Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rogers put the US carriers to shame

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omarc443 View Post
    Verizon is much superior to any network in Canada
    Have you ever used Bell and Telus? If you have, you’ll know what “superior” feels like.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Once VoLTE roaming is more widespread, I would imagine we could roam on Verizon. I think the only people roaming on Verizon at this point are off one Japanese carrier trialling VoLTE roaming. Also agree that Bellus is better than Verizon, more consistently faster for sure.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    As Someone who lives in the US . And was browsing the Canadian forums. Found this and saw the mistake you were roaming on At&t and T-Mobile. Try Verizon ohhh wait I forgot Rogers or any Canadian network doesn't roam on Verizon haha.. so yeaaaa you missed out on what's good Verizon is reliable compared to at&t and T-Mobile and has solid LTE were the others don't like in rural places out of the city take a trip by car there's lots of stretches At&t and T-Mobile absolutely have no service not even 2G edge but Verizon has solid LTE u never ever go without service on Verizon . So yea... same with everyone else on here commenting they been in the US and tried at&t and T-Mobile . Verizon is much superior to any network in Canada and than At&t and T-Mobile in terms of coverage and LTE, LTE speeds are up to 150 mbps in some areas with verizon were at&t and T-Mobile get 10 mbps in the same areas . Like in new York, Miami ,California, Chicago. Look it up I ain't lying. Verizon is def the best you and everyone else on here should try it next time u come to the US.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Wow Lol have you done any comparison to other networks or actually roamed on on us networks in real time I have never seen 150mb speeds ever on vzw heavy traffic networks in urban areas they rural areas only have lte band 13 and I rarely ever seen anything about 15 also there's a lot of fall back to cdma and when that happens calls drop data crawls as we know LTE and CDMA aren't comparable to say that's superior is ridiculous. As for Bellus I have gotten close to 150 mb in urban areas

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As Someone who lives in the US . And was browsing the Canadian forums. Found this and saw the mistake you were roaming on At&t and T-Mobile. Try Verizon ohhh wait I forgot Rogers or any Canadian network doesn't roam on Verizon haha.. so yeaaaa you missed out on what's good Verizon is reliable compared to at&t and T-Mobile and has solid LTE were the others don't like in rural places out of the city take a trip by car there's lots of stretches At&t and T-Mobile absolutely have no service not even 2G edge but Verizon has solid LTE u never ever go without service on Verizon . So yea... same with everyone else on here commenting they been in the US and tried at&t and T-Mobile . Verizon is much superior to any network in Canada and than At&t and T-Mobile in terms of coverage and LTE, LTE speeds are up to 150 mbps in some areas with verizon were at&t and T-Mobile get 10 mbps in the same areas . Like in new York, Miami ,California, Chicago. Look it up I ain't lying. Verizon is def the best you and everyone else on here should try it next time u come to the US.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Sounded like "I'm 15 and my d*ck is bigger than yours"
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Sounded like "I'm 15 and my d*ck is bigger than yours"
    If you have a big boat, you need a big dock...

Canada does get what it pays for with cellular, even VZW'S network wasn't as robust as Bell's, back in the IS-95 days...

Robellus does well in comparison to ATT and T-Mo...

But we pay through the nose for it...

Sent from my XT1563 using HoFo mobile app
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Feedback Score
    Verizon is much superior to any network in Canada
    Rogers is Shite, so I won't compare them here. However, the Bellus network is two carriers, that share one network (and therefore also share cost), with fewer overall subscribers than Verizon, and still offer 1GB plans for like $70 on their network...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I think they've invested a lot of money in their networks recently. Bellus in particular rolled out a HSPA+ network from scratch so even fallback from LTE is fast.

Then there's the 70$/gb overage that keeps the networks from being busy... vs america where there's always someone offering an unlimited plan, some people cancel their internet at home and use 60gb/month on their phone

Feedback Score
    Roaming isn’t ever a good way to tell what a network is like in my experience. I’ve lived in New York , Chicago and Toronto and my service is with Verizon.

NY using Verizon- never an issue unless on the subway. Work phone AT&T by all means usable but Verizon was better.
    Chicago- 90% of the time good on Verizon, switched to TMobile because of price - T-Mobile extremely unreliable almost as bad as Freedom lol didn’t take long to port back
    Toronto- kept my Verizon phone as my main phone and roamed on Bell, Telus and Rogers and decided to stick with Bell, if that failed then go to Telus. Last resort I’d lock it to Rogers but it would have been bottom of my list. I did have a half price plan from Rogers because I worked for them but I ended up cancelling it and porting to Telus just to maintain a Canadian phone number.

Roaming in Ireland never works as well as the normal Irish networks regardless of who my home network is- roaming often sucks but pop in my Vodafone sim and it’s bulletproof. Put a Vodafone phone beside a US or Canadian phone roaming on Vodafone and there no comparison.

Network wise give me Verizon any day in the US. Canada give me Bell or Telus. Rogers would be the bottom of my Canadian list anyway

Feedback Score
    Rogers network is never under high load because it costs a fortune to use data. If they had a true unlimited plan, it would be the same crappy service in the US.

Feedback Score

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Rogers network is never under high load because it costs a fortune to use data. If they had a true unlimited plan, it would be the same crappy service in the US.
    I totally agree - its go good because no one uses it!

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    BS. If they can't supply data at 3G, or 4G under load, why are we hearing about 5G? Fix what you have, dammit before you throw around the latest buzzwords!

Oh, and that 5G will need all new devices to work... If you're hearing violins, that's the consumer being played...
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I've used a Verizon sim when going to the USA before and I find the Rogers network way better in terms of speeds. My friend is on Telus and I get better coverage than him indoors in Vancouver. We do speed tests and he often gets higher download by around 4mbps but my upload is always higher. So Rogers network is not shite, in Vancouver it can reach speeds up to 375 download while Bell Goes up to 385 max however Rogers has higher upload. Either way from my experience they are boy better than Verizon, can't say about other USA carriers.

Feedback Score
    I think it's fair to say though that each place differs. I know when I began working at Rogers there was the attitude that service was poor in Canada compared to Telus and Bell but there wasn't as much of a service gap as people would have made out to be- at least in Toronto anyway- relatives in AB would have said it was poor in comparison to the other big two but maybe that's their experience. I was in NY so my US service was almost perfect but go to a different area and AT&T would be stronger. Unless we're on something like Freedom the service should be more than adequate Candawide for the most part anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2