Thread: AT&T Alcatel Onetouch Allura 5056O Softbricked

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

AT&T Alcatel Onetouch Allura 5056O Softbricked

I have a recently-acquired AT&T-branded Alcatel Onetouch Allura 5056O. In trying to remove Kingroot and replace with SuperSU, the phone became softbricked - at boot time it gets stuck on the AT&T worldglobe screen, immediately after the music and animation plays. Not a boot loop, just a halt. Infrequently it skips the boot animation, switches to the "Android is starting..." screen, with a never-ending circle animation. Sometimes when I plug it in, adb devices shows it as a device, at which time I can shell into the phone, and even acquire root in the shell. Most times, however, it shows it as unconfirmed, and sometimes it doesn't show at all.

If absolutely necessary, I'll start poking around in /system to see what changed on 20170710 (the last day it was running; i.e. /system/etc shows install-recovery.sh changed that date, with .installed_su_daemon created that date holding "1"), but ideally I'd love to find a One Touch Update file to just re-load the stock Lolipop 5.1.1 ROM. I have looked the usual places (alcatel-mobile, AT&T's useless website, etc.) with no joy.

If anyone can point me in a direction of the OTU for this phone, or has different suggestions on how to get this thing running again, I'd really appreciate it.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    XDA Forums
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    XDA Forums
    Um, no. Already there, posted a link to the many Alcatel ROMs and support files I have been able to collect thus far, which to help anyone else here is:

https://www.multcloud.com/share/0377...b-dbe8c7eb2cc8

...but no, XDA doesn't have any 5056O ROMs or OTU. In fact, all of the links in the main Alcatel ROM thread are dead, which is why I started collecting them in the first place. Can't ask for help if I'm not willing to help others, now, can I?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You won't get any help here. XDA is much more advanced and has more expertise than anything here on HoFo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    You won't get any help here. XDA is much more advanced and has more expertise than anything here on HoFo.
    Shame, but thank you. This is the first time I've ever been told to go away because a technical help forum is neither technical, nor helpful. Good to know.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Nobody is telling you to go away. And this forum is definitely not technical. Or at least far less technical than XDA.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Did you get it fixed?

Sent from my LG-E980 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Did you get it fixed?
    Nope. Phone sitting in the box waiting for the time when someone liberates a ROM from Alcatel. (Because it's an AT&T branded phone, their only "solution" is for me to send the phone in and pay to have it flashed.)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSaw View Post
    Nope. Phone sitting in the box waiting for the time when someone liberates a ROM from Alcatel. (Because it's an AT&T branded phone, their only "solution" is for me to send the phone in and pay to have it flashed.)
    That sucks. My son has been using that phone since September and it's pretty crappy and laggy/buggy. I picked him up a nice condition used LG G5 off eBay for $67 with shipping using a 15% off coupon last month

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app