Page 49 of 134 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Device(s)
    Essential
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Free Year
    Feedback Score
    The end date to sign up for the 1 year free has been changed from 7/31/17 to Limited Time Offer in the fine print. In the FAQ it still shows 7/31/17 as the end date.

Also, the one year free savings date has been changed in a couple of places to 9/30/18. In the FAQ it still shows as 7/31/18.
    LG Fusic-->Samsung Instinct-->Samsung Moment--> Samsung Epic--> Samsung S3-->Samsung S4-->ZTE Zmax-->LG G4-->Moto G5 Plus-->Essential

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max, Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My number port finally went through last night and my speeds are 3G to 1x. *sigh* I can't even do a speed test.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelita View Post
    My number port finally went through last night and my speeds are 3G to 1x. *sigh* I can't even do a speed test.
    Sometimes LTE takes a while to take effect. Power cycle a couple of times and run any Activate or Update items in the menus. If the Sprint coverage map shows you are in a good data coverage area, something is probably wrong.

Also check the ICCID everywhere it is listed (including online) and see that they are all the same. If it is wrong, LTE will not work.
    Last edited by comintel; 07-28-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    Update Profile and PRL. Make sure your phone is set to LTE or Auto. Otherwise it can depend on where you are. I get ok LTE speed for a single band phone. 3G can be up to 2 Mbps or so, which is ok.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    This promo is a PITA. I have an unlocked att iphone SE (on the list) but it says device not acceptable. Sprint store can't add to DNA and employees didn't want to be bothered.
    Who is the carrier of your current phone number ? Sometimes the number is what gives the error message.

Feedback Score
    This promo is a PITA. I have an unlocked att iphone SE (on the list) but it says device not acceptable. Sprint store can't add to DNA and employees didn't want to be bothered.
    Try checking it on Ting a few times a day apart. Ting has added code to automatically add it (this is only for iPhones, maybe not all of them though). Otherwise check on SlickDeals or call Sprint at the number for this offer and they can work on adding it, particularly since it is explicitly listed as supported.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max, Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Sometimes LTE takes a while to take effect. Power cycle a couple of times and run any Activate or Update items in the menus. If the Sprint coverage map shows you are in a good data coverage area, something is probably wrong.

Also check the ICCID everywhere it is listed (including online) and see that they are all the same. If it is wrong, LTE will not work.
    Thank you for your replies! I went to the Sprint store and showed him my speeds (or lack thereof lol). He said I was in a "fair" area and showed me a link in the Sprint App to report bad data speeds so I will do that daily. I also signed up for the waiting list on the Sprint Magic Box so we will see.....

While driving around town, I did get LTE speeds everywhere else after a bit of tweaking in the phone for data roaming, etc. It just sucks where I live.

I also have an S8 so I'm going to a different Sprint store this afternoon to see if they will give me a SIM for that phone to see if I would have better coverage and swap phones when I want to. They said I needed to go to a repair store since the sim cards he kept trying for the S8 didn't work. We shall see...

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    Who is the carrier of your current phone number ? Sometimes the number is what gives the error message.
    I purchased it from cricket and got it unlocked.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Try checking it on Ting a few times a day apart. Ting has added code to automatically add it (this is only for iPhones, maybe not all of them though). Otherwise check on SlickDeals or call Sprint at the number for this offer and they can work on adding it, particularly since it is explicitly listed as supported.
    Thanks!! