Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1140

Thread: Moto E4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    just gives 'LTE' '3G' and '2G' as options. No LTE/GSM/UMTS. Model xt1767
    It would be helpful if the phone version is stated for phones that have both carrier and fully unlocked versions. For the E4 that is the carrier XT1767 and the unlocked XT1768. Even the XT1767 can vary with the Verizon vs US Cellular models.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    It would be helpful if the phone version is stated for phones that have both carrier and fully unlocked versions. For the E4 that is the carrier XT1767 and the unlocked XT1768. Even the XT1767 can vary with the Verizon vs US Cellular models.
    I got the US Cellular Moto E4 back when USC was practically giving them away - it's an XT1768 model. As far as I recall from that time, the XT1768 was the only model they sold. Did they also sell the XT1767?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    I got the US Cellular Moto E4 back when USC was practically giving them away - it's an XT1768 model. As far as I recall from that time, the XT1768 was the only model they sold. Did they also sell the XT1767?
    Not that I know of. I also have the XT1768 from US Cellular and it came fully unlocked for any SIM card and is also usable for activation on the Vzw network.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Are there any cheap unlock codes for an E4
    anymore ?
    I have a new TMobile E4 I would like to get unlocked......
    Thanks for the info
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    I stand corrected...the USC information goes way back in this thread. I guess they did not want to go to the expense of locking one down as Verizon did.

Feedback Score
    Another question on my E4 as I little by little get it set up and use to it. I noticed the call ring (when receiving a call) will skip the first ring you hear on the calling end, second ring will be faint but screen will light with incoming call, then third ring and after at the proper set volume level. Is this a quirk of the phone, maybe have to do with VoLTE, or a bug in my phone? Does the same when I set any of my volumes in setting. There, first tap is faint and second tap correct volume.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Another question on my E4 as I little by little get it set up and use to it. I noticed the call ring (when receiving a call) will skip the first ring you hear on the calling end, second ring will be faint but screen will light with incoming call, then third ring and after at the proper set volume level. Is this a quirk of the phone, maybe have to do with VoLTE, or a bug in my phone? Does the same when I set any of my volumes in setting. There, first tap is faint and second tap correct volume.
    This is normal & the reason is to help prevent blasting your ears. The earpiece & speaker are shared so the volume is raised gradually to give you time to move the phone away from your ear in case it is too close when a call is coming in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    This is normal & the reason is to help prevent blasting your ears. The earpiece & speaker are shared so the volume is raised gradually to give you time to move the phone away from your ear in case it is too close when a call is coming in.
    Thanks. Good to know.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    This "feature" was present on my 1st gen Moto E.

Kind of annoying when the phone may not be immediately at hand, and you may not hear it ringing loudly enough in time to answer the call.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    And here I thought all phones had proximity sensors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    And here I thought all phones had proximity sensors.
    Phones do have proximity sensors, but they are mostly used in a simple fashion. I have an app that uses it to automatically turn the speakerphone on/off depending on phone position. Motion sensors can also be used to determine if you are holding a phone. The Moto app in some E/G phones has a function using that.

The old LG800G touch screen feature phone did not have a proximity sensor. Blanked the screen by a timer, and was very hard to use.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    But I'm still waiting on the Ebate...
    Finally got my cash back. Email notice a few hours ago.

Simple Mobile took their time responding to Ebates.
    I submitted the query to Ebates on Nov 24.

Device(s)
    LG V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky, LG Power
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    back to using the E4 as a daily driver until I find something strong/cheap enough I consider a good deal.

I noticed they had some update for the Moto Camera app in the past approx ~2 months...I daily drove the phone all Oct but then switched to the iphone when the guy returned it when it wouldn't work on sprint then used that till it outright died on me yesterday morning. Can't say I noticed much difference or performance when taking a few pics earlier today to test it out.

Some users online claim the E4 being sold recently, even verizon varients, don't have fingerprint scanners anymore, but I can't personally confirm this....if this phone couldn't be gotten cheaply and unlocked cheaply I don't see a use for the carrier branded ones anymore. I would be intrigued if the price is right on that supposedly factory unlocked US Cellular version though

Supposedly recently wal-mart had factory unlocked e4's for about 60-65 bucks slickdeals posted about, but it was local only and....to put it nicely, the workers in electronics tend to be pretty rude and belligerent and unhelpful at least at the one here, I try to go out of my way to not even speak to them if at all possible and just get them to ring me up....ideally I like using the nicer front of the store cashiers to check out

there was a similar deal with factory unlocked flagship LG G6 circa last summer and people posted similar things, belligerent rude workers denying the phone was even there yet it really was, they were likely hiding it for themselves, or to sell online later, or for friends/family members others posted about too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSnake91 View Post
    ....if this phone couldn't be gotten cheaply and unlocked cheaply I don't see a use for the carrier branded ones anymore. I would be intrigued if the price is right on that supposedly factory unlocked US Cellular version though....
    Keep an eye on Ebay. I got a factory unlocked, non-branded, factory refurb, XT1768 for $65.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSnake91 View Post
    Some users online claim the E4 being sold recently, even verizon varients, don't have fingerprint scanners anymore, but I can't personally confirm this...
    Likely the E5 with it's rear fingerprint scanner that appears to be not as functional as the front scanner on the E4.

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76