Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: T Mobile has the best network according to open signal

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Really? Thousands of cities have yet to get T-Mobile, and many of these already have the two larger networks.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Tmobile is known for lieing about coverage. They also don't like rootmetrics since Sprint does better on Voice reliability.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Tmobile is known for lieing about coverage. They also don't like rootmetrics since Sprint does better on Voice reliability.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Sprint should love these crowdsourced "studies" since the bias under-emphasizes the "0 Mbps" data speed Sprint has in most places ... And this results in Sprint's average speed being reported as being far higher than it actually is.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I think that once TMobile rolls out 600 they will have at least as good a network as everyone else on all levels
    Agree and if T-Mobile gets the fiber back haul they are going to really damage the other networks revenue from T-Mobile's 1st 5G nationwide network with all that 600 Mhz.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    I will jump ship to Cincinnati Bell if Soft Bank/Sprint buys Charter Communications since they are bad enough without Sprint/Soft Bank making them even worse.
    Softbank chairman Masayoshi Son's plan to combine Sprint with TV provider Charter was rebuffed Sunday. Now the rumor is Masayoshi Son's plan to go after DISH Networks. This reeks of desperation by Softbank.

Dish Network becomes latest telecom stock to spike on report SoftBank may buy it

Seriously what does DISH Network do for Sprint/Softbank? Sprint already has more spectrum than anyone else but no money to build it out. All DISH has is more Spectrum that would help Sprint. DISH doesn't have a terrestrial based network to depoly their spectrum that the FCC clock is ticking to be 70% deployed by early 2020.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Agree and if T-Mobile gets the fiber back haul they are going to really damage the other networks revenue from T-Mobile's 1st 5G nationwide network with all that 600 Mhz.
    Never mind 5g. I'd be happy if TMO improved to at least 5 Mbps nationwide.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Never mind 5g. I'd be happy if TMO improved to at least 5 Mbps nationwide.

Well I am happy that Verizon is kicking off their customers since their network is over rated and over priced.

Verizon sending letters to LTE in Rural America users concerning termination

VZW cut me off from internet, due to older 4G LTE phone!

Feedback Score
    Well I am happy that Verizon is kicking off their customers since their network is over rated and over priced.

Yeah, older slower service is part of the picture of Verizon's coverage advantage. I think they are stupid to boot people off.

However, I am never "glad" when a company degrades/diminishes its service or screws over its customers.

Feedback Score

You're happy people are losing their internet service? You must be a treat to be around. As far as price, TMobile and Verizon are the same price for a new customer so TMobile has lost their price advantage. Kind of funny huh? Verizon and att are losing their coverage advantages, and TMobile is losing its price advantage. Imagine that. As I've said before, it's coming down to do you like red, blue or pink better as the only thing that makes these carriers any different. Hopefully yellow can continue to improve themselves to be good enough to finally rekickstart competition again. I don't know about you, but for me 3 carriers with the same coverage charging the same price sounds pretty dang crappy.

Feedback Score

However, I am never "glad" when a company degrades/diminishes its service or screws over its customers.

Amen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    Amen.
    Yeah it kind of sounds like a person might have too much invested as a fanboy if they become a cheerleader of a company doing bad things to its customers.

If not a fan boy, then perhaps someone who has an actual financial interest in one of the competing companies. A person who will get richer if Verizon does poorly.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, older slower service is part of the picture of Verizon's coverage advantage. I think they are stupid to boot people off.

I am happy for those people that Verizon mistreated that does want customers that have little profit margins to pump up their stock RPU, will find another network to treat them better than Verizon did. Verizon over rated over priced. As for Verizon seems they also don't have at least 5 Mpbs nationwide... Anyone else experiencing "Epic Speeds" on Verizon lately?

Feedback Score
    Yeah it kind of sounds like a person might have too much invested as a fanboy if they become a cheerleader of a company doing bad things to its customers.

If not a fan boy, then perhaps someone who has an actual financial interest in one of the competing companies. A person who will get richer if Verizon does poorly.

I've never gotten the blind fanboy mentality from a consumer. If someone is an investor I see it, their priorities are different, but as just a consumer you shouldn't want any carrier to fail, or to do anything that negatively affects their service or screws people over, because if that carrier does it, what's actually stopping the carrier you use from doing the same thing? The carrier likes you personally and thinks youre swell? They see it as a business contract with you, that's it. Consumers should want competition, consumers should want the other carriers to be strong, it only makes your choices as a consumer better if the carriers are all fighting over you. This is why really the only place with intense competition anymore is in the prepaid market. There are hundreds of choices all fighting for you as a customer. Every week there is a new promo from one of the prepaid providers to get your service because of the strong competition in the market. That's what consumers should want from the 4 postpaid carriers. It never ceases to amaze me how many people argue against their own best interests as consumers because of blind fanboy loyalty.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

T Mobile has the best network according to open signal

Most of those customers will have to either choose the overpriced regional carrier or the 'subpar' AT&T network as you claim they are. T-Mobile is a no show in a lot of those areas.

Not sure how Verizon is overrated and overpriced seeing as T-Mobile is more expensive than Verizon in some ways with admittedly less coverage nationwide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    I've never gotten the blind fanboy mentality from a consumer. If someone is an investor I see it, their priorities are different, but as just a consumer you shouldn't want any carrier to fail, or to do anything that negatively affects their service or screws people over, because if that carrier does it, what's actually stopping the carrier you use from doing the same thing? The carrier likes you personally and thinks youre swell? They see it as a business contract with you, that's it. Consumers should want competition, consumers should want the other carriers to be strong, it only makes your choices as a consumer better if the carriers are all fighting over you. This is why really the only place with intense competition anymore is in the prepaid market. There are hundreds of choices all fighting for you as a customer. Every week there is a new promo from one of the prepaid providers to get your service because of the strong competition in the market. That's what consumers should want from the 4 postpaid carriers. It never ceases to amaze me how many people argue against their own best interests as consumers because of blind fanboy loyalty.
    Excellent post and agree. We pay and expect premium service from the big 4. Competition is good for the industry, nobody should be rooting for just one carrier. The bottom line is it's 2017 and every carrier is improving thanks to advancements in technology.

Device(s)
    iPhone X/8+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    T-Mobile is already the best in the cities and with 600 it's game over for Verizon since they won't have any advantage over tmobile
    Verizon has a ton of mm wave spectrum to deploy and AT&T is arguably in the best spectrum position of the 3 (Spring is too inept for the time being to count). 600 will be a big factor but a number of important areas won't even sniff it until 2019. I would assume AT&T and Verizon will be doing some network upgrades during that time frame as well. Probably a little premature to call it game over.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast