Thread: Alcatel Go flip, anyone like/dislike it?

Feedback Score

Alcatel Go flip, anyone like/dislike it?

i have Tracfone service but like to look around. Saw the Alcatel Go flip at Boost website for 19.99. I wonder if any one here likes or dislikes this phone. I think it has WiFi & could be a plus. Any opinions or insights? Didnt see it at Tracfone site so am guessing they arent offering it but if good, a flip with WiFi could be a gr8 plus for those who need a fairly basic phone but need to do email & use WiFi to save on data.

Feedback Score
    The email is not possible to setup with any email provider with secure encryption so the go flip email is limited to non secure email providers. The web browser has bookmarked favorites usable to find webpages quick but when the cache gets loaded the favorites function no longer works. After receiving text messages the phone is unable to process any functions for several minutes. There is no support or updates for the Kaios it works through. Camera is not 720p video as advertised it is low quality 3gp there is only 1gb of storage on the phone not the advertised 4gb

Feedback Score
    Thnx for the info. I didn't think it was going to be real super but maybe just a bit better than a basic flip. If it has WiFi it's a big step up but then some ZTE flips like Cymbal G or C are supposed to have WiFi but it depends on the service provider that offers them. Some older flips actually were nicer than some of the new ones just 2g, 3g not 4g and less memory. Otherwise they did email, texting, picture messaging pretty well & had quality look or feel, not all plastic. Like Sony Ericsson or Nokia models, some were pretty nice.

Feedback Score
    For a simple phone, its ok.
    It features a gps, just wish it had a half decent map app to use it with.
    Radio is nice touch.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    I have one as TMobile would not activate my old 2g Motorola flip phone ....

It works on 4g LTE which I guess is good ,

It does not ring loud enough and it does not vibrate very much!
    I wish it would have a way to vibrate more as it's in my work pants pocket and I often Miss calls.
    TMobile wants $75 for one !

I would rather have my old 8 year old Motorola flip phone , but this one works ok...
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score
    Got one on TracFone that sits in my glove box. Not bad for $15.