Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Thread: LG V30; Officially the first 600Mhz phone

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobilenatl View Post
    Got my V30 today. Beautiful phone. My favorite LG so far. Sadly no band 71 here.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    How does it look in silver? Sounds like that is the only TMobile offers? I like silver so seems like a good choice

Feedback Score
    And does it seem fragile? Like you might easily drop and shatter it (the case for Galaxy 6 and later phones, non-Active, for me)

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Edge, LG V10, Iphone 6S plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    I'm good with the silver. It actually looks very good.
    As far as being fragile it is very thin and slippery. I will definitely have to find a case. The v20 was much heavier and bulkier. The V30 is similar to my S8+ without the case on it. I really don't think it's any more fragile than it. Having had the V10 and V20 this really doesn't feel like it should be a V series phone. I guess because it is missing the second screen.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    It does look like a sweet phone. Just a matter of time before I get it.

A friend has the K10 and K20 phones and for cheaper phones they seem decent so LG quality seems pretty good to me. He's had less issues on those cheaper phones than i have with my motos that were much more expensive

I think LG did a good job with the v30 from what it looks like

Feedback Score
    I saw a shattered V30 this morning.

I always wondered why a glass back on any phone makes sense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I saw a shattered V30 this morning.

I always wondered why a glass back on any phone makes sense.
    Looks and wireless charging. Can't have wireless charging on a metal back, and a plastic back now gives everyone a "cheaper" feeling. Though there are ways to charge wirelessly with a metal back, they involve leaving either a small window of glass or plastic for the wireless charging. You've seen this on a few devices with part metal part glass/plastic backs but it never looks that great. So back to looks lol that shiny glass back in various colors sure is eye appealing.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Edge, LG V10, Iphone 6S plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Speedtest from the V30.

On a side note, this is the first LG I have owned that gives you the ability to lock to any particular LTE band you want.

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been using a T-Mobile LG V30 since last Wednesday, my first Android device in ages, because I wasn't impressed with the Apple rollout.

I underestimated the difficulty of having a single carry device not on the Apple ecosystem, but I'm trying to find ways to deal with it.

I haven't found myself on Band 71 anywhere, yet, despite the fact that it has been turned on for a while.

If you wonder whether the benchmark advantage of the iPhone makes a real world difference, the answer is yes.

Nevertheless, I'm going to hang onto this for a while. I really don't like the idea that Apple pretends the Intel modems are the same as the Qualcomm modems (they're not). I don't like not having gigabit LTE and not having Band 71, and that's why I'm trying the V30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
    I've been using a T-Mobile LG V30 since last Wednesday, my first Android device in ages, because I wasn't impressed with the Apple rollout.

I underestimated the difficulty of having a single carry device not on the Apple ecosystem, but I'm trying to find ways to deal with it.

I haven't found myself on Band 71 anywhere, yet, despite the fact that it has been turned on for a while.

If you wonder whether the benchmark advantage of the iPhone makes a real world difference, the answer is yes.

Nevertheless, I'm going to hang onto this for a while. I really don't like the idea that Apple pretends the Intel modems are the same as the Qualcomm modems (they're not). I don't like not having gigabit LTE and not having Band 71, and that's why I'm trying the V30.
    Any impressions ?

Particularly about auto-mode low-light photos.
    Last edited by NotABiot; 10-16-2017 at 11:33 AM. Reason: pictures

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28