Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Purchase Prepaid Smartphone on Verizon website for existing Prepaid account

Device(s)
    Moto E4 (XT1767PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Purchase Prepaid Smartphone on Verizon website for existing Prepaid account

Has anyone tried to purchase a prepaid smartphone on Verizon's website to use with an existing Verizon Prepaid account? I am on the $40 3GB Prepaid plan and I wanted to purchase a new device, but the checkout wants me to pay for a month of service and pick a new number for the phone. Customer service reps are telling me that everything should work fine and the $40 paid for service can transfer to my current Prepaid account, but just wanted to check if anyone has done this with no issues. I just don't want to have to pay $40 for the month of service and then lose it when I move the phone over to my current account.

Feedback Score
    Yeah it'll work. When you get your new phone and sim just start an IM chat and give them your account details and new SIM card number. The $40 credit will be applied to your original account.

Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    No that is not true you will half to pay for the first month. Of service when you checkout your order

Sent from my VS987 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto E4 (XT1767PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    OK, so I have one yes, it will work and one no, I will lose the $40 for the month of service purchased. Maybe I will just go for it and hopefully I will be able to get the $40 credited to my account? I wish they would have an option to just purchase the phone as long as you are logged into your account...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenman22 View Post
    OK, so I have one yes, it will work and one no, I will lose the $40 for the month of service purchased. Maybe I will just go for it and hopefully I will be able to get the $40 credited to my account? I wish they would have an option to just purchase the phone as long as you are logged into your account...
    See this here - https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/820312

Device(s)
    Moto E4 (XT1767PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Seems like that thread is regarding Postpaid service...I am on Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Im not sure if that applies to his prepaid question he is asking about that thread sounds like a postpaid plan trying to buy a phone outright without losing unlimited data. Unless I read wrong

Feedback Score
    I bought a Motorola G Play for $49 bucks on eBay. I called Verizon Prepaid customer service number. I selected billing question then said speak to a representative. The gentleman transferred my existing service from Moto G 2015 to the new one with no hassle. He also changed my plan to the $50 dollar 7 GB plan without me asking him to do it. I spent an hour with the rep programming the phone. When it was finally programmed I asked when was my due date to top up again. The rep said the 26th of July. Which is right! I said thank you and hung up. I did not exchange a debit or credit card to make a payment. I would say - I bought a new phone and would like to put it on my current account. They will understand what you want. Then you shouldn't have any problems. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto E4 (XT1767PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    I bought a Motorola G Play for $49 bucks on eBay. I called Verizon Prepaid customer service number. I selected billing question then said speak to a representative. The gentleman transferred my existing service from Moto G 2015 to the new one with no hassle. He also changed my plan to the $50 dollar 7 GB plan without me asking him to do it. I spent an hour with the rep programming the phone. When it was finally programmed I asked when was my due date to top up again. The rep said the 26th of July. Which is right! I said thank you and hung up. I did not exchange a debit or credit card to make a payment. I would say - I bought a new phone and would like to put it on my current account. They will understand what you want. Then you shouldn't have any problems. Good luck!

I have no doubts that the phone will be able to be activated on my current account. My main question was, since I needed to purchase a month of prepaid service and assign a new number to the phone upon purchase, will the $40 paid be able to be transferred over to my existing prepaid account. I purchased a Moto E4 yesterday, so I guess I will see how it all works out once I receive the device and get a hold of customer service to get it activated on my account. The first reply on this thread said yes, so I just went for it.

Feedback Score
    If you are buying a new phone and want to replace your old phone. You can do it. First buy a Verizon Prepaid phone i.e. on their website, eBay or Amazon. Tell the rep I bought a new phone and would like to use it in place of the other phone. I did exactly the same thing. I did not have to put $50 on the new phone. My Moto E had a glitch. I sent it to Motorola to have it repaired. Motorola sent me a Moto G 3G in return. I activated the Moto G and had to put $50 on it. Not my fault. See the difference? In the first case - Verizon activated the new phone, transferred my existing number, data and days left on my account to the new phone. I did not have to pay $50 dollars plus tax to do it. What is different from what you are trying to do? Explain to me so I can understand you better.

Feedback Score
    You can only have one phone per account not multiple ones. If this is what you are asking. Maybe I'm wrong.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 (XT1767PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The difference is that when you buy a Prepaid smartphone on Verizon's website, you must purchase a month of service along with the device. They don't give an option to purchase the device by itself. Anyway, all worked as the customer service reps and one other person on this thread said. Here are the steps I took in case anyone has the same question:

1. Purchased the phone (Moto E4) along with $40 for a month of prepaid service from Verizonwireless.com.
    2. During checkout, selected a random new phone number to initially activate the device on.
    3. Once the order was processed, I received an email stating that the new phone was activated with a new phone number.
    4. After I received the new device, before turning it on, I went on a Live Chat with a prepaid customer service rep and said I wanted to activate a device I purchased on the Verizon website and have the $40 service I paid for credited to my existing account.
    5. After giving my account details to the rep, they activated the device to my current Prepaid account and credited my account with $40.

Overall, it was a very easy process, but it would be nicer if Verizon would give an option to purchase the device only as long as you can verify that you are a current Prepaid subscriber.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenman22 View Post
    Has anyone tried to purchase a prepaid smartphone on Verizon's website to use with an existing Verizon Prepaid account? I am on the $40 3GB Prepaid plan and I wanted to purchase a new device, but the checkout wants me to pay for a month of service and pick a new number for the phone. Customer service reps are telling me that everything should work fine and the $40 paid for service can transfer to my current Prepaid account, but just wanted to check if anyone has done this with no issues. I just don't want to have to pay $40 for the month of service and then lose it when I move the phone over to my current account.

I called customer service and asked to speak to someone about purchasing a prepaid phone. The rep transferred me to what I think was prepaid sales. I told the rep I already had a prepaid account and just wanted to buy a phone from them without having to buy airtime or open a new account. The rep processed JUST the phone sale and I received the phone in a couple of days. The phone had a SIM in it, I just pulled that SIM out before powering on the phone and put my already active SIM in and everything just worked.

Feedback Score
    Chickenman22 - you don't make any damn sense. You can't buy a phone outright from Verizon Prepaid's website but they did what you asked in your question in the forum. Drink more wine and post another stupid question.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 (XT1767PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    OK, well I wanted to see if anyone had done what I was trying to do and see how it worked out for them before I went ahead with it. Sorry for wasting your time....Also, I don't drink, so have a nice day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast