Thread: My Account Downloader app

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3, Samsung Galaxy A30, Samsung Galaxy Luna, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Question My Account Downloader app

I have a "My Account Downloader" app preinstalled on my Tracfone. Is this different from the "My Account" app in the Play Store? It has a different icon.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yaccount&hl=en

Also, if I install the "My Account" app from the Play Store onto a Android tablet, or a non-Tracfone phone, could I be able to use it, or does the app need to be installed on the phone you want to check your balance on in order for it to function?

Feedback Score
    The downloader app is different from the MyAccount app. It may not even work. But, all it does is take you to the PLAYSTORE to download the MyAccount app. The MyAccount app runs on any Android. It may not work on a WiFi only tablet, don't remember. You will need to log into your account to check balances on phones other than the one you are running the app on.

Update. Just installed it on my WiFi only tablet and it seems to work. I had to log in with my account user/password and then it showed me all the phones on my account.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    The downloader app is different from the MyAccount app. It may not even work. But, all it does is take you to the PLAYSTORE to download the MyAccount app.
    LOL that's funny. Thanks for explaining.
    I will just download the My Account app directly from the Play Store and give it a try. I'll try it on my WiFi-only Amazon Fire tablet.

Device(s)
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (BYOP AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    The downloader app is different from the MyAccount app. It may not even work. But, all it does is take you to the PLAYSTORE to download the MyAccount app. The MyAccount app runs on any Android. It may not work on a WiFi only tablet, don't remember. You will need to log into your account to check balances on phones other than the one you are running the app on.

Update. Just installed it on my WiFi only tablet and it seems to work. I had to log in with my account user/password and then it showed me all the phones on my account.
    So, the MyAccount app used to not require a login to check the balance on the phone it is installed on, but now it does seem to require login. That really stinks as I have 5 people's phones on my account and I don't want to login to the account on each person's phone. I guess I will just keep an eye on all of them myself.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I installed the Tracfone My Account app on my Amazon Fire 7 (running Nexus ROM) and the app seems to work OK so far. It only works in portrait but no big deal.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycatblues View Post
    So, the MyAccount app used to not require a login to check the balance on the phone it is installed on, but now it does seem to require login. That really stinks as I have 5 people's phones on my account and I don't want to login to the account on each person's phone. I guess I will just keep an eye on all of them myself.
    You still do not need to login to check the balance of the phone where the app is running. Member cv91913 had to login because he ran the app on a Wifi tablet (which has no phone number); without logging in, the app wouldn't know which account info to display.

Feedback Score
    It prompts you to log in, but if installed on a phone on TracFone, just back out of the login screen and it will eventually display the balance for that device. If you want to see balances for other phones, then you'd have to log in to the MyAccount app.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycatblues View Post

Device(s)
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (BYOP AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You still do not need to login to check the balance of the phone where the app is running. Member cv91913 had to login because he ran the app on a Wifi tablet (which has no phone number); without logging in, the app wouldn't know which account info to display.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    It prompts you to log in, but if installed on a phone on TracFone, just back out of the login screen and it will eventually display the balance for that device. If you want to see balances for other phones, then you'd have to log in to the MyAccount app.
    Thanks, after I posted this I realized it was prompting me to login because I was setting up FIL's new phone via wi-fi and hadn't actually transferred the service to the BYOP SIM yet. DOH!

Feedback Score
    My Sky doesn't do this. When I open the app, the device that shows up is an inactive U2. Otherwise, I need to log in. However, on my LG Treasure, that balance shows up. It really is no biggie on the Sky. I get the text message balance.

Feedback Score
    Log in to the app, and if you see the Sky, select/star it as the default, log out, then see if that keeps the Sky as the default for that phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    My Sky doesn't do this. When I open the app, the device that shows up is an inactive U2. Otherwise, I need to log in. However, on my LG Treasure, that balance shows up. It really is no biggie on the Sky. I get the text message balance.

Feedback Score
    Log in to the app, and if you see the Sky, select/star it as the default, log out, then see if that keeps the Sky as the default for that phone.
    It was the default. I just changed it to my Treasure and back again. Back to normal.

Feedback Score
    Is the "MyAccount app" still the best option? I can't seem to get it to work...

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ballerblocking0 View Post
    Is the "MyAccount app" still the best option? I can't seem to get it to work...
    You can't get the MyAccount app to show your balance, or you can't get the downloader to download the MyAccount app? What happened when you ran the app?