Thread: Restoring SMS from backups??

Feedback Score

Restoring SMS from backups??

Hi,

I accidentally blew away a few SMS threads with a few contacts of mine (call them A, B, C) - I had meant to simply delete one SMS message but in my haste to get on with other things I accidentally got rid of the entire SMS threads for those contacts. I didn't know that I had done this for about a week. In the interim, I continued to receive/send SMS with other contacts (call them X, Y, Z).

I have a backup of my phone from just before I blew the SMS threads away.

What I'd like to know is, can I do a (for lack of a better term) 'merge restore' of the SMS threads - ie. restore all the missing SMS messages for A, B, C without screwing up the threads for X, Y, Z? If so, how do I do this? I'm using a fully patched Classsic.

Thanks for any ideas.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Which BlackBerry model?

If memory serves, on BBOS one could use desktop manager to selectively restore individual databases. But in this case, when you restore the database you overwrite the entire database.

BlackBerry Link does not provide the functionality to selectively restore an individual database to a BB10 device. There would be no way to restore just the SMS database.

If you have been using an app, for example Ultimate Backup, and you have been backing up SMS, then you may have options to just restore the single database to the BB10 device using the app. I haven't done it myself and so couldn't give personal experience.
    - Ira