Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Unlocked iPhone

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    122
    Feedback Score
    0
    Apologies if this has been explained above, but so much is new to me.

    If you buy the prepaid ATT iPhone 6 (used to be the Go Phone iPhone 6) from Best Buy and pop an already-active Cricket sim in, will it become Cricket locked? Can you ask Best Buy to scan and unlock it?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,869
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander32 View Post
    Apologies if this has been explained above, but so much is new to me.

    If you buy the prepaid ATT iPhone 6 (used to be the Go Phone iPhone 6) from Best Buy and pop an already-active Cricket sim in, will it become Cricket locked? Can you ask Best Buy to scan and unlock it?
    AT&T prepaid phones don't need to be unlocked if you are going to use on cricket.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    122
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    AT&T prepaid phones don't need to be unlocked if you are going to use on cricket.
    Thanks -- that is what I figured, but there was a lot of discussion up thread about Best Buy purchased iphones being locked to the carrier sim you first put in..........I might have misunderstood the discussion above though.

    I don't want to buy a Best Buy Go Phone (or rather, ATT prepaid phone) and have it locked to Cricket.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,341
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander32 View Post
    Thanks -- that is what I figured, but there was a lot of discussion up thread about Best Buy purchased iphones being locked to the carrier sim you first put in..........I might have misunderstood the discussion above though.

    I don't want to buy a Best Buy Go Phone (or rather, ATT prepaid phone) and have it locked to Cricket.
    Prepaid iphones are locked to the carrier. Just so happens that ATT prepaid works with any ATT MVNO including Cricket.

    The postpaid iphones sold by best buy are locked to first sim if financed or leased I believe.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,318
    Feedback Score
    0
    Reason #674.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 01:33 AM
  2. Anybody looking for an UNLOCKED iPhone!??!
    By DaveGee in forum Apple
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 03:01 PM
  3. Unlocked iPhone
    By Vintage_DuDe05 in forum Apple
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 07:51 PM
  4. Pure Mobile to Sell Unlocked iPhone
    By kenstee in forum Apple
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 09:50 AM
  5. Will an unlocked iphone work with tmobile?
    By magnum man in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 12:29 PM

Bookmarks