Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: LG V30; Officially the first 600Mhz phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Everything the company has said hasn't contradicted my beliefs.

Here's what you said a few weeks ago:

"Irma hit here Sunday, the eye passed over around 430pm, TMobile instantly lost service, all of Monday, no service. Tuesday evening started picking up a weak band 2 signal, calling was almost impossible, texts were very sporadic. By Thursday we finally had a stable usable signal."

"Verizon seemed to have perfomed the best around here right after the storm, by Sunday night Verizon users were able to call, text, had usable data, to the point that on Tuesday one local popular radio host made a plea for any Verizon rep to contact him so he could switch immediately. He didn't say he had TMobile by name, he said he had the service that gave away free pizza and slushies."

"I personally haven't decided if I will keep TMobile or go back to Verizon. Reliability in times of need matters."

It doesn't seem like you believed that T-Mobile was that committed when you made those statements.
    Sure they have,

Here
    https://youtu.be/V3JSv644PJk

Here
    http://bgr.com/2017/08/09/best-cell-...le-vs-verizon/
    In a*new filing*with the FCC spotted by*Fierce Wireless, T-Mobile outlined its plan to accelerate the rollout of 600MHz. The top-level figure is extraordinary: by the end of the year, T-Mobile’s planning to have over one million sqaure miles covered with 600MHz by the end of the year.

Here
    https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...ionwide-5g.htm

Shall I go on? Tell me if you need more sources of the company contradicting you. If it bothers you that they have done this maybe find a new provider or, take it up with them. A great place to reach them is [email protected]. fast response time and they are generally upfront with you.

Tell me what my statement about how it performed after the hurricane has anything to do with future coverage expansion? Lol just throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks huh? Lmao. I also posted in the cricket thread how the Helio p20 processor is better than the SD 617, should quote that one next, its about as relevant to the topic as the one you just quoted you never did list those cities you go to though.
    Last edited by ksych1; 10-09-2017 at 02:18 AM.

Feedback Score
    Yes, you always leave the populated areas in your stats. I know exactly what you do. And you don't have anything that adds up to 150 million. You just throw these numbers off the top of your head.
    As for the first, I know that fixed population matters. But you keep insisting that fixed population... you know, the shut-ins, hodophobes, and prison inmates, is the ONLY thing that matters. Even if the fixed population is typically a tiny fraction the people who are present in any given area. I always include the fixed population in my totals, even though it is a tiny part of the total of those present in a given area in a year.

As for "throwing numbers off the top of my head", I will always give sources. You know that; anyone reading these comments does. Wyoming, Traverse City, Adirondacks, Chicago, Petoskey, South Dakota: I've sourced it all. The 150 million plus is the sum of areas for which I have given specific totals. I'm probably lowballing it.

"Some little one horse town uses a lot less service than does Dallas, TX."

There we go with the "one horse town" claims, so often given by you to towns where hundreds of thousands or millions need coverage. While I count who needs cell coverage, you are counting horses. Like when you apparently did when dismissing upstate New York compared to Chicago... but when I checked actual sources, the numbers were in the tens of millions and were pretty close to each other.

The point? It all needs coverage, and it makes sense that T-Mobile is moving to cover where people go AND stay... and use their phones. And this expansion harms no one other than competitors, and is good for all. After all, who wants to constantly pour over coverage maps and get accounts with multiple carriers just because they want to go to a place a couple of counties over?

T-Mobile: I like what they are doing, and so do customers old and new.

Feedback Score
    This is a complete fabrication on your part and quite false to say I never leave my "area". You're just continuing with your routine of consistenly making false statements.

I'm not trying hard to get anyone to believe anything. I really don't care what you believe. What you believe has zero impact on me.
    You act like a fired TMobile employee that hates to see them do well and improve
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    Here
    http://bgr.com/2017/08/09/best-cell-...le-vs-verizon/
    In a*new filing*with the FCC spotted by*Fierce Wireless, T-Mobile outlined its plan to accelerate the rollout of 600MHz. The top-level figure is extraordinary: by the end of the year, T-Mobile’s planning to have over one million sqaure miles covered with 600MHz by the end of the year.
    Yeah that was in August. Near the end of last month that fantasy number of one million square miles of coverage was brushed aside. Here's their projection for 2017 now:

T-Mobile’s 600MHz LTE is already live in Cheyenne, Wyo., and Scarborough, Maine, and T-Mo has previously said other parts of the country where it plans to deploy 600MHz LTE in 2017. Those areas are:

Wyoming
    Northeast and Southwest Oregon
    West Texas
    Southwest Kansas
    The Oklahoma panhandle
    Western North Dakota
    Additional areas of Maine
    Coastal North Carolina
    Central Pennsylvania
    Central Virginia
    Eastern Washington

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/09/t-mob...ap-600mhz-lte/

And that's just their projection. That's not done yet, and who knows if it will be done by the end of the year. So the fact that you're still throwing out that million square miles figure shows that you're not even up to date with their latest B.S.

