Thread: Nokia Lumia 635 Apps Punkin' Out

Feedback Score

Nokia Lumia 635 Apps Punkin' Out

So all of a sudden some of my apps, like the Amex app, and the myATT app, occasionally even the browser, will just punk out and revert to the phone front page.

Sometimes I get a message: 'Out of memory line 1'. But I have everything except the pre-installed stuff on an SD card which has tons of space remaining on it.

Feedback Score
    Yeah... that's been an ongoing problem on my 640 as well. Mostly browser issues, but apps too. A reset will help for a while. That's the only solution I've found.

Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    I'm guessing you are using an older operating system 8.1 may be? Some of the apps may not have been updated for that OS. When I was still using my windows phone, I had problems with the AT&T app as well even on windows 10 mobile on my Lumia 640. A lot of apps have moved on, so my windows phone has became less useful to me. You can try to see if you can update it to windows 10.

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am currently back on my Lumia 640XL after over a year on android. My phone was stolen about 2 weeks ago and I have been using my Lumia 640XL since then. There were not a lot of apps left for 8.1 and I upgraded it to 10. It has been okay since then, but I miss my state farm app, my banks app, etc. T-Mobile messaged me and said that they are dropping support for their Windows app in late August. I feel like I did when I had my N8 and the symbian apps began to disappear one by one from the store. I really liked and continue to like Windows phone, but I know as soon as I get the money together I will get a new android to replace the one stolen. I will miss Cortana though, on Windows phone she is really useful. On android, not so much

Can the 635 be upgraded to windows 10 mobile ?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the input.

I assume it's W8.1, so I'll check into updating to W10.

If I do the reset to factory settings bit, will I lose anything ? I don't really have any custom settings I can think of, but what about other stuff ?

Also, last time I tried to use my Ally bank app, it said it needed to be updated first. OK, no problem. I initiated it, but it somehow assigned it to be downloaded by WiFi. I don't want to download a secure banking app by WiFi, but every time I try to download it by cell data (with the WiFi shut off), it keeps saying it's queued up to be downloaded by WiFi. Anyway around this Catch-22 ?

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R_V_R View Post
    Thanks for all the input.

I assume it's W8.1, so I'll check into updating to W10.

If I do the reset to factory settings bit, will I lose anything ? I don't really have any custom settings I can think of, but what about other stuff ?

Also, last time I tried to use my Ally bank app, it said it needed to be updated first. OK, no problem. I initiated it, but it somehow assigned it to be downloaded by WiFi. I don't want to download a secure banking app by WiFi, but every time I try to download it by cell data (with the WiFi shut off), it keeps saying it's queued up to be downloaded by WiFi. Anyway around this Catch-22 ?
    If you factory reset, you will lose anything you stored on the phone, including music, pictures, app settings, custom settings. If you like the phone's layout on the start screen and apps, etc. make a backup first.

Second, there is usually a setting in the store. Hit the hamburger button (three horizontal lines) in the upper left, then settings and there should be a setting to allow you to download apps when not on wifi (or is it turn off allowing only on wifi - you will see it).

Feedback Score
    Your 635 may be upgradable... some 635s had 1G of RAM, while others had 500MB. Microsoft has been allowing the update only on the 1G version of the 635. You can download "Windows Upgrade Advisor" from the store and it'll determine if your phone meets their guidelines. If you aren't eligible, a workaround would be joining the beta test group called Windows Insiders, and choosing the slow ring for updates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phroberts View Post
    Your 635 may be upgradable... some 635s had 1G of RAM, while others had 500MB. Microsoft has been allowing the update only on the 1G version of the 635. You can download "Windows Upgrade Advisor" from the store and it'll determine if your phone meets their guidelines. If you aren't eligible, a workaround would be joining the beta test group called Windows Insiders, and choosing the slow ring for updates.
    The AT&T GoPhone 635 is upgradable.
    The T-Mobile one is not as it only has 500MB.
    That's the one I have unfortunately.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Feedback Score
    I just found the 4.5" AT&T Nokia Lumia 635 unlocked at Walmart & NewEgg for $56 to $57.95 depending on color (orange, green, white). 8gb with 512mb ram, wp 8.1os, figured it must be old tech for that price. Saw in your thread that upgrade to newer os is needed but possible. Probably not good for an unlocked BYOP phone choice if Win os on the way out but thought i would post it here.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nokia-Lum...reen/306347407