Thread: forgot windows 10 login password, what should I do?

Feedback Score

forgot windows 10 login password, what should I do?

I forgot the password to my HP laptop with running Windows 10 system, I can access via a PIN, but can't change password without the old password, so, is there a way to reset local password on Windows 10? I don't want to reinstall the system.

Feedback Score
    I always boot a linux disk, mount that windows partition, make a copy of sethc exe and replace it with cmd exe

Boot into Windows again and then you can open your cmd by hitting Shift button multiple times. Now you can set a new password using net user

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew5894556 View Post
    I forgot the password to my HP laptop with running Windows 10 system, I can access via a PIN, but can't change password without the old password, so, is there a way to reset local password on Windows 10? I don't want to reinstall the system.
    The same issues happened to me . after you forgot login password , you unable to access your laptop , this is a headache, but if you have other account on your Hp laptop , you can use those account to reset login password for your locked account

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcomke88 View Post
    The same issues happened to me . after you forgot login password , you unable to access your laptop , this is a headache, but if you have other account on your Hp laptop , you can use those account to reset login password for your locked account

it seems i didn't have another account on my hp laptop, so what should I do?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew5894556 View Post
    it seems i didn't have another account on my hp laptop, so what should I do?
    Oh , as i known , the CMD can be used to load critical operating system files to reset password of local user accounts that comes with the locked computer. even if it free , but i have never tried it to do that ,

Feedback Score
    Oh , as i known , the CMD can be used to load critical operating system files to reset password of local user accounts that comes with the locked computer. even if it free , but i have never tried it to do that ,
    +1. It is an effective way to reset account password on Windows machines but it is a bit tricky. You can find the steps in here.

P.S you can also enable the hidden admin account so you can reset password for other accounts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xabialone View Post
    +1. It is an effective way to reset account password on Windows machines but it is a bit tricky. You can find the steps in here.

P.S you can also enable the hidden admin account so you can reset password for other accounts
    Thanks for your advice , i will try it next time .

Feedback Score
    https://www.recoverywindowspassword....-password.html
    If you are using Microsoft Account , maybe it's the easiest way to help you reset your Windows ,