Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlimited data plan changes to affect EVERYONE on 8/23

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It'll be interesting to see if at&t does anything. Today, At&t's all you can eat unlimited plan is $185 for 4 lines as opposed to $200 on Verizon. Plus, it drops down $25 to $160 if you have Directv!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenP803 View Post
    Ironically the day the nUDP came out, I explained to my wife that we need to jump on it while we could before something like this would happen.
    I wouldn't call it ironic when nUDP came out they told us it was an introductory price.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    I wouldn't call it ironic when nUDP came out they told us it was an introductory price.
    Yeah, but not an introductory plan.

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T's HSPA(3G) @ Home

Straight Talk's(AT&T) HSPA? @ Home

Feedback Score

Unlimited data plan changes to affect EVERYONE on 8/23

Just in case people haven't post about this. The video throttle won't touch the existing UDP and Grandfathered UDP.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1503512767.858173.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  50.6 KB

Also, here's what I think of the new plan change, Gigabit LTE will be launched before the end of this year. This is going to have a big impact on network capacity. The temporary slow down is inevitable in some markets, but that doesn't mean Verizon isn't actively fixing the problem.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albert1735 View Post
    Just in case people haven't post about this. The video throttle won't touch the existing UDP and Grandfathered UDP.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1503512767.858173.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  50.6 KB
    Unfortunately that's not true...the Verizon website states the streaming limits in the FAQ for the old plan...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markgnyc2 View Post
    Unfortunately that's not true...the Verizon website states the streaming limits in the FAQ for the old plan...
    If they are going to implement it, we shall see. There's no throttling happening ATM. Still streaming 1080p and testing Fast.com fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albert1735 View Post
    That is the only source that says that. Verizon says otherwise. It is amazing to me that every single other source including Verizon themselves says otherwise and yet people keep posting the one and only article that got the info wrong as if it is the correct info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenP803 View Post
    Yeah, but not an introductory plan.
    The pricing was introductory. The plan is the same but they are throttling video for everyone across the board.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    The pricing was introductory. The plan is the same but they are throttling video for everyone across the board.
    For the sake of an argument; okay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    I have been with Verizon 14 years and I have never seen Verizon advertise their cell service as a replacement for home broadband or home wifi usage. Never once. If you have an ad that says that please post it. That being said, I agree that you may not be doing anything "wrong", but my point is that that doesn't alter the fact that the changes to Verizon's unlimited plans are likely designed, in part, to reduce the heavy data usage by people who are doing exactly what you're doing.
    You need to educate yourself. Here is a link to exactly what you claim doesn't exist. https://www.verizonwireless.com/home...home-services/

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    That poster is telling the truth. Numerous posters on here and on Reddit purchased have purchased unlimited LTE service that was indeed advertised as a home internet replacement. I believe those were only offered in select markets though. I doubt all of those users were lying considering how similar their plans were.
    Not accusing anyone of lying. I think people may be getting things mixed up between Mobile Broadband, the former Verizon Fusion, and what I was talking about, which was neither. It just seems odd to me that if in fact Verizon was touting its UNLIMITED mobile phone cellular service as a replacement for a cable broadband connection that not a single person has been able to come up with anything to show that.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, now Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    I agree with you. I won’t pay for unlimited... don’t need it. I’m content with being on Verizon prepaid. 7 GB + 2 GB rollover for a flat $48 a month. For me to get unlimited would be a complete waste of money but other people don’t know that. Instead, they think they need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing most on here don't pay that much for the unlimited plans. I've got a family of 7 on the nudp. We pay $36 per line for unlimited everything.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    You need to educate yourself. Here is a link to exactly what you claim doesn't exist. https://www.verizonwireless.com/home...home-services/
    Okay. I'll say it for the THIRD time, and without using BIG FONTS. The link you site is for equipment using Verizon's Mobile Broadband services, which now I guess they call Verizon Home Services, which is a service separate from its mobile phone cellular data plans. Subscribing to Verizon Home Services is NOT the same thing as using Verizon's mobile phone cellular unlimited data plan as a substitute for a broadband Internet connection. I'm not sure why this difference is so hard to comprehend.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Not accusing anyone of lying. I think people may be getting things mixed up between Mobile Broadband, the former Verizon Fusion, and what I was talking about, which was neither. It just seems odd to me that if in fact Verizon was touting its UNLIMITED mobile phone cellular service as a replacement for a cable broadband connection that not a single person has been able to come up with anything to show that.
    The proof has been posted on this forum before including the postcard I just can't seem to locate it with my limited internet skills

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast