Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1379

Thread: Moto E4

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, rooted. On some devices you can view stuff in /system with the right file manager.

I don't have an E4 handy to test with. I'll try to remember to check my daughter's VZW E4 later (she's dragging feet on moving to the no-VZW E4).

If I put an ogg file in Alarms folder on "internal storage", from clock change alam sound, "add new", enable "show internal storage" in the picker, I can then go to internal storage, select Alarms folder, and select the ogg file.

Then that added sound will be in the list in the clock app for easy selection in the future.

Interestingly, if I put a single mp3 file in the Alarms folder, the picker shows that folder normally (not using internal storage) and shows all the ogg files in there too.

For sure a bug in the picker.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Okay. Thanks for letting me know your findings on your E4 Plus.

It bothers me when things don't work as expected and I can't figure out why.

I'll wait for you to post back with what you discover on your daughter's Vzw E4.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Same behavior on her E4.

As long as there's one mp3 in the folder it appears in the picker and I can select the ogg files in the folder. If only ogg files the folder isn't shown under Audio (but is if browsing internal storage).

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Same behavior on her E4.

As long as there's one mp3 in the folder it appears in the picker and I can select the ogg files in the folder. If only ogg files the folder isn't shown under Audio (but is if browsing internal storage).
    Interesting. So there's something odd going on with mine. I can see but not select all the ogg files whether or not there's a mp3 file in the alarms folder. If I put a mp3 file in that folder, it becomes the only selectable file in the folder.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks. I had seen it for the Vzw XT1767 announced on 5/8/19, I think.

My XT1768 just received the notice about 20 minutes ago. I'm installing it now.

I am a little disappointed that it only updated to the February 1, 2019 Android security patch level, but at least it's something!
    My Moto e5 just got the February 2019 security update.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    My Moto e5 just got the February 2019 security update.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5
    It sure is great that TF branded Android phones are also getting updates. It seems like there was a time when none of them did!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Well, I found that the Clock app on my Moto E4 is the Clock by Google app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...clock&hl=en_US ).

The Play Store showed an update available for the Clock by Google app. I think the previous version on my phone was 5.0.1, but I'm not 100% sure.

I updated the Clock by Google app, which took it to 6.1.1. I NOW not only can see but can also SELECT and USE the ogg files for my alarm tones! The updated app adds the ability to use Pandora, YouTube Music, or Spotify, which I wish it didn't, but hopefully that stuff doesn't affect me if I just don't use it.

I wonder if the Moto E4 phones that did NOT have this issue were newer builds that had a newer version of the Clock by Google app on it? The date on the box of my Moto E4 is October, 2017, so it's an older build, for sure.

Anyway, the problem seems to be fixed. Thank you, ST Dog, for all of the help while I worked through this, including posting info about how the alarm worked on your E4 Plus and your daughter's Vzw E4!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'll add, I keep apps up to date. That's a recent addition to the clock app, but both -phones were current.

I can't say about prior versions as I put my addon alarm tone in /system back when I got the phone (copying from , I think, my LG G2 running AEX).

I don't use alarms much either, so haven't paid a lot of attention. But I did see the info about the update. And it came since May 5th as I used the alarms then and they had not added Pandora and such then.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I usually only update apps if/when they stop working. I just never thought Moto/Lenovo would release a phone with an app that had an issue like this. Also, I just never considered that there would be updates to a stock clock/alarm app. But now I know that was wrong thinking!

So, now that we're talking about updates to stock apps, I see that there's an update to the stock camera app.

Did you happen to notice any difference in camera function after the stock camera app updated?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    All Google apps get updated. Most Motorola apps do too.

I only, selectively don't update some apps due to bugs or changes I don't like. Everything else stays updated.

I don't use the stock camera app to notice.

Feedback Score
    HELP ! I went to go into Settings (the Main Settings to get to the apps) to see what version of clock my E4 has since it's a newer build date then Boz's. Settings app won't open !
    A really quick message "settings has stopped" flashes on the screen then that's it. Other apps open fine. Tried restart, power off, and battery removal. Still the same. Was working fine earlier today; now nothing. Any HELP!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    HELP ! I went to go into Settings (the Main Settings to get to the apps) to see what version of clock my E4 has since it's a newer build date then Boz's. Settings app won't open !
    A really quick message "settings has stopped" flashes on the screen then that's it. Other apps open fine. Tried restart, power off, and battery removal. Still the same. Was working fine earlier today; now nothing. Any HELP!
    Have you added any new apps recently? If yes, you might be able to uninstall them to see if any are causing issues from the app drawer by long pressing on the app icon and sliding it up and onto the word "Uninstall".

Did you try restarting it in Safe Mode to see if anything changes?

By the way, you can find the clock version by opening Clock, clicking the 2 dots at the top right, selecting Help, then selecting the 3 dots at the top right, and selecting Version info.

Feedback Score
    Have you added any new apps recently?

Did you try restarting it in Safe Mode to see if anything changes?
    No new apps. I went into Main settings earlier to go to apps, and check my clock version. No problem. Then later was going in to turn on wifi to go tp Play Store and that's when Main Settings wouldn't even open. Just that real quick message flash.

How do you restart in Safe Mode?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    No new apps. I went into Main settings earlier to go to apps, and check my clock version. No problem. Then later was going in to turn on wifi to go tp Play Store and that's when Main Settings wouldn't even open. Just that real quick message flash.

How do you restart in Safe Mode?
    Press and hold the power button until you get the power off dialog. Then press on and hold "Power off" until prompted to confirm that you want to restart in Safe Mode.

Feedback Score
    Press and hold the power button until you get the power off dialog. Then press on and hold "Power off" until prompted to confirm that you want to restart in Safe Mode.
    Same thing in Safe Mode.

Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast