Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
Results 1,366 to 1,379 of 1379

Thread: Moto E4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    You're welcome. Hopefully he could also use or knows someone that could use the 3 months of UT&T&D, 8GB/mo LTE Mint Mobile service.
    He's on the Military family plan on T-Mobile.

So he has enough service.

If he goes for this offer he could probably sell the Mint Mobile SIM/service.

He did ask me what I thought about the Moto G6.

He's not exactly like me when it comes to cell phones.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The site indicates the included airtime has a $60 value.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    The site indicates the included airtime has a $60 value.
    Yes, at regular pricing. See: https://www.mintmobile.com/product/0...sim-card-plan/

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    He's not exactly like me when it comes to cell phones.
    Is anyone?

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I'm really surprised they are still doing any updates.
    I'm on the factory unlocked XT1768 and given how far behind this last one was, I think the updates are winding down for this phone. This could very well be the last one; we'll be lucky to get one more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Is anyone?
    My cell phone Mentor is The Sweeper so I've learned from the BEST.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Does anybody still have the original factory installed version of Google Keyboard on their E4?

If you haven't updated the original installed version of Google Keyboard, could you tell me what version came installed on the E4?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Does anybody still have the original factory installed version of Google Keyboard on their E4?

If you haven't updated the original installed version of Google Keyboard, could you tell me what version came installed on the E4?

Thanks!
    5.1.18.125495799-preload-armeabi-v7a Shows on my new one. Info in FX Explore says it's from 2008.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    5.1.18.125495799-preload-armeabi-v7a Shows on my new one. Info in FX Explore says it's from 2008.
    Okay. Thanks!

GBoard, fka Google Keyboard, was one thing I DID update right away, only to find out that after 6.0.x, if you hadn't already logged into Sync BEFORE you updated, which apparently I didn't, Sync is no longer an option.

So, I was wondering if it was worth uninstalling the update, which it would only do any good if the preinstalled version was earlier than 6.0.x.

I guess I'll give it a try.

I have no idea why Google is doing that with GBoard Sync with versions after 6.0.x.

Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    Okay. Thanks!

GBoard, fka Google Keyboard, was one thing I DID update right away, only to find out that after 6.0.x, if you hadn't already logged into Sync BEFORE you updated, which apparently I didn't, Sync is no longer an option.
    Very welcome. You're always more then helpful with my questions.
    I don't understand 90% of the stuff loaded on these phones. Is that the app for the keyboard that you use for typing into other apps (text, chrome, etc.)? There are different language ones right ? I guess I could delete those but they don't eat up storage anyway. Just for my ongoing knowledge sponge; what is the Sync option ?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Very welcome. You're always more then helpful with my questions.
    I don't understand 90% of the stuff loaded on these phones. Is that the app for the keyboard that you use for typing into other apps (text, chrome, etc.)? There are different language ones right ? I guess I could delete those but they don't eat up storage anyway. Just for my ongoing knowledge sponge; what is the Sync option ?
    Yes, that's correct. I haven't tried anything with the different languages. Sync is if you have special words that you use that Gboard leans, it is supposed to be synced to any other device that you have logged into the same Google account. I don't know if there's something wrong on Google's end with the newer Gboard versions,, or if Google is trying to discontinue GBoard Sync in some backhanded way.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tried anything with the different languages.
    I have English and Vietnamese keyboards on my phone. There's a key near the lower-left corner to toggle between EN(glish) and VI(etnamese). The Vietnamese language uses the French alphabet but also has many accent marks over letters that can totally change the meaning of a word. I've been in the US since 1975 and mostly use English, but some of my relatives still prefer to use Vietnamese. Sometimes I have to use the Vietnamese keyboard when texting with them.

Name:  Text-in-Vietnamese.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  36.2 KB

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Just don't use Google's buggy keyboard app. Lots of better options.

Half of the apps I use on a regular basis are replacements for the stock/included apps.

Keyboard, browser, texting, camera, etc.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the feedback.

Swype was my favorite keyboard starting back when I had my Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Windows Mobile phone. Then Nuance purchased Swype for $100 million, and then Swype was discontinued in 2018.

But I started having doubts about Swype's future a few years ago when development started only being done in spurts, and only minimally, and fixes were almost non-existent, and with my frustration as Nuance started showing more influence in Swype, especially with Dragon being integrated into it.

Anyway, I did try a few other keyboards, including SwiftKey, and for my uses, I found Google Keyboard/Gboard was better.

Regarding my issue from yesterday with Gboard sync, I did revert to the preinstalled Google Keyboard version on my Moto E4 and was then able to sign in and sync. I decided to only update it to 6.3.28.159021150, which is the same version currently on my LG Phoenix 2 and LG G Pad F 8.0 V495. I did have the Gboard version released 5/9/19, and it did work just fine on my Moto E4, but since I hadn't done the login and sync BEFORE I updated it, that sync feature wasn't available. I just decided I don't need the new features beyond 6.3.28.159021150 at this time, so I didn't re-install that 5/9/19 Gboard version.

I probably made it a bigger issue than it should have been, especially since this morning I see that Gboard was just updated again yesterday, 5/20/19, and now includes a new feature, "Import / export personal dictionary words". So, apparently, for some reason that seems like a poor decision to me, Google is purposely discontinuing Gboard sync on newer version, but as of 5/20/19, has now added the ability to import/export.

Just like always, I'll eventually have to adjust, because newer devices that come with a Gboard version newer than 6.0.x preinstalled won't have the ability to install that older version to get Sync back unless it is rooted.

Oh, well. Thanks again, everyone!

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92