Here's some more current info from their 600 rollout:

"Comparing the maps, it looks like northern Wisconsin and Michigan; the Dakotas; and rural Missouri and Kansas will initially get the Band 71-only treatment. "

https://www.pcmag.com/news/356449/t-...u-need-to-know

That's right. Tissue thin coverage just like GSMinCT stated.

I haven't commented much on 5G, but if you want to take the discussion there, let's note what they said in their press release:

"“There’s no such thing as ‘5G spectrum,’ and in the next decade we’ll see everything moving to 5G,” said Neville Ray, T-Mobile CTO. "

Key words: "next decade"

This press release is just a grand promise with no substance. Especially since Legere or Neville might not be around after the Sprint & T-Mobile merger.

As I said yesterday, this release is just to keep the stock price up. If you had been keeping up, you will have noticed Wall Street has been highly skeptical of T-Mobile being able to roll out 5G. Here's a recent article describing T-Mobile's weakness in relation to 5G:

How Verizon and AT&T Will Crush T-Mobile

http://www.investopedia.com/news/how...crush-tmobile/

"T-Mobile will probably be at a disadvantage when trying to compete with Verizon and AT&T in the future."

"T-Mobile already has low cash holdings, at only $180 million, and debt totals that equal three-fifths of its market cap, at roughly $31 billion. T-Mobile does not currently have the resources, leaving in a vulnerable position in which it will need to be acquired by a large company like Comcast Corp."

"Verizon and AT&T both have significant amounts of debt as well, but they also have market caps that are three and four times larger than that of T-Mobile, respectively. With a market cap of nearly $190 billion, Verizon, and AT&T (market cap: $225 billion) could use their equity as currency in future acquisition plays to go after big content providers. T-Mobile's $60 billion market cap doesn't give it nearly the same amount of currency to offer."

"The higher speed that 5G will offer consumers is likely to expand what users are currently using their wireless devices for, and that fuels even more content consumption.

Companies like AT&T will benefit the most in this shift, being a vertically integrated media company. Verizon can jump in at a moment's notice to take on AT&T. But T-Mobile is simply too small and won't be able to win until 5-G becomes commoditized, which could be nearly a decade away."

So when T-Mobile is getting hammered like this by Wall Street analysts, of course Legere is going to come out with some grandiose press release and YouTube video. (Just like I said yesterday.) They are trying to finalize their Sprint deal and they need their stock price to be up. So he's hoping there are enough gullible people out there who won't do their research and who will hear what he says as fact and bid up their stock.

So that's all that is. But as I also said, I don't care one bit if you, yourself, believe everything that he says 100%. Go buy some T-Mobile stock---as much as you want.

But don't try to convince me to buy the hype, because I know the underlying facts that are there.

Tell me what my statement about how it performed after the hurricane has anything to do with future coverage expansion?
    It shows a lack of commitment to your area. You said, "I personally think it's a great thing TMobile is committed to providing true Nationwide coverage across the country. " Here's another example of the great commitment for Southwest Florida:

Attachment 154052

11 days and T-Mobile was still boarded up and closed! Great example of their commitment! I can see why you defend them so strongly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    But you keep insisting that fixed population... you know, the shut-ins, hodophobes, and prison inmates, is the ONLY thing that matters.
    No I never insisted anything about "fixed population" nor "shut-ins, hodophobes, and prison inmates". You still haven't found a single post of mine where I insisted anything about those classes of users. Because I never did. It's just a flat out lie that you would attribute such a statement to me. Trying using the quote button to quote something that I actually said. But you sure as heck don't speak for me nor do you have license to make up statements and attribute them to me.

The 150 million plus is the sum of areas for which I have given specific totals. I'm probably lowballing it.
    No, you're just making it up is what you're doing.

There we go with the "one horse town" claims, so often given by you to towns where hundreds of thousands or millions need coverage.
    Whatever number it is, it's far less than the tens of millions that need coverage in the major markets. The number that need coverage in the major markets will ALWAYS dwarf the tiny little one horse towns.

After all, who wants to constantly pour over coverage maps and get accounts with multiple carriers just because they want to go to a place a couple of counties over?
    I never pour over coverage maps. Wherever I go, T-Mobile works for me. If you don't have the same experience, then take your service to another carrier. Stop complaining about the lack of service in the next county. Instead you're constantly crying about some backwoods that T-Mobile doesn't cover. What few souls that go to that backwoods have ALREADY figured out what carrier does provide coverage there and they're already using that provider.

Feedback Score
    With 150 million being "few souls", let us let Jet1000 get the last word, and go back to discussing DEVICES.

Feedback Score
    shows that you're not even up to date with their latest B.S.

So he's hoping there are enough gullible people out there

It shows a lack of commitment to your area. .

Hahahaha back to claiming they are lying!!! So predictable lmao. When all else fails claim the source is lying, that way you can claim whatever you want right? Hahahaha sometimes people are to easy. It took less than a day for you to follow your similar path.

Yes they are committed here just fine 12 stores in the area and we were one of the first locations as you can see that they upgraded band 2 http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017...pdate.html?m=1
    Look at that, we're up there with dem big city folk like Atlanta, Tampa, New York..

Did they do your area yet? Hahaha
    Last edited by ksych1; 10-09-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Feedback Score
    Yeah that was in August. Near the end of last month that fantasy number of one million square miles of coverage was brushed aside. Here's their projection for 2017 now:

T-Mobile’s 600MHz LTE is already live in Cheyenne, Wyo., and Scarborough, Maine, and T-Mo has previously said other parts of the country where it plans to deploy 600MHz LTE in 2017. Those areas are:

Wyoming
    Northeast and Southwest Oregon
    West Texas
    Southwest Kansas
    The Oklahoma panhandle
    Western North Dakota
    Additional areas of Maine
    Coastal North Carolina
    Central Pennsylvania
    Central Virginia
    Eastern Washington

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/09/t-mob...ap-600mhz-lte/

And that's just their projection. That's not done yet, and who knows if it will be done by the end of the year. So the fact that you're still throwing out that million square miles figure shows that you're not even up to date with their latest B.S.

Here's some more current info from their 600 rollout:

"Comparing the maps, it looks like northern Wisconsin and Michigan; the Dakotas; and rural Missouri and Kansas will initially get the Band 71-only treatment. "

https://www.pcmag.com/news/356449/t-...u-need-to-know

That's right. Tissue thin coverage just like GSMinCT stated.

I haven't commented much on 5G, but if you want to take the discussion there, let's note what they said in their press release:

"“There’s no such thing as ‘5G spectrum,’ and in the next decade we’ll see everything moving to 5G,” said Neville Ray, T-Mobile CTO. "

Key words: "next decade"

This press release is just a grand promise with no substance. Especially since Legere or Neville might not be around after the Sprint & T-Mobile merger.

As I said yesterday, this release is just to keep the stock price up. If you had been keeping up, you will have noticed Wall Street has been highly skeptical of T-Mobile being able to roll out 5G. Here's a recent article describing T-Mobile's weakness in relation to 5G:

How Verizon and AT&T Will Crush T-Mobile

http://www.investopedia.com/news/how...crush-tmobile/

"T-Mobile will probably be at a disadvantage when trying to compete with Verizon and AT&T in the future."

"T-Mobile already has low cash holdings, at only $180 million, and debt totals that equal three-fifths of its market cap, at roughly $31 billion. T-Mobile does not currently have the resources, leaving in a vulnerable position in which it will need to be acquired by a large company like Comcast Corp."

"Verizon and AT&T both have significant amounts of debt as well, but they also have market caps that are three and four times larger than that of T-Mobile, respectively. With a market cap of nearly $190 billion, Verizon, and AT&T (market cap: $225 billion) could use their equity as currency in future acquisition plays to go after big content providers. T-Mobile's $60 billion market cap doesn't give it nearly the same amount of currency to offer."

"The higher speed that 5G will offer consumers is likely to expand what users are currently using their wireless devices for, and that fuels even more content consumption.

Companies like AT&T will benefit the most in this shift, being a vertically integrated media company. Verizon can jump in at a moment's notice to take on AT&T. But T-Mobile is simply too small and won't be able to win until 5-G becomes commoditized, which could be nearly a decade away."

So when T-Mobile is getting hammered like this by Wall Street analysts, of course Legere is going to come out with some grandiose press release and YouTube video. (Just like I said yesterday.) They are trying to finalize their Sprint deal and they need their stock price to be up. So he's hoping there are enough gullible people out there who won't do their research and who will hear what he says as fact and bid up their stock.

So that's all that is. But as I also said, I don't care one bit if you, yourself, believe everything that he says 100%. Go buy some T-Mobile stock---as much as you want.

But don't try to convince me to buy the hype, because I know the underlying facts that are there.

It shows a lack of commitment to your area. You said, "I personally think it's a great thing TMobile is committed to providing true Nationwide coverage across the country. " Here's another example of the great commitment for Southwest Florida:

Attachment 154052

11 days and T-Mobile was still boarded up and closed! Great example of their commitment! I can see why you defend them so strongly.
    Clearly you have a bitterness going on with T-Mobile. Plus you post wrong information quite a bit

Feedback Score
    Hahahaha back to claiming they are lying!!!
    Just another false statement on your part. I never said they're lying on this subject. And you can't quote where I did.

I did indeed present the analysis that said such things as:

"T-Mobile does not currently have the resources"

"Verizon and AT&T Will Crush T-Mobile"

"T-Mobile is simply too small and won't be able to win"

I noticed that once I presented the analysis, you didn't respond to that at all. When you can't logically defend your position you immediately make up false things and claim that I said them. You really have no response to the analysis as you know it is well thought out and researched. T-Mobile's position is getting hammered as to their ability to compete in the future. You didn't dispute it. They can promise all of the 5G they want on YouTube----that doesn't actually get it built. It takes money and that's money the analysts say they don't have.

Yes they are committed here just fine
    Right, here's another quote from you in your own words, describing T-Mobile's "commitment":

"TMobile kind of failed here during the storm. People needed communication. It was well known throughout the area by Monday that people on Verizon were getting service. That's just the way it went. I would of loved it if TMobile performed well, it would of meant I had phone service after the storm, the truth behind it though was it dis not. That's disappointing, as ive said before radio announcers were pleading with Verizon reps to get in contact with them to switch service. They didn't mention TMobile by name, as the stations were owned by Beasley broadcasting and likely didn't want to upset any type of corporate sponsorships Beasley may or may not have with TMobile, but they made it very clear what carrier they had. I don't think most people here overly care about brand loyalty, or care about who they like better, they just wanted a service to work to communicate with family and right after the storm Verizon excelled here in that area. Unfortunately TMobile did not. It likely made some people question their carrier choice. "

Of course, you're not questioning anything after all of that. You already stated, "I personally think it's a great thing TMobile is committed to providing true Nationwide coverage across the country. "

Well if you believe they are so committed, certainly you have emailed that DJ you mentioned and sent him the press release about them rolling out 5G. I'm sure that has convinced him to switch back over to T-Mobile from Verizon. Please post back confirming that he is returning to T-Mobile.

I also noticed you didn't say anything about the million square miles of 600 T-Mobile promised in August that disappeared the following month. What happened to that if T-Mobile is so committed "to providing true Nationwide coverage across the country". Again, silence from you on that point as well.

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm almost 100% certain that this whole conversation has gone off the rails from the actual topic, why don't you guys argue about whatever it is in another thread or group messaging thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Just another false statement on your part. I never said they're lying on this subject. And you can't quote where I did.

When you can't logically defend your position you immediately make up false things and claim that I said them.

Right, here's another quote from you in your own words, describing T-Mobile's "commitment":
    I just did quote 2 instances where you are implying they are lying. Should I repost them? Your word semantics may work on Facebook or Twitter but I've dealt with 200 people just like you. They make a statement implying one thing, then when exposed cry I never said that!!!!! You're lying about me. Stop playing the victim. It's your reputation as a credible poster here on the line, and from the looks of it that reputation is shrinking by the minute. Tell us more how they are lying and anyone who believes them is gullible lol

What does my quotes on hurricane performance have anything to do with future expansion? Again just trying to throw anything out there and hope it sticks. I've provided enough evidence that they are committed here just fine. Did they upgrade your area yet???? Hahahaha I guess not. Maybe it's you they don't really care about. Should email them about that. [email protected] is a good place to start. Remember ??? You were passing that email around before trying to tell people to email it.

Feedback Score
    I just did quote 2 instances where you are implying they are lying.
    I posted analysis that said they don't have the ability nor resources to roll out a 5G network. If you have information disputing the analysis, please post it.

Stop trying to have a semantics debate and start dealing with the topic at hand. Here are some of the things the analysis was quoted as saying:

Can you dispute any of it? And keep in mind, it's not me that's forming this opinion. This is coming from analysts who are paid to research what a company is capable of and what it isn't. And they are saying the above items. They are not just posting a link to what the company said and taking the company's word. (That's something you're doing.) They are determining if the company can actually do what they're saying they're going to do. And their findings look very grim for T-Mobile.

What does my quotes on hurricane performance have anything to do with future expansion?
    As I stated, your own example is a sign that they're not committed to providing quality coverage in your area. If they were, then they would have had similar performance to Verizon. Their store wouldn't have been closed 11 days. A DJ wouldn't have been begging on the air for someone to sell him Verizon service. So one one hand you're saying how lousy they were and on the other hand you're trying to say how committed they are. Maybe they should actually demonstrate some of this commitment before you start being a spokesperson for them.

Did they upgrade your area yet????
    The article you posted didn't talk about an upgrade of service. It clearly stated, "T-Mobile appears to be taking a different path to all-LTE world by keeping 2G but shutting down its UMTS 3G network piece by piece. "

Since you need this to be translated for you, they're saying they're shutting down old technology in your area. And that people with old phones need to "upgrade". But no upgrade of service is discussed in that article. As far as my service, I already use award winning T-Mobile LTE service in the cities that I am in. The service is consistently rated as the fastest service in the country. You won't find any complaints from me about my T-Mobile experience unlike the posts you made a few weeks ago.

Feedback Score
    I posted analysis. Here are some of the things the analysis was quoted as saying:

Can you dispute any of it? And keep in mind, it's not me that's forming this opinion. This is coming from analysts who are paid to research what a company is capable of and what it isn't.

Maybe they should actually demonstrate some of this commitment before you start being a spokesperson for them.

The article you posted didn't talk about an upgrade of service. .
    Sure I can dispute it. It's an opinion based article. Paid by whom? Tmobile clearly has a different opinion than they do. Would you like me to post opinion based articles that claim the opposite?

They've demonstrated that just fine here, a radio dj can talk about whatever he wants on his show, I, unlike you, don't feel the need to try to tell everyone what to believe do or think. I think people who put on big boy underwear are perfectly capable of making their own minds up. Seems logical don't it?

Sure it was an upgrade. See what it did by clearing 3g off of band 2 is it allows them now to broadcast a 20x20 channel of lte on band 2. So now we have 20x20 band 2 and 4 and 5x5 band 12. It's why they are shutting down 3g on band 2, maybe they decided where you are just isn't that important? BTW, What are they running in your area?

Feedback Score
    Sure I can dispute it.
    If you can dispute it, then do so. Present the analysis that does exactly that. So far, I haven't seen you dispute any of the points made in the analysis that said, "Verizon and AT&T Will Crush T-Mobile". You've presented nothing.

a radio dj can talk about whatever he wants on his show, I, unlike you, don't feel the need to try to tell everyone what to believe do or think.
    I didn't think you would send him the press release and I am right. Probably because you know after what he said, he won't be switching back to the "terrible TMobile experience down here". (your words)

So now we have 20x20 band 2 and 4 and 5x5 band 12.
    Another point to send to the DJ. Perhaps you can still change his mind yet!

Feedback Score
    If you can dispute it, then do so. Present the analysis that does exactly that. So far, I haven't seen you dispute any of the points made in the analysis that said, "Verizon and AT&T Will Crush T-Mobile". You've presented nothing.

I didn't think you would send him the press release and I am right. Probably because you know after what he said, he won't be switching back to the "terrible TMobile experience down here".
    So you do want other opinion based articles? Okay...if you insist....

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...ile-600mhz.htm

T-Mobile plans to continue deploying LTE on 600 MHz at a record-shattering pace, starting in rural America*
    “They said it wouldn’t be possible. They said it wouldn’t be quick. Clearly, they don’t know T-Mobile,” said Neville Ray

http://bgr.com/2017/08/16/t-mobile-c...yment-wyoming/

600MHz spectrum is going to be a big deal for T-Mobile as it should finally fix the network’s coverage problems

Seems the company itself and others disagree with you and your analysis. Sorry. But, they are all lying and anyone who believes them is gullible, isn't that what you implied? Lol

Why would I email him the press release? Again anyone who puts on big boy underwear can use whatever they like. I guess if you cherry pick my comment you can say I said that. But anyone who reads the full comments knows what I actually said.

Why would I complain to John at all about them now running 20x20 band 2 here? Not sure how it's a negative, I think it's great and shows they are committed to providing quality service down here. That along with acquiring band 12 from continuum here seems to show some investment. I'm sorry they just didn't think your area was important enough yet, maybe in the future they will. Maybe there just isn't enough profit in your area for them to worry about Email John and ask him.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast