Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlimited data plan changes to affect EVERYONE on 8/23

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LTE4G View Post
    "...and there’s no way to watch 1080p on a phone anymore..."

Not even with a VPN, that is clever of them, I guess those will be slowed to 720p or 480p? Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by afterabme View Post
    Someone on reddit said the vpns were working no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    They tested this weeks ago and a VPN got around the 10 meg streaming limit
    Yep, definitely time to get a Lifetime Subscription to a VPN service that can handle at least 5 devices, and set it up for all of my Verizon Wireless devices to run through it!

Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    Clearly you have no understanding at all of the risks of using unsecured public WiFi networks.
    What do you really expect from these Millennial Hipster Special Snowflakes™?

I've tried seeing things from their point of view, but my head won't fit that far up my rectum!

Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    Listening to Bloomberg today, their stock prices fell in reaction to these plans.
    Good. The only way Verizon Wireless EVER gets the message is when something hits them where it REALLY hurts: Their bank accounts and their stock value!

Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Unlimited is the new normal. You are behind the times and have no vision.
    It was the old normal, too. And it was long overdue for making a comeback. The next thing that needs to make a comeback is 2-year contracts that actually guarantee the CUSTOMER their pricing for the length of the contract, along with early renewal options that keep the contract in force for ANOTHER 2 years with the pricing unchanged!

Oops, there I go again, making sense! I keep forgetting that with Verizon Wireless, that's not allowed!
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Okay. I'll say it for the THIRD time, and without using BIG FONTS. The link you site is for equipment using Verizon's Mobile Broadband services, which now I guess they call Verizon Home Services, which is a service separate from its mobile phone cellular data plans. Subscribing to Verizon Home Services is NOT the same thing as using Verizon's mobile phone cellular unlimited data plan as a substitute for a broadband Internet connection. I'm not sure why this difference is so hard to comprehend.
    Hey, I quoted you verbatim, word for word. You never once mentioned "mobile phone cellular" service in that post. You're the one who is confused. Everyone else understands the distinction perfectly. You are the one who made the stupid and totally incorrect statement, as quoted above in large font.

Just admit your error and move on. You'll feel a lot better about it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Yep, definitely time to get a Lifetime Subscription to a VPN service that can handle at least 5 devices, and set it up for all of my Verizon Wireless devices to run through it!

What do you really expect from these Millennial Hipster Special Snowflakes?

I've tried seeing things from their point of view, but my head won't fit that far up my rectum!

Good. The only way Verizon Wireless EVER gets the message is when something hits them where it REALLY hurts: Their bank accounts and their stock value!

It was the old normal, too. And it was long overdue for making a comeback. The next thing that needs to make a comeback is 2-year contracts that actually guarantee the CUSTOMER their pricing for the length of the contract, along with early renewal options that keep the contract in force for ANOTHER 2 years with the pricing unchanged!

Oops, there I go again, making sense! I keep forgetting that with Verizon Wireless, that's not allowed!
    2 year contract really need to come back and yes they are too late to come back in unlimited data game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Unlimited Data Plan Changes To Affect Everyone On 8/23

Actually, I am tempted to switch to this. We are currently on the MORE EVERY UNL TLK TXT 15GB with 4 lines. I pay $171.79 per month. What would I gain and what would I lose if I switch? At first glance, it would appear that we would get unlimited data, with the risk of slow down and lose Canada and Mexico coverage. What else am I missing? Would the total price be about the same for me? Are there any corporate discounts allowed with this plan?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Actually, I am tempted to switch to this. We are currently on the MORE EVERY UNL TLK TXT 15GB with 4 lines. I pay $171.79 per month. What would I gain and what would I lose if I switch? At first glance, it would appear that we would get unlimited data, with the risk of slow down and lose Canada and Mexico coverage. What else am I missing? Would the total price be about the same for me? Are there any corporate discounts allowed with this plan?
    No discounts. You'd also lose high speed hot spot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Military discount only.
    You lose priority on the tower.
    You lose the ability to stream higher than 480p.
    No Canada/Mexico coverage.
    Based on VZW's verbiage queen, you are subject to tax on the entire bill amount vs just the line fee (data isn't taxed). So, under the old plan you paid tax on the $20 line fee x #lines, but this plan has you pay tax on $160 (for 4 lines).

You gain 15GB hotspot per line.
    You gain more data per line.
    Talk and text is still unlimited.

There might be more differences too.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    Military discount only.
    You lose priority on the tower.
    You lose the ability to stream higher than 480p.
    No Canada/Mexico coverage.
    Based on VZW's verbiage queen, you are subject to tax on the entire bill amount vs just the line fee (data isn't taxed). So, under the old plan you paid tax on the $20 line fee x #lines, but this plan has you pay tax on $160 (for 4 lines).

You gain 15GB hotspot per line.
    You gain more data per line.
    Talk and text is still unlimited.

There might be more differences too.
    It's apparently no longer a 15% discount but now worded as a "$15" discount too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    It's apparently no longer a 15% discount but now worded as a "$15" discount too.
    Ouch. Hopefully AT&T doesn't follow VZW's lead here.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Unlimited data plan changes to affect EVERYONE on 8/23

Ouch. Hopefully AT&T doesn't follow VZW's lead here.
    AT&T can't be one upped as most expensive! I'm sure they'll think of something even more asinine within the next couple weeks.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    AT&T can't be one upped as most expensive! I'm sure they'll think of something even more asinine within the next couple weeks.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1503531143.828593.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  108.7 KB

I feel this is really false advertising by Verizon. The consumer would automatically thinks its $50/line. So cool. Let's switch two lines for $50 each equals $100

Feedback Score
    any way to get on verizon's old unlimited plan before today's change? anyone have the bill code to apply to the account, that might work?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    I honestly think Verizon was seeing more 6-7-8 lines on the unlimited data plans that they launched in feb 2017.

Ive been a Verizon (and att) stockholder for past 10 years. I follow trends closely.

Verizon used to report revenue PER LINE up to around 2011. Their revenue per line was going down big time with more $9.99 add a lines. Than they started forcing every subsidized smart phone (regardless if you don't use it) to have mandatory data plan cause of the subsidy.

Now Verizon likely sees these 6-8 lines on the unlimited data. 6 lines equals $220 on old plan. 8 lines equals $260. Just do the simple math. That's like $36 a line for 6 lines and $32 dollars a line for 8 lines. Heck of a deal and beats many of the prepaid single line plans with their great network.

Feedback Score
    Wow, that will mean huge increases in people's taxes unless they have some way they allocate the data charge portion of the per line fee so that it can be exempt from taxes.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Over one year ago I stated that unlimited was a bad choice for Verizon and that it would capsize their network. Unfortunately I was right. Why do so many users think they need unlimited with WiFi being so prevalent and accessible? These unlimited people are making it bad for the rest of us on normal plans.
    Because there are people (and I know a few) that don't have home Wi-Fi and are content to watch a HD Video through their iPhone connected to their HD Television.

I'm very happy Verizon is doing this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast