Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Metro Plans?

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    I think the main problem people would have with the 30 dollar plan is a month or so ago they made it 2gb for 30. I don't think they offered it as a limited time promotion or anything, so it's just odd they would take away data on it all of a sudden. I think the 6gb for 40 is a pretty good deal, but dropping down the 30 plan from 2 to 1 seems like a bad move. You don't see major mvno's or prepaid carriers reducing data on the lower tiered plans often.
    It is strange to lower the allowance but I would guess it's because more and more opted for the 30.00 plan than they wanted to.

Cricket is 1GB for 30.00, 40.00 (or 35.00)for 4GB. GoPhone I believe is the same or in the ballpark.

They probably offer the 30.00 plan because they have to have something in that price range for the uber frugal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    yes exactly they go from 2 to 1 gb.

prices should go down, not up, because of improving technology.

i am on boost now getting 3 gb at $35/30 so metropcs is not very competitive.

i could also get half off the boost unlimited plan at $25 a month if i want a family plan but i don't have a family.

so they are willing to offer low prices but not easy to qualify.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    It is strange to lower the allowance but I would guess it's because more and more opted for the 30.00 plan than they wanted to.

Cricket is 1GB for 30.00, 40.00 (or 35.00)for 4GB. GoPhone I believe is the same or in the ballpark.

They probably offer the 30.00 plan because they have to have something in that price range for the uber frugal.

Yea I agree. It's just weird for them to up it then lower it in such a short period of time. I can see how some would negativity view that. If they didn't up it to begin with I don't think anyone would of cared they didn't add to it because as you said the 1gb for 30 falls in line with everyone else. The one thing I've had someone tell me, I don't personally use metro but know a few who do, is that ever since they switched to the new 40 dollar 6gb plan they don't have the option to turn the data saver thing on or off anymore in the my metro app. Makes me wonder if they capped the new plans at 480p video only. It's that or the person who told me that just doesn't know what they are doing lol.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    They will find out in a few months people will choose another service vs bump up to a bigger plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    ^^This^^ I understand that dealers have to make a living, but there are none within 30 miles of where I live and the ones that do exist are in places I don't routinely go for any reason. I might try Metro if it were possible to do everything online. Personally, I find that using a dealer is a hindrance about 90% of the time since I know more about how things are supposed to work than they do. I know other people that simply won't go to a dealer--if it isn't an online deal it doesn't exist for them.
    I'll chose a dealer if porting in since one get's the $70. port in credit, dealer only. Besides, they threw in a case on one of my purchases.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    I'll chose a dealer if porting in since one get's the $70. port in credit, dealer only. Besides, they threw in a case on one of my purchases.
    This is the point people are making. Why not offer that port credit online? Why make someone go to a dealer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    This is the point people are making. Why not offer that port credit online? Why make someone go to a dealer?
    Not to mention, Metro pays out a kickback for each activation at a dealer. It would save Metro money to cut out dealers and go 100% online. They could actually lower prices. Unfortunately, T-Mobile COO thinks retail is still important. Dealers are nothing but middle men. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to activate a phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Not to mention, Metro pays out a kickback for each activation at a dealer. It would save Metro money to cut out dealers and go 100% online. They could actually lower prices. Unfortunately, T-Mobile COO thinks retail is still important. Dealers are nothing but middle men. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to activate a phone.
    If these companies took your advice, they would lose a big chunk of their customers. I have business lines on Metro and Cricket, and formerly Boost (sad/sorry network) and I see quite a few customers coming in with physically broken phones, o/s problems, and paying their monthly service plan. No company is going that route (except for a few) as with most people, it's not always about the lowest price. Even WalMart with their Total Wireless, WM Family Mobile, Tracfone, has at least a electronics rep to help. The outlier would be a company like Consumer Cellular, but maybe a reason why they have high turnover..no stores and still expensive.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They will find out in a few months people will choose another service vs bump up to a bigger plan.
    Who would they choose for that 30.00 plan?

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    im not sure what metros going to with plan changing? but i do know that t-mobile said that they are not worry about metro for this quarter and they dont plan on doing any crazy sales/plans because metro gain a huge amount of customers..read this somewhere a few weeks ago....so i think t-mobile is more focus on postpaid

Feedback Score
    i think there is more demand for the $30 plan but metropcs wants to increase the average each user pays so they are trying to force people to pay more by making the 30 plan worse.

boost had a 30/25 plan and took it away in about a month likely for the same reason, it was too popular.

when a carrier changes prices so fast they have problems.

if they get too few new customers they will make the 30 plan better.

i would like to see the numbers of how many are on each plan. i bet most are on the 30 plan.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Who would they choose for that 30.00 plan?
    Boost, Tracfone $10 for 1 gig. Virgin was $30 for 5g until last month. Lots more.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Boost, Tracfone $10 for 1 gig. Virgin was $30 for 5g until last month. Lots more.
    I'm not including the MVNO space as I said earlier. Besides, that 10.00 add on has to be attached to another plan doesn't it? I saw the 20.00 a month TF plan with 300 minutes and 1000 texts plus 1GB of data. It's a good deal if you can stay within those limits.

Boost is no longer an option and neither is Virgin so I'll ask again (rephrased a bit different) who has a better 30.00 plan than Metro that is offered directly by the carrier or one of its wholly owned subsidiaries?

For a measly 5.00 a month more, Boost and Cricket (using auto pay) are much better deals.

Feedback Score
    boost is $35/30 for 3 gb so on auto pay is 30 plus taxes.

virgin is iphone only and $50 but before that was $35 for 5 gb.

metropcs is going backwards from 2 gb to 1. perhaps there next plan will be $30 for 500 mb.

tmobile use to have $30 for 5 gb but killed that plan.

i guess as technology improves and data gets cheaper T-Mobile has to raise prices. This is a sign of not enough competition.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post

i guess as technology improves and data gets cheaper T-Mobile has to raise prices. This is a sign of not enough competition.
    There was an article about how T-Mobile will gradually raise prices enough to be in the same league as the big two. If Sprint and T-Mobile merge (which I think happens) the days of dirt cheap plans are history.
    You must be young as I can remember paying 150.00 for voice minutes alone.
    Technology has driven the cost lower.

You can hedge against this by purchasing stock in the three companies. Be part of those that will benefit from only 3 carriers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3