Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RedPocket Verizon VoLTE, WiFi calling

Feedback Score

RedPocket Verizon VoLTE, WiFi calling

Does RedPocket’s Verizon service have VoLTE and/ or WiFi calling and hotspot capabilities?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramdompcgeek View Post
    Does RedPocket’s Verizon service have VoLTE and/ or WiFi calling and hotspot capabilities?
    No VoLTE or WiFi calling yet. Hotspot isn't actively blocked, but if you're using a Vzw branded phone, the built-in hotspot app won't work.

Feedback Score
    My wife has RedPocket Verizon service with her iPhone. VoLTE is working as of yesterday. Shocked me, first time I had noticed it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    No VoLTE or WiFi calling yet. Hotspot isn't actively blocked, but if you're using a Vzw branded phone, the built-in hotspot app won't work.

Is there a hotspot app that works?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcuzdave View Post
    My wife has RedPocket Verizon service with her iPhone. VoLTE is working as of yesterday. Shocked me, first time I had noticed it.
    Is VoLTE still working on her iPhone? I activated RedPocket Verizon service on my iPhone yesterday. When I try to change the "Enable LTE" option from "Data Only" to "Voice & Data", my iPhone says "Cannot Activate LTE Calls. To enable LTE calls on this account, contact Verizon".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chetrbox View Post
    Is VoLTE still working on her iPhone? I activated RedPocket Verizon service on my iPhone yesterday. When I try to change the "Enable LTE" option from "Data Only" to "Voice & Data", my iPhone says "Cannot Activate LTE Calls. To enable LTE calls on this account, contact Verizon".
    Nope, it stopped working shortly (a few weeks) after I posted that comment and never returned. She’s still using RP and the same iPhone, but still no carrier updates.

Feedback Score
    Contact Red Pocket CS. They were able to enable 'Voice & Data' option for LTE on my iPhone.

Carrier(s)
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    You need to contact red pocket to enable VoLTE on Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysbca View Post
    Contact Red Pocket CS. They were able to enable 'Voice & Data' option for LTE on my iPhone.
    Unrelated to topic, but asking since you have an iPhone. Do you have any profiles installed in Settings -> General -> Profile ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberoam View Post
    You need to contact red pocket to enable VoLTE on Verizon.
    Why don't they just enable it by default? Does it cost them money?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    odd, my native hotspot worked on my verizon branded moto z droid

Feedback Score
    Unrelated to topic, but asking since you have an iPhone. Do you have any profiles installed in Settings -> General -> Profile ?
    No profiles installed.

Feedback Score
    Thanks mysbca. Wrote to their customer service. They asked for last 4 digits of SIM and did their magic. I'm now able to to set 'Enable LTE' to 'Voice & Data'

barryspar, I'm not sure why they don't enable it by default. From my email to them it seemed like they needed to confirm the device was Verizon certified.

We have checked <my_redpocket_number>. We are pleased to inform you that VoLTE service is available as long as the devices are Verizon certified and 4G / LTE. Before we can proceed, please provide us the last four digits of your *SIM ICCID for verification purposes.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    Why don't they just enable it by default? Does it cost them money?
    Where Time=money, probably yes. I suspect that they have to send something to Verizon for that phone. With Boom Mobile, I had to fill out an online phone with SIM number, phone model, and ESN?
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    I had them enable it on 2 of my phone's. Done with CS chat. Motorola G5 plus unlocked and a Verizon Galaxy S7. Both on Red Pocket Verizon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast