Thread: Faxing

Feedback Score

Faxing

Does anyone know of a work around: I plugged my Brother fax machine directly into the Verizon FiOS Optical Network Interface(ONT) in one of the phone jacks in the back of the terminal. I start the fax transmission. I get a busy signal. The fax is not sent. What am I doing wrong? Verizon has to know about this problem. Would I have to have a second line installed? Do I need a stronger phone cable? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    Does anyone know of a work around: I plugged my Brother fax machine directly into the Verizon FiOS Optical Network Interface(ONT) in one of the phone jacks in the back of the terminal. I start the fax transmission. I get a busy signal. The fax is not sent. What am I doing wrong? Verizon has to know about this problem. Would I have to have a second line installed? Do I need a stronger phone cable? Thanks in advance.

I found a resolution to the problem. Set it up correctly and it will work!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Since these forums are mutual self-help, you should give some details about the solution you discovered.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Since these forums are mutual self-help, you should give some details about the solution you discovered.
    I just had the telephone wire and cordless phone plugged in a multi line phone adapter a long with a line plugged from it to the Genie. I disconnected one of them and the fax machine had a dial tone. I also took the line from the fax machine and plugged it directly in the back of the Verizon ONT. The little square black ONT for small apartments. Problem solved. Now faxing! I guess I'm a teacher now. Yowza...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    I just had the telephone wire and cordless phone plugged in a multi line phone adapter a long with a line plugged from it to the Genie. I disconnected one of them and the fax machine had a dial tone. I also took the line from the fax machine and plugged it directly in the back of the Verizon ONT. The little square black ONT for small apartments. Problem solved. Now faxing! I guess I'm a teacher now. Yowza...

I believe the DIRECTV line being plugged in at the same time in the back of the ON THE causes the Fax machine to lose dial tone. So I disconnect that line from the back of the ONT. Then the Fax machine gets a dial tone. (A better clarification)