Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MicroSIM Phones

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

MicroSIM Phones

I need to upgrade my phone. I really want to get a phone with LTE band 2, 4 and 12 this time to get better coverage. T-Mobile Store is asking $20 for a nanoSIM. Besides, I still need the ability to switch to an older phone which uses MicroSIM.

Is there a major branded phone released within the last year that still uses MicroSIM and supports all T-Mobile LTE bands?

Feedback Score
    The only one I can think of is the moto g4 line. The g4 g4plus and g4 play. Those do fall out of your year range, as they are a little over a year old but really can't think of any other that recently took a micro SIM. I know others will say use an adapter but those adapters can be a pain sometimes.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I will look into it. Seems like there is even Android 7 update for the G4.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4, iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Try calling 611 and asking for a 3-in-1 SIM. When I moved from a Nexus 4 to a Nexus 6P, they sent me one for free. The corporate store near me wanted $30.00 cash.

Feedback Score
    No problem. I know the g4 and g4 plus got nougat. I'm almost positive the g4 play finally received it also. All 3 of them though will support bands 2 4 and 12. Actually they support the major bands for all 4 carriers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyTunes View Post
    Try calling 611 and asking for a 3-in-1 SIM. When I moved from a Nexus 4 to a Nexus 6P, they sent me one for free. The corporate store near me wanted $30.00 cash.
    This works also, but some didn't like using a nano to micro adapter and that's basically all a 3 in 1 SIM is. A nano SIM card with 2 adapters on it. Sometimes going from nano to micro with the adapter can be a pain especially if you do it often. If the nano SIM isn't completely flat in the micro adapter the adapter sometimes gets caught on on the SIM tray, or worse it can get caught up in those little prongs that read the SIM card. I've seen phones basically ruined by a SIM adapter. So I can understand if someone doesn't want to use a 3 in 1 especially if they will be swapping it out often.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    No problem. I know the g4 and g4 plus got nougat. I'm almost positive the g4 play finally received it also. All 3 of them though will support bands 2 4 and 12. Actually they support the major bands for all 4 carriers.
    I've checked for a long time and I have not received Nougat. Gave up thinking I will see it.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwiz View Post
    I've checked for a long time and I have not received Nougat. Gave up thinking I will see it.

Using the unlocked or the Verizon version of the g4 play? I thought I saw that the unlocked g4 play got nougat.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ (me), Galaxy S9+ (wife), Nexus 7 Tablet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    I need to upgrade my phone. I really want to get a phone with LTE band 2, 4 and 12 this time to get better coverage. ........

Is there a major branded phone released within the last year that ......... supports all T-Mobile LTE bands?
    Don't forget that whatever T-Mobile bands that CURRENT phones support will NOT support the new 600 mHz band that T-Mobile will be rolling out gradually starting this winter.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am not sure what LTE band is 600MHz. But I bet most phones nowadays don't support it.

I am now down to 2 phones LG G4 or Moto G4. I'm on T-Zones, so I guess I have to go with non-T-Mobile phones. I am doubtful if non-T-Mobile LG G4 supports Band 12 / VoLTE though.

Feedback Score
    It's band 71, and no phone today supports it. As far as the LG g4 you are correct.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    I am now down to 2 phones LG G4 or Moto G4. I'm on T-Zones, so I guess I have to go with non-T-Mobile phones. I am doubtful if non-T-Mobile LG G4 supports Band 12 / VoLTE though.
    Fortuantely, there are a number of non-T-Mobile phones that support Band 12, VoLTE, and some like LeEco and OnePlus 3T even support T-Mobile's wifi-calling.

You can find a good list on this site under Unlocked Devices:

http://www.spectrumgateway.com/compatible-phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    Using the unlocked or the Verizon version of the g4 play? I thought I saw that the unlocked g4 play got nougat.
    I'm using XT1607 unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwiz View Post
    I'm using XT1607 unlocked.

That sucks the 1607 never got it. It was scheduled for June I think. I can understand the 1609 not getting it.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640, LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score
    I seem to remember reading that they are releasing several band 71 phones Q4 from all the major companies as the first sites are due online in Sept.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast