Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any way to get access to those sweet QC plans?

Hybrid View

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Any way to get access to those sweet QC plans?

I believe all 3 carriers (Fido included) are offering 6GB for $49 BYOP in Quebec. I'd hate to hop over to another carrier and go through the signup process.

Has anyone in other provinces (BC, ON) been able to call in to negotiate their way onto this QC plan?

Or is there a way to access these plans by signing up online et al.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xTowndude View Post
    I believe all 3 carriers (Fido included) are offering 6GB for $49 BYOP in Quebec. I'd hate to hop over to another carrier and go through the signup process.

Has anyone in other provinces (BC, ON) been able to call in to negotiate their way onto this QC plan?

Or is there a way to access these plans by signing up online et al.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walked into 2 fido locations here in Ontario and asked to get a QC phone number and they flat out refused. They really didn't want me to do it the honest straight forward way. So I ended up getting a Koodo plan instead.

Feedback Score
    Hey xTowndude!

In order switch to a plan that is only offered in a specific region, you need to have a phone number local to that area. For example, if you want to have a plan that is only offered in Quebec, you need to have a Quebec phone number.

If you don't currently have a Quebec number, you can change your phone number when logged in to My Account on Fido.ca under the Services tab. As soon as that's done, you can change your plan to a Quebec plan, also through My Account under the Services tab.

- Amanda

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fido Solutions View Post
    Hey xTowndude!

In order switch to a plan that is only offered in a specific region, you need to have a phone number local to that area. For example, if you want to have a plan that is only offered in Quebec, you need to have a Quebec phone number.

If you don't currently have a Quebec number, you can change your phone number when logged in to My Account on Fido.ca under the Services tab. As soon as that's done, you can change your plan to a Quebec plan, also through My Account under the Services tab.

- Amanda
    Soooo....getting back on the main topic here...

Is there a reason why I have to have a Quebec number on Fido to get this plan, but don't need to give up my BC number on other carriers (e.g., Koodo)? Yes, understood that retaining my BC number will require a 'process workaround' of sorts, but still, why is Fido not as lenient and customer friendly as the others?

Fido Solutions, is there a way to do this with you guys whilst retaining my BC number, or do I need to move both my lines over to another carrier to keep my number? It's a bit of work on my end (a trip to the mall + 30 minutes of fidgeting with Koodo's web-tool), but I'm trying to see here if there's anything you can do to match the offer and retain the customer.

P.S.: I hope my asking this here doesn't go against the forum rules or anything. Mod, if that's the case, please feel free to remove my post or send me a note asking me to remove it.

Feedback Score
    Hey xTowndude!

We'd love to help on that however this would be the only option available to be able to get this specific plan.

We could still check out your option so feel free to contact us via Facebook Messenger PM or Twitter DM, we'll look into what can be done

- Jallil

Feedback Score

Is there a reason why I have to have a Quebec number on Fido to get this plan, but don't need to give up my BC number on other carriers (e.g., Koodo)? Yes, understood that retaining my BC number will require a 'process workaround' of sorts, but still, why is Fido not as lenient and customer friendly as the others?

Fido Solutions, is there a way to do this with you guys whilst retaining my BC number, or do I need to move both my lines over to another carrier to keep my number? It's a bit of work on my end (a trip to the mall + 30 minutes of fidgeting with Koodo's web-tool), but I'm trying to see here if there's anything you can do to match the offer and retain the customer.

P.S.: I hope my asking this here doesn't go against the forum rules or anything. Mod, if that's the case, please feel free to remove my post or send me a note asking me to remove it.
    The reason you can't get the Quebec plans is because your province lacks any kind of real competition that forces Fido or any of the other ISPs to actually compete. They know this and therefore you will take what you are given and be happy.

Now Hand over that $100 a month for 500MB of data with $70 per gig overage charges and only province wide calling with little else. /S

It's ******** that these providers do this. If they can offer a plan in one province then they should be forced to offer that same plan to all Canadians, but they don't want to actually compete now do they.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Fido will not allow this. For years koodo has allowed exactly what you are asking. Fido blocked exactly this for just as many years. There is no reason to expect that will change any time soon.

You have a choice. Keep over paying with Fido out of some misplaced sense of loyalty. Or leave and get far more value for your money. The best you can expect, by staying with Fido, is to be offered a retentions plan that will still cost you more than koodo.

Good luck.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey xTowndude!

- Amanda
    Hi Fido Solutions,

Have you guys changed your mind about allowing customers to do this? I've called 611 three times today and the reps keep telling me that their policy doesn't allow them to assign a QC number to me.

I need to do this with a rep on the phone because I first want to port my current number out to another provider before I get a QC plan. Please help!

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hi Fido Solutions,

Have you guys changed your mind about allowing customers to do this? I've called 611 three times today and the reps keep telling me that their policy doesn't allow them to assign a QC number to me.

I need to do this with a rep on the phone because I first want to port my current number out to another provider before I get a QC plan. Please help!

Thanks
    They haven't changed their ridiculous for years, no reason to expect them to change now. They will not allow you to do this no matter how much you beg

Save your dignity and switch to koodo. Super easy and no more begging Fido for prices they withhold based only on whether there exists a strong and established carrier outside of their cartel.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi Fido Solutions,

Thanks
    Is this guy serious or is he trolling??
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    Hi Fido Solutions,

Thanks
    Hey xTowndude!

Do you mean that you would like to port-out your existing number and replace it with a QC number on the same line? If that's what you're looking for, it's not something that we're able to do. Once your number is ported out, your line, and, by extension, your account, if that line is the only line active in the account, would be closed.

If you keep your existing phone number, as well as a QC number, your best bet in this situation would likely be to activate another line with a QC phone number/plan.

- Amanda

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey xTowndude!

Do you mean that you would like to port-out your existing number and replace it with a QC number on the same line? If that's what you're looking for, it's not something that we're able to do. Once your number is ported out, your line, and, by extension, your account, if that line is the only line active in the account, would be closed.

If you keep your existing phone number, as well as a QC number, your best bet in this situation would likely be to activate another line with a QC phone number/plan.

- Amanda
    He wants a Quebec plan with an ON (or other prov) number.

Let's be honest: fido/Rogers could easily allow this, just like Koodo does. Fido/Rogers just takes a slightly more anti-customer stance and forbids it. Completely able, just not willing or allowed.

Doesn't feel better when we're honest?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey xTowndude!

- Amanda
    Excellent, thanks Amanda. I was thinking about this route earlier, seems like that's the route I'll take. I'll activate a new line with a QC plan and port out my current number from the existing line once I get the SIM with the QC number.

As Ceredon said in his response, a lot of us are very disappointed at Fido for not allowing us to retain our in-Province number like Koodo does. We all know that it is possible for you guys to offer it, however, your corporate policy / unwillingness to offer this frustrates your customers to say the least.

That being said, I'm not looking to switch mobile providers at this stage, am happy with the network coverage Fido provides in my city and am trying to put together a voip solution (with help from other resources on HoFo) that allows me to park my Vancouver number on another service and call/SMS forward to my cell service with Fido on the $56 8GB Quebec plan, to remain reachable to those who don't have unlimited country-wide calling.

I will stay with you guys, but only until my work around remains viable. If Koodo begins supporting WiFi calling on the iPhone and there's an 8GB/$56 offer on the table, I will make the switch.

Thanks again for your help thus far.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Excellent, thanks Amanda. I was thinking about this route earlier, seems like that's the route I'll take. I'll activate a new line with a QC plan and port out my current number from the existing line once I get the SIM with the QC number.

As Ceredon said in his response, a lot of us are very disappointed at Fido for not allowing us to retain our in-Province number like Koodo does. We all know that it is possible for you guys to offer it, however, your corporate policy / unwillingness to offer this frustrates your customers to say the least.

That being said, I'm not looking to switch mobile providers at this stage, am happy with the network coverage Fido provides in my city and am trying to put together a voip solution (with help from other resources on HoFo) that allows me to park my Vancouver number on another service and call/SMS forward to my cell service with Fido on the $56 8GB Quebec plan, to remain reachable to those who don't have unlimited country-wide calling.

I will stay with you guys, but only until my work around remains viable. If Koodo begins supporting WiFi calling on the iPhone and there's an 8GB/$56 offer on the table, I will make the switch.

Thanks again for your help thus far.
    The only problem with going the VOIP route, as an iPhone user, is your iMessage will be wonky. Your contacts will:
    -Call your current number
    -Text you current number, which will arrive in your VOIP app, hopefully, but not iMessage.
    -Text your QC number, which will arrive in your VOIP
    -Text your email address/AppleID which will arrive in your iMessage

It'll get messy.

Feedback Score
    ^Amanda, Have you every personally tried the Fido App to make plan changes?

FYI: it doesn't work nor has it ever worked.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast