Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have you ever tried a cell phone signal booster?

Feedback Score

what about the frequencies?

[QUOTE=-Radiowave-;16916973]I had the same problem with T-Mobile a year ago. My 4G net was awful almost always, besides sometimes I got call drops. I talked with guys from their service center many times, however that was useless because they found that my problem was not with their network but the cellular tower which is sadly located too far from my house I suppose that you have the same problem and yeah, a signal booster can be a nice solution in this case, the guys from T-Mobile recommended me to buy the one too
    I can recommend such type of signal boosters
    You can try also a femtocell as an alternative

Thank you, and what about the frequencies? It looks like these gadgets are for Europe only and you know they won't be compatible with US carriers. How did you manager to resolve the problem with one of them?

Feedback Score
    hi

is anybody still on this thread? I'm one pace away from buying a hiboost signal repeater. Came upon this decision as
    1) can't bear poor signal any longer
    2) was offered a good discount
    3) the booster is FCC certified
    4) my neighbour use one of hiboost brand and it works well

still hesitating though

Feedback Score
    Cell phone boosters (and wi-fi boosters) have really improved over the last few years. Generally speaking, you can use one brand with any carrier (just be sure to register it with your carrier) and there are many differently priced options. Rather than telling you which one to get, I encourage you to check this page out. They have many blogs on boosters, reviews, and FAQ's including ways to boost a signal for free.

Feedback Score
    I have the 4G-X booster in my car. It does work, though coverage has improved locally over the last couple of years to the point where I don’t really need it.

Besides the difference in signal, I found it used to often be the difference between having LTE or being stuck on “4G” or EDGE without the booster.

I’m not sure if anyone makes a booster that supports Band 71. If I was buying one now, I’d certainly be looking for that feature.

Feedback Score
    If you get the T-Mobile booster then place the window unit as high as possible. The only place that worked in my single-story house was on top of the refrigerator in the kitchen which had access to a window.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2