Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto E4

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    2800mAh... . They complain about battery life:
    https://www.tomsguide.com/us/moto-e4,review-4489.html
    That review says "The device has just 16GB of storage, and less than half of it usable, thanks to the OS and preinstalled apps". Mine has close to 10GB available out-of-the-box.

Feedback Score
    That's a huge difference which I don't even think can be attributed to disabling or uninstalling apps if you did either

How much do you have free after letting the apps update, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That review says "The device has just 16GB of storage, and less than half of it usable, thanks to the OS and preinstalled apps". Mine has close to 10GB available out-of-the-box.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My E4 says 8.47 GB of 16 GB used under Storage in Settings. I've had it a few weeks and installed maybe 5 apps and disabled the NFL app. I will say that right now it is speedier than my G4 Play. I notice it when I do mobile searches for Bing rewards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    What is the battery amperage, Snowywhite? Perhaps it will hold a charge longer than previuos phones. I have become enamored of the moto line of late.
    As tfusr19 already gave the amperage I will just mention that I've been using an LG Phoenix 2 since just after Black Friday 2016 and using it a lot and I've noticed that my battery life on it isn't lasting as long as it used to.
    That is one reason why I went with this Moto E4.
    I've not used this phone yet since I just got it today but next week I'm going to get it all set up with my Tracfone account after I port my account to my recent purchase of the Rebel 2 bundle from HSN.

I'm hoping that the battery life will be better.

I have some Moto G phones from a few years ago and I liked them but they all had non Removable batteries and I just basically goofed around with them briefly and moved on to different phones.

I was pretty impressed with the specs on this one compared to the Rebel 2.
    I really only bought that one to harvest the service time and buckets of talk, text and data.

I had intended to switch the balance and everything back to my Phoenix 2 until I started reading the posts about this phone and that it can be used with AT&T and T-Mobile and Verizon MVNOs. And no problems using it with Tracfone. After unlocking it.
    I PMed with someone who has tried it with his SIM from a Phoenix 2 and his Rebel 2 and he has given me confidence enough in this phone to buy it.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    That's a huge difference which I don't even think can be attributed to disabling or uninstalling apps if you did either

How much do you have free after letting the apps update, etc?

Below are some screenshots that I just took. The File Manager says 3.78GB is used out of 10.03GB available (which jives with the system usage of 5.97GB). Apps + data (a downloaded movie) use 3.02GB. Other files (screenshots, contacts, ringtones...) use .492GB. I only disabled a few Google apps.

Attachment 154250

Attachment 154251

Attachment 154252

Attachment 154253

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    My E4 says 8.47 GB of 16 GB used under Storage in Settings. I've had it a few weeks and installed maybe 5 apps and disabled the NFL app. I will say that right now it is speedier than my G4 Play. I notice it when I do mobile searches for Bing rewards.
    File manager says used 2.69 GB Free 7.45 GB of internal storage.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    What is the battery amperage, Snowywhite? Perhaps it will hold a charge longer than previuos phones. I have become enamored of the moto line of late.
    It uses the exact same battery as your Moto G4 Play. I haven't even tried the battery from the Moto E4, I've been using the batteries from the Moto G4 Plays that I have.

Feedback Score
    Thanks hpham. That's great. I'm constantly having to delete app caches and keep the internal storage clear of my files to maintain 1GB of free space on my Huawei since I have so many apps and other stuff I can't move and the phone only has 8.5GB user space if 16GB total.

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    I am finally seeing people coming to my store looking for the phone. I had a lady buy the last two a couple of days ago. Just yesterday I had a customer ask for them. I ended up buying the last G4 play because I need a phone after Irma. I my store had a promo that gives 5GB of high-speed data for the month for $40. It helped while my T-Mobile and Xfinity service was being fixed in the area. I would keep Verizon but I already have an ATT Tracfone sim that has lots of time and data on it. I just had to let my Mother use it in the house after the storm and she wound up in the hospital after the storm.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walcott View Post
    I ended up buying the last G4 play because I need a phone after Irma. I would keep Verizon but I already have an ATT Tracfone sim that has lots of time and data on it.
    From what I've read, the Verizon G4 Play has no voice support on AT&T, just LTE for data.

Feedback Score
    From what I've read, the Verizon G4 Play has no voice support on AT&T, just LTE for data.
    Yes, that was my experience with a Verizon Prepaid G4 Play. I got an unlock code on ebay and had data but no voice on AT&T.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    Yes, that was my experience with a Verizon Prepaid G4 Play. I got an unlock code on ebay and had data but no voice on AT&T.
    Apparently there are ways to get AT&T voice service on the VZ G4 Play XT1609 , but the people who know how to do it won't do it for free. Interesting that a Walmart was selling that phone for $20.

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised Verizon didn't disable AT&T voice on the E4 also if they did it on the G4 Play.

Apparently there are ways to get AT&T voice service on the VZ G4 Play XT1609 , but the people who know how to do it won't do it for free. Interesting that a Walmart was selling that phone for $20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Just odd to change the thickness for just the nano SIM section. Would expect the whole card to be one thickness.
    It's not. Only the nano SIM portion is thinner. This is the case with every triple cut SIM card I have ever used.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1968 View Post
    Never thought I'd be that guy, but I didn't come to this thread to read about nano sim vs micro sim thickness. WHO CARES?
    Topic for this thread is Moto E4, which by the way, I'm considering taking a gamble on the US Cellular E4. I've read elsewhere it is bootloader unlockable, thus making it rootable (in theory). Just need to work up the nerve to hit buy on eBay ($50). I hate to be wrong, but I guess I could re-sell it.
    Please let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 ... LastLast