Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mprindle View Post
    Hey Bat, I know it's only been a few weeks, but hows your coverage been swtiching from postpaid ATT to PT?
    It's been great! Couldn't have gone better. The number porting was completed in minutes. My first month is almost over and I've had no change in coverage or call quality.

The one thing I was wondering about is how to turn off voicemail? I went into options and set outgoing notification to off but it doesn't have any effect. Still getting notifications on an iphone.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So Im able to send and receive MMS on Android via WiFi now. I use to get “Failed” messages before when on WiFi so I’d always have to disconnect and retry to send or receive MMS via cellular data. It seems to work now without doing that.

Was something changed on PureTalk’s end that allows this to work? If so, great!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    Pure TalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    PureTalkUSA

Occasionally, other members have asked about the hotspot availability for their PureTalk account. I understand that support (functionality?) is available for iOS devices, but nothing has been recently mentioned for Android devices.

I have been using PureTalk since 2017 on a Google Nexus 5x, which was purchased new from Google Fi in 2016....and later ported to PureTalk in 2017. So I presume my device is unlocked. Additionally, my phone is not rooted (and I'd prefer not to root it)....and I'm on Android v8.

When I try to activate the hotspot feature on my phone (on Android v8) I receive the message "To enable, go to att.com/mywiress or dial 611".

On another forum, some members have noted success with requesting a new PureTalk sim...which I presume has the new permissions to allow for the hotspot feature?

Could you give us any updates or additional information when the feature might be available....or any suggestions or procedures we need to

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by frowertr View Post
    So Im able to send and receive MMS on Android via WiFi now. I use to get “Failed” messages before when on WiFi so I’d always have to disconnect and retry to send or receive MMS via cellular data. It seems to work now without doing that.

Was something changed on PureTalk’s end that allows this to work? If so, great!
    Is this an indication WiFi calling and VoLTE both work?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kegger99 View Post
    PureTalkUSA

Occasionally, other members have asked about the hotspot availability for their PureTalk account. I understand that support (functionality?) is available for iOS devices, but nothing has been recently mentioned for Android devices.

I have been using PureTalk since 2017 on a Google Nexus 5x, which was purchased new from Google Fi in 2016....and later ported to PureTalk in 2017. So I presume my device is unlocked. Additionally, my phone is not rooted (and I'd prefer not to root it)....and I'm on Android v8.

When I try to activate the hotspot feature on my phone (on Android v8) I receive the message "To enable, go to att.com/mywiress or dial 611".

On another forum, some members have noted success with requesting a new PureTalk sim...which I presume has the new permissions to allow for the hotspot feature?

Could you give us any updates or additional information when the feature might be available....or any suggestions or procedures we need to

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I am looking to move to PureTalk from Net10 specifically because of the hotspot functionality. I don't use it often, but man is it inconvenient not to have it when I need it.

Does it work on Pixel 3 / Moto G series? I assume that it should...their webpagw has no caveats. But this comment gives me pause.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I wonder why no PureTalkUSA reps are responding?

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I wonder why no PureTalkUSA reps are responding?
    Boz1 we sometimes respond via DM as we did with Kegger99. His issue was resolved and addressed quickly.

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpetty423 View Post
    I am looking to move to PureTalk from Net10 specifically because of the hotspot functionality. I don't use it often, but man is it inconvenient not to have it when I need it.

Does it work on Pixel 3 / Moto G series? I assume that it should...their webpagw has no caveats. But this comment gives me pause.
    We cannot say with 100% percent certainty it will work. Often times it depends on the firmware. We do offer 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.

Also, we offer a trial SIM kit that can be purchased on Amazon that allows potential customers to test us out.

https://www.amazon.com/PureTalk-Tria...gateway&sr=8-1

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by PureTalkUSA View Post
    We cannot say with 100% percent certainty it will work. Often times it depends on the firmware. We do offer 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.

Also, we offer a trial SIM kit that can be purchased on Amazon that allows potential customers to test us out.

https://www.amazon.com/PureTalk-Tria...gateway&sr=8-1
    Question tho for you guys. Are you providing VoLTE and WiFi calling now? Someone mentioned they were able to send something on WiFi through android. Just was checking about it

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    Pure TalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quick message to all.

First, thanks to the PureTalk USA moderators. As they mentioned (post #232), they communicated to me via PM....and I replied to them....and within an VERY short amount of time (can't recall for certain, but I think it was less than 30 minutes), they called me!

I want to thank the PureTalk USA moderator for getting back with me so quickly (I was initially slow to reply...my fault) but they did a GREAT job in addressing AND resolving my hotspot question. Something they did on their end....nothing I had to change on my phone (other than a simple restart for me). Also, the support person I spoke with was VERY courteous and had me follow back to them to be sure the feature was functioning correctly. Thanks so very much!

As for if hotspot will work for others...
    I have an older Nexus 5x....originally purchased through Google Fi (running on Android v8 Oreo)....and it works perfectly on PureTalk USA network. The hotspot feature worked with Google Fi, so I presume the ability for it to work was already there....and the support at PureTalk USA did their magic on my account and got it working for me.

Thanks again to all....and best wishes!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    Pure TalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hi Mpety423

If you purchased your Pixel 3 / Moto G series through Google Fi, I'd probably say it would have no problem (once the PureTalk USA technical support sets your account....as they did for me).

If your phone is from another carrier (AT&T or Verizon branded phones), you might have to be sure they are fully unlocked from their original carrier. I'm not sure of your situation....but send a PM to the Puretalk USA moderator and I'm sure they will help answer your question.

Their idea of a trial sim kit sounds like an inexpensive alternative, although they might need to verify that the hotspot feature for you.

What I can say is that their tech support personnel are very courteous and resolved my question 100%.

Best wishes!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    Pure TalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    hi Boz1

The PureTalk USA moderators sent me a PM....although (my fault) I was slow to respond as I wasn't expecting a PM since I was a new forum member. They resolved my question very quickly (as mentioned in their #232 post below).

They do (are) monitoring & listening.
    Best wishes!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Since Pure TalkUSA is reported to fully support iPhones, can someone please explain why Pure TalkUSA isn't listed at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204039? Thanks!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16