Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1140

Thread: Moto E4

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    My USC Moto E4 received the November 1, 2018 Android Security Patch Level.

Device(s)
    Moto G5+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/ATT
    Feedback Score
    My Motorola Moto E4 Verizon PP XT1767 also updated today... NDQS26.69-64-11-2
    Last edited by C8H10N4O2; 11-29-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Another Typo

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    My USC Moto E4 received the November 1, 2018 Android Security Patch Level.
    Quote Originally Posted by C8H10N4O2 View Post
    My Motorola Moto E4 Verizon PP XT1767 also updated today... NDQ26.69-64-11-2
    I guess I should have included: Build Number NPQS26.69-64-12

Feedback Score
    I had to completely reset my phone after an extremely strange software glitch (presumably) made my phone semi-factory reset itself during routine usage. I had just gotten an Uber and when I went to use my phone again to use the Roku app but noticed that my wallpaper, and apps were reset. My normal apps were NOT uninstalled they were just removed from my home screens, all of my media was intact, but I was logged out of Google services and the home, and recent apps buttons didn't work in ANY capacity. Not even using the swipe gestures and I couldn't pull the notification shade down fully.
    Anyone else experience anything similar? Works fine after a factory reset but something like this happening out of the blue would be terrible for me if it happened during a more inconvenient time (vacation namely)

Feedback Score
    Excuse my ignorance. There are several different model numbers of the E4. And they all claim to be unlocked.
    Specifically I think I'm looking for the model that is universal unlocked to use on any US network/carrier right out of the box with no hassle and the ability to change prepaid carriers/network types when ever I want. Pop in anyone's SIM and be off and running. I see one with a model number of XT1768 which appears to be the universal one?
    Then there's the XT1767 which says unlocked Verizon. Does that mean you couldn't move to a GSM network/carrier?
    Then there's other model numbers too. Is there a model number list with the differences?

Does the E4 have the Verizon VoLTE compatibility ? Or must it be a Verizon unlocked vs universal?
    Does the E4 support OTG ?

Seems like the E4 might fit my needs but which one is my confusion.

As a side, does Motorola make any that meet the above (unlocked, VoLTE, OTG) but have a smaller display....like maybe 4.5"?

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Then there's the XT1767 which says unlocked Verizon. Does that mean you couldn't move to a GSM network/carrier?
    Then there's other model numbers too. Is there a model number list with the differences?

Does the E4 have the Verizon VoLTE compatibility ? Or must it be a Verizon unlocked vs universal?
    Does the E4 support OTG ?

Seems like the E4 might fit my needs but which one is my confusion.

As a side, does Motorola make any that meet the above (unlocked, VoLTE, OTG) but have a smaller display....like maybe 4.5"?

Thanks
    The XT1767 can be uses on other carriers once unlocked. I unlocked it officially over a year ago on Verizon Prepaid. I used it on an ATT MVNO. I don't know whether the VoLTE would have worked on the ATT network since most ATT MVNOs can't offer VoLTE. I've read reports that the Verizon model doesn't support VoLTE on T-Mobile. Also, it complains when a non Verizon SIM is in the phone.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    There are several different model numbers of the E4. And they all claim to be unlocked.
    The Verizon Prepaid XT1767 can be SIM port unlocked to allow non-Verizon activated SIMs to be swapped in.
    It is reported that 3rd party unlock codes may no longer work, maybe depending on the date of manufacture.
    You can't activate these on the Verizon network, except with direct Verizon Prepaid service.
    Not sure if a SIM swapped XT1767 can get VoLTE on Verizon. Most reports have been with using GSM SIMs.

A fully carrier unlocked E4 is a different story. It can be directly activated on any carrier.
    I assume it can use VoLTE on Verizon, as the Verizon version does. Someone will have to chime in to verify this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The Verizon Prepaid XT1767 can be SIM port unlocked to allow non-Verizon activated SIMs to be swapped in.
    It is reported that 3rd party unlock codes may no longer work, maybe depending on the date of manufacture.
    You can't activate these on the Verizon network, except with direct Verizon Prepaid service.
    Not sure if a SIM swapped XT1767 can get VoLTE on Verizon. Most reports have been with using GSM SIMs.

A fully carrier unlocked E4 is a different story. It can be directly activated on any carrier.
    I assume it can use VoLTE on Verizon, as the Verizon version does. Someone will have to chime in to verify this.
    As has been said, XT1768 is the factory unlocked model for all four carriers; the XT1767 is the Verizon model. It used to be possible to unlock the XT1767 cheaply through eBay and use it with GSM or a swapped in Verizon MVNO SIM, but that is no longer the case; and I don't believe this model can be activated on an MVNO without first being used directly on Verizon for some months to free the IMEI (subsidy lock).

I have both models, and can confirm that Verizon VoLTE (shown as "HD") works on both (the XT1767 using a swapped Xfinity/Verizon SIM).

Note that the "HD" indicator does not appear when using my Google Voice number instead of the carrier number to call out; not sure whether this indicates that VoLTE is not being used, or just that GV is somehow interfering with the end-to-end HD handshake.

I've used the XT1768 on all four carriers without issues.

It is shown as having OTG by the OTG? app, although I don't know that I've used that feature.

I'd recommend the XT1768 unlocked model which can be activated and used on all four carriers, even though it may cost a little more. Walmart has been clearing stock for $64 in many stores; check Brickseek https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=333487562 for availability in your area.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sasailor View Post
    Note that the "HD" indicator does not appear when using my Google Voice number instead of the carrier number to call out; not sure whether this indicates that VoLTE is not being used, or just that GV is somehow interfering with the end-to-end HD handshake.
    That doesn't surprise me.

Pretty sure to spoof CID you call a Google owned number which doesn't support HD voice. I don't know of interoperability with any VoIP service and certainly not landlines (POTS).

It would still be using VoLTE. Turn off wifi, call and use data during call.

Or use LTE discovery to see the voice network in use and that CDMA is off/not connected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sasailor View Post
    It is shown as having OTG by the OTG? app, although I don't know that I've used that feature.
    Thanks for the inputs. Sounds like the xt1768 is the ticket. Did the OTG app come installed on the xt1768?
    I have a MOTO G 3G first gen. Bought it since it supports OTG (On The Go). Just had to install the ES File Explorer app (which may be like what you called the OTG app??) Basically allows you to plug in a mini USB unpowered device like a flash drive. Thanks again.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Did the OTG app come installed on the xt1768?
    There are apps on Google Play, like USB OTG Checker, to check and see if a device supports OTG.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the inputs. Sounds like the xt1768 is the ticket. Did the OTG app come installed on the xt1768?
    No special app needed for OTG.

Just need converter tp plug in the device.
    Phone becomes a host.

Keyboard/mouse just works.
    Storage devices (flash drives, external hard drives) you access same as an SD card.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 12-07-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto G3 (Goodbye W376!)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Freedompop, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Best Buy has the Unreal Mobile Moto E4 on sale for $69.99. Does anybody know if it's locked to Unreal? Or Sprint? The ad doesn't list the XT product number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Best Buy has the Unreal Mobile Moto E4 on sale for $69.99. Does anybody know if it's locked to Unreal? Or Sprint? The ad doesn't list the XT product number.
    It may not be locked. Unreal Mobile offers service on both Sprint and AT&T. The Best Buy version is not sold with associated service. They only list the AT&T plans.

https://clark.com/technology/unreal-...n-att-network/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this. I think it's kinda like Verizons XT1765 prepaid model. Locked but unlockable or unlocked but still confined to a certain network if that makes any sense. It does show its CDMA/GSM kinda like loboheeler indicated. The model number BB shows is UMMOTOE4, I assume the UM is UnrealMobile. And the UPC code is unique to UM too.

Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast