Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I think that once TMobile rolls out 600 they will have at least as good a network as everyone else on all levels
    Well, NR says that their 700 roll-out is nearly complete and, in the rural areas where they have 700 coverage, they often fall short on coverage. If 700 is any predictor of their 600 deployment, they may stay in 3rd place.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Well, NR says that their 700 roll-out is nearly complete and, in the rural areas where they have 700 coverage, they often fall short on coverage. If 700 is any predictor of their 600 deployment, they may stay in 3rd place.
    They need to use more antennas. One 700 antenna between the others doesn't cut it. Verizon will have 4 on one sector, T-Mobile has 1.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    From what it looks like to me they did a fast not super thorough build with 700 in the most critical spots. I would imagine they up the level quite a bit with 600. With quadruple the low band the potential is there.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    It will be a cold day in hell before Charter Communications agrees to a buyout. Charter Communications has rejected an offer from Verizon already since they were not interested in being bought out at this time.
    Charter itself doesn't have to agree. It's the shareholders that have the final say. And it sounds like Son is going to take his offer directly to them.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    That is not T Mobile USA's problem that Verizon has not upgraded it's network to keep up with it's customer growth. Verizon has largely not done any meaningful network upgrades since they were able to control their customers data usage with caps. Since now they have to offer unlimited data due to competition now their lack of upgrades to maintain the quality of their network is starting to show.
    Um, what? Do you have information to back this up, the claim that Verizon doesn't "upgrade" is network? Or is it just another one of those claims fanboys throw out without any meaningful grounds? Don't be like that.

Verizon has been, for several months (dating back to last year), progressing with network upgrades. They do a press release when most of the nation receives said upgrades, unlike T-Mobile that announces it when the first 5-10 markets are live/ soon to launch, which isn't a problem IMO, but let's get things straight here.

As a T-Mobile shareholder, it is important that they continue to jab at the big two by adding subs and improving their network. They're doing that and I commend them. Verizon, despite a dismal Q1, rebounded in Q2 and it showed during the day trade. You're talking about network slowdowns? From what, 50 Mbps to 30? That's not bad at all and the experience is similar. Sure, YMMV, but the Verizon subs that I know, both old and new, love their plan and service regardless of unlimited data or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by caddypower View Post
    It's hard to say whos best at what since my att could drop to no signal down the street, my Verizon could do the same and my tmobile could also drop out.

T-Mobile has made great strides and improvements so nobody can dispute that

Go overseas and you find out fast how expensive us carriers are and how many network issues they all have. I never have the outages in other countries like I do at home. It's embarrassing to say the least.
    To your last point, I have a question - which countries do you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Agree ! Sprint doesn't have T-Mobiles Density either . It's a fact that T-Mobile has the most towers in the country..so yeh they are faster than sprint. Verizon having the most customers should be focused on buying more spectrum ....in areas where they need more the network is collapsing.
    It's easy for those to forget all of the aspects that go into network performance and you hit the nail on the head with this response.

In conclusion, YES, Verizon has slowed down overall in data speed since unlimited announced, but to state, without evidence, that NO network upgrades are being done, is foolish as well as this article.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    what logic and wrong information ? That company cheerleaders are so Cute? Thanks for the laugh!
    I bet if RM rated them the best all the fanboys would be coming to their defense, but since they aren't their of no use to the fanboys.
    Hartford, CT Area

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    We all have our favorites but having competition is good for everyone.

The carrier that I'll laugh at if they dont really do some good expansions is at&t since they got the firstnet contract. Firstnet makes it know that broad rural coverage is very important and no carrier has that type of coverage right now. I went to one of the public meetings in northern VA and rural is a big factor

To what extent that will benefit the average consumer is still to be determined

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Charter itself doesn't have to agree. It's the shareholders that have the final say. And it sounds like Son is going to take his offer directly to them.
    I will jump ship to Cincinnati Bell if Soft Bank/Sprint buys Charter Communications since they are bad enough without Sprint/Soft Bank making them even worse.

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    From what it looks like to me they did a fast not super thorough build with 700 in the most critical spots. I would imagine they up the level quite a bit with 600. With quadruple the low band the potential is there.
    Yup, and in so many areas it's a swiss cheese deployment of 700. Even in areas that are super rural where interference wouldn't be a problem, there are so many sites that are still band 2 only left over from the 2G > LTE upgrade.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I will briefly repeat the point that there is so much bias in anything crowd sourced like this and a total lack of the necessary randomness as render T-Mobile's conclusions useless.

The same as when Verizon trumpets equally invalid conclusions crowdsourced by anyone else.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / LeEco Pro3
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think that once TMobile rolls out 600 they will have at least as good a network as everyone else on all levels
    Agreed, if the other networks stand still.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    While technically correct, a company's management can also do a lot to make themselves unattractive to potential suitors.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Agreed, if the other networks stand still.
    T-Mobile is already the best in the cities and with 600 it's game over for Verizon since they won't have any advantage over tmobile

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post
    Um, what? Do you have information to back this up, the claim that Verizon doesn't "upgrade" is network? Or is it just another one of those claims fanboys throw out without any meaningful grounds? Don't be like that.

Verizon has been, for several months (dating back to last year), progressing with network upgrades. They do a press release when most of the nation receives said upgrades, unlike T-Mobile that announces it when the first 5-10 markets are live/ soon to launch, which isn't a problem IMO, but let's get things straight here.

As a T-Mobile shareholder, it is important that they continue to jab at the big two by adding subs and improving their network. They're doing that and I commend them. Verizon, despite a dismal Q1, rebounded in Q2 and it showed during the day trade. You're talking about network slowdowns? From what, 50 Mbps to 30? That's not bad at all and the experience is similar. Sure, YMMV, but the Verizon subs that I know, both old and new, love their plan and service regardless of unlimited data or not. To your last point, I have a question - which countries do you speak of? It's easy for those to forget all of the aspects that go into network performance and you hit the nail on the head with this response.

In conclusion, YES, Verizon has slowed down overall in data speed since unlimited announced, but to state, without evidence, that NO network upgrades are being done, is foolish as well as this article.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    They are most definitely doing upgrades and adding new sites in my area ( far more than any other carrier). The issue I have with Verizon is capacity. I believe they need more spectrum to keep up with Data demand. Having the most customers it's needed regardless of how much they densify

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    T-Mobile is already the best in the cities and with 600 it's game over for Verizon since they won't have any advantage over tmobile
    Really? Thousands of cities have yet to get T-Mobile, and many of these already have the two larger networks.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast