Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Loyalty 30 Plan Did Not Extend Contract

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was paying $165, I would have stayed if my contract was extended & avoided the $20 increase.
    Current carrier: Sprint (11/01/2017)
    Previous carriers: T-mobile & Verizon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    I appear to have succeeded.

Call Verizon, tell the automated system that you want to cancel your plan, then ask the win-back department to apply plan code 89736 to every line whose contract you want to extend to one year from the effective date.

When you tell the automated system "Cancel" are you automatically routed to the retention dept?

Did you all of this on one call, or make a separate call to the retention department?

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpainter View Post
    When you tell the automated system "Cancel" are you automatically routed to the retention dept?

Did you all of this on one call, or make a separate call to the retention department?
    Yes and yes.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, all. I believe I have added the Loyalty plan successfully, as well, extending my contract and ($29.99 gUDP) for 1 year.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So, what exactly does the Loyalty Plan add? 30 mins of talk? Can it then be removed later in the day to go back to data only?

My 2-yr contract just ended on the 4th and I haven't renewed yet, because I want to make sure I don't lose my Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    So, what exactly does the Loyalty Plan add? 30 mins of talk? Can it then be removed later in the day to go back to data only?

My 2-yr contract just ended on the 4th and I haven't renewed yet, because I want to make sure I don't lose my Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan.
    What plan do you have now with the gUDP on it?

You may not be able to switch to a Loyalty Plan after your existing gUDP contract espires. If you don't extend an existing gUDP contract, you will see an increase of $20 per month on your next bill (unless you already experienced that increase last year).

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    What plan do you have now with the gUDP on it?

You may not be able to switch to a Loyalty Plan after your existing gUDP contract espires. If you don't extend an existing gUDP contract, you will see an increase of $20 per month on your next bill (unless you already experienced that increase last year).
    I can't give you plan codes, because the My Verizon website doesn't reveal them. What I can tell you is I have an old Grandfathered Plan that was for Business Accounts, but a Business Customer Service Rep transferred it onto my Consumer Account when I did the Assumption Of Liability for this line, because his computer system allowed him to do so at the time (fall of 2015.)

What's really strange is that my Next Bill Estimate does NOT yet reflect the $20 upcharge that's supposed to hit...

But I still plan to renew my contract before that changes. I just need to know the most surefire way to do so.

Feedback Score
    Looks like you still are on a corporate plan and maybe those accounts don't get hit with the $20 increase.

As you can see below, even the Loyalty Plan is more expensive than your business rate. My bill is ususally about $50 when taxes and fees get added.

Name:  Loyaly Plan.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  21.7 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Looks like you still are on a corporate plan and maybe those accounts don't get hit with the $20 increase.

As you can see below, even the Loyalty Plan is more expensive than your business rate. My bill is ususally about $50 when taxes and fees get added.

Name:  Loyaly Plan.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  21.7 KB
    I'm definitely still on that Corporate Rate Plan, and in Fall of 2015, when they put the notice about the $20 increase on people's bills, I definitely got the notice. Luckily, the line was month to month and therefore eligible for an upgrade, so I used the Apple.Com method that worked back then to get an iPhone (that I then sold to a friend's daughter) so I could lock up my plan under a 2-yr contract, which just expired on the 4th, I believe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2