Thread: Use Callingmart PIN to open new GoPhone account??

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr FIDO
    Feedback Score

Use Callingmart PIN to open new GoPhone account??

To create (open/activate) a new GoPhone account, can I buy a PIN from Callingmart ($45.00) and use that when I Activate at

https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhone...=activatePayGo
    FIDO Network

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I have done that in the past.

Verizon iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black & Verizon iPad Pro 9.7 32 GB Space Gray
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Yes, you can. When you buy a refill card just make certain it isn't an RTR or real time refill.

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    "*Have a prepaid PIN code ready to fund your new account (*unless you want to pay AT&T directly, which includes taxes/fees)."

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-amp-T-GoPhone

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Whether taxes are collected depends upon where the PIN is purchased. If the PIN is purchased in a state where the seller has a nexus and the state imposes taxes, taxes are due upon purchase of the prepaid card.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    That's not entirely accurate about taxes with AT&T Prepaid which collects taxes for each phone line if autopay is setup with AT&T which is a different tax than the one levied on refill card purchases.

AT&T Prepaid is different than Cricket which does not charge a per line tax.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wasn't this thread about the taxes assessed or not assessed on prepaid card purchases? CallingMart does not collect taxes because it is not located in the states which impose the taxes. It is required to collect taxes only on sales in Florida, if Florida imposes taxes. The failure of the seller to collect taxes does not relieve the buyer of payment of the taxes. If there are funds in the account, AT&T will collect fees regardless of the source of the funds. It is a matter of timing. One's account refill date has to be such that the funds are gone on the day the carrier attempts to collect the fees.
    Last edited by efparri; 07-16-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Feedback Score
    Using Calling Mart autopay avoids the 2 types of taxes with AT&T Prepaid: point of sale collected and AT&T Prepaid collected. Calling Mary autopay provides a lower cost for a single line tha AT&T Prepaid autopay.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Using Calling Mart autopay avoids the 2 types of taxes with AT&T Prepaid: point of sale collected and AT&T Prepaid collected. Calling Mary autopay provides a lower cost for a single line tha AT&T Prepaid autopay.
    I am on the prepaid unlimited data Connect Pass for $29.99 a month. But there is also a data connect pass for $30 a month for 6GB. Callingmart does not have a $29.99 pin and maybe AT&T would get confused with the $30 pin and view the plan as 6GB rather than unlimited? Plus, one has to call in and speak to a CSR with a callingmart pin. When I called in earlier today, one CSR said she doesn't deal with my plan. Another CSR was cool and knew what she was doing. There is no way to refill the callingmart pin for my plan on my own when I log into my account at attbuyasession.com

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr FIDO
    Feedback Score
    So I'm reading 2 things here. I'm looking at the $5 pre paid with 6GB plan. I have a SIM from ebay. I will have to activate the SIM and buy the plan. I just need this for 1 month. I'll be doing this by wifi at a Mcdonalds so I don't have a lot of security so I wanted to buy a PIN from callingmart ahead of time. I'm from Canada and will do this as soon as I enter the US. I read that a text is sent so I have to be within ATT service, this is why I have to wait. I just want to make sure the $45 PIN from callingmart will cover the activation/plan purchase.

Do I have the right plan or am I missing something?