV. It took exactly 24 hours to port the number to GV, and about a week to port it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    It is free. To where are you trying to port? MVNOs seem to have trouble porting from GV, especially Tracfone. I ported my number between GV & Verizon 3 times before finally leaving it with GV. It took exactly 24 hours to port the number to GV, and about a week to port it out.
    What is free? If you mean the port out, as I understand it, it is only free to port OUT if you paid to port the # IN to GV to start with. If you received a # from GV at signup, there is a $3 fee. I mentioned all of this above. Is something different now that I'm not aware of?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    GV is free, that is why there is little support. I have never been able to port a number out of GV to prepaid or MVNOs, but I have been able to port out to Verizon postpaid. The OP will likely need to port out to a postpaid carrier however I don't know that it will solve the issue of that particular number being flagged as fraud. If he wants to continue to use GV he should obtain a good local number, port it into GV, let all his contacts know his number has changed, and get on with his life.

Because there is little over site or support, and you can get a GV number with purely fictions information, there is a ton of fraud being committed with GV numbers, exp. on Craigslist. No one is going to be able to help him clear that number, he needs to be rid of it.

Feedback Score
    smtelegadis still needs to come back and tell us where the port is getting stuck.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Boz1,
    The number was originally a T-Mobile number that ported in in May of 2015 and had no issues until 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, the number shows inactive while in reality it is actually ringing in on most carriers and receiving text messages on ALL including AT&T wireless services. I'm done trying to manage the port process without being able to ***** and complain when things go wrong. Wound up signing up for Google Project-Fi. Thank you for your post. I am familiar with porting numbers and I have had success in the past using MVNOs (Page+, Cricket, & H2O), but that was some time ago. In all those instances I was using a number that originated outside of GV.

At&t finally resolved the issue. The number was not routing outside their system. I'm still moving forward with project FI as I need to assure it stays working. Worth $20 a month to keep the customer service in check. Also I'm pretty sure I am going to like the new service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast