Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snova View Post
    PureTalkUSA representative,

I recently switch from iPhones 6s to Xr. MMS has stopped working. Calling into the tech support the head lead on duty informed me that MMS is not supported on the X, Xr, or Xs. However, it is on the older models. Could you double check this for us? If this is the case, then unfortunately I need to switch carriers if that is the case. I've been happy with Puretalk for about a year now, but this is a non starter for me.
    SNOVA - Unfortunately, in your situation tech support is correct. Our carrier bundle is not currently working on Xs, Xs Max, and Xr models. It does work on X models.

Its an issue we are actively trying to resolve, that involves multiple parties. At this time we do not have a resolution ETA. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Feedback Score

Question

I'm thinking of switching my 2 phones from AT&T postpaid to PureTalk.

I see there is a 10% multi-line discount. I noticed that if I apply a promo code at checkout the 10% discount is removed under the "Monthly Recurring Charges" section.

Is this a mistake or does this mean that if I use a promo code then I won't be eligible for the multi-line discount going forward after the first month?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BatMasterson View Post
    I'm thinking of switching my 2 phones from AT&T postpaid to PureTalk.

I see there is a 10% multi-line discount. I noticed that if I apply a promo code at checkout the 10% discount is removed under the "Monthly Recurring Charges" section.

Is this a mistake or does this mean that if I use a promo code then I won't be eligible for the multi-line discount going forward after the first month?
    Double check with their customer service as they are very responsive (even speak American English as they are in Atlanta). But I take this to mean that the discount is applied at checkout rather than a lessor charge being shown earlier in the process.

Feedback Score

Question

I'll wait and see what it shows for my 2nd month. If there's no multi-line discount applied I'll follow up.

I received my sim cards and will activate next week. I'll also be porting my numbers over.

I have a question about the account login on Puretalk. ---

After I'm activated and my numbers are ported, when I register/ login to the account on the site do I use one of my ported phone numbers? I assume I use that and not the original phone numbers on the sims, correct?

Feedback Score
    I would advise staying away from Pure Talk as they are not reliable.

I have the $20 500MB data plan with unlimited 2g however every month they either don’t switch me over to 2g after the high speed is finished, or they cap the low speed at 5GB of data. The 2 G data works perfectly for what I need it for, but to have it shut off does not work as I need access to data 24/7 even at low speeds. Am currently looking for another carrier that has reliable 2g data on the AT&T network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg32901 View Post
    I would advise staying away from Pure Talk as they are not reliable.

I have the $20 500MB data plan with unlimited 2g however every month they either don’t switch me over to 2g after the high speed is finished, or they cap the low speed at 5GB of data. The 2 G data works perfectly for what I need it for, but to have it shut off does not work as I need access to data 24/7 even at low speeds. Am currently looking for another carrier that has reliable 2g data on the AT&T network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exact OPPOSITE experience for us. We have three phones with them for over six months now. Easily the best MVNO out there is you have good ATT service. I recommend them to everyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frowertr View Post
    Exact OPPOSITE experience for us.
    For me as well. I went through several MVNOs before I found Pure Talk; they've been great for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frowertr View Post
    Exact OPPOSITE experience for us. We have three phones with them for over six months now. Easily the best MVNO out there is you have good ATT service. I recommend them to everyone.
    I only have one phone but during the few times I have had to contact them I have had excellent service every time. I have used them since 2013, gotten excellent service and my contacts with customer service and/or tech support have been mainly to learn how to set up something new.

Feedback Score
    I have searched all over the forums and I find what I think might be stale data. As you all know MVNOs change things often.

Living out in the rural west I want to know does Puretalk do voice and data roaming these days? Their website says "There are NEVER any roaming or long distance charges" which would be true even if they didn't do roaming. I can't seem to find a good answer. When calling their CS the lady was clueless about roaming (actually said, you mean roaming around the country like from here to Alaska?).

If Puretalk doesn't, does anyone know if Consumer Cellular does? I have friends here with CC and they have voice and text (not sure MMS) but no data so I am assuming CC does.

Thanks,
    Bearhawk

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bearhawk View Post
    I have searched all over the forums and I find what I think might be stale data. As you all know MVNOs change things often.

Living out in the rural west I want to know does Puretalk do voice and data roaming these days? Their website says "There are NEVER any roaming or long distance charges" which would be true even if they didn't do roaming. I can't seem to find a good answer. When calling their CS the lady was clueless about roaming (actually said, you mean roaming around the country like from here to Alaska?).

If Puretalk doesn't, does anyone know if Consumer Cellular does? I have friends here with CC and they have voice and text (not sure MMS) but no data so I am assuming CC does.

Thanks,
    Bearhawk
    There is no roaming on PureTalk. Consumer Cellular has limited voice and text only roaming in areas labeled as "3rd party" or "Partner" on their coverage map.

Consumer's map for their AT&T SIMs is at https://www.consumercellular.com/Cov...egacyMap=False
    The map for their T-Mobile SIMs is at https://www.consumercellular.com/Cov...LegacyMap=True
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    There is no roaming on PureTalk. Consumer Cellular has limited voice and text only roaming in areas labeled as "3rd party" or "Partner" on their coverage map.
    I happen to live in one of those areas labeled "3rd party" so that is why I was curious as I like Puretalk's plans/pricing a little better. Thanks for your help.

bearhawk

Feedback Score
    Hi Pure Talk,

I am a current ATT customer and I am considering switching two lines. One question that I was unable to find on your website: Do you support tethering? I use around 3Gb / mth and the 2nd line uses approx 2gb/mth.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mprindle View Post
    Hi Pure Talk,

I am a current ATT customer and I am considering switching two lines. One question that I was unable to find on your website: Do you support tethering? I use around 3Gb / mth and the 2nd line uses approx 2gb/mth.

Thanks!
    I can enable the hotspot on my S8. It only allows one device to connect to it however. My wife has an iPhone and the mobile hotspot is disabled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane B. View Post
    I only have one phone but during the few times I have had to contact them I have had excellent service every time. I have used them since 2013, gotten excellent service and my contacts with customer service and/or tech support have been mainly to learn how to set up something new.
    same with me, i have had only great service with Pure Talk. I have switched phones a few times and each time the talk and text when switching sims went perfect but data wouldn't work but just one call to Pure Talk solved the problem and i was up and running in less than five minutes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BatMasterson View Post
    I'll wait and see what it shows for my 2nd month. If there's no multi-line discount applied I'll follow up.

I received my sim cards and will activate next week. I'll also be porting my numbers over.

I have a question about the account login on Puretalk. ---

After I'm activated and my numbers are ported, when I register/ login to the account on the site do I use one of my ported phone numbers? I assume I use that and not the original phone numbers on the sims, correct?
    Hey Bat, I know it's only been a few weeks, but hows your coverage been swtiching from postpaid ATT to PT?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast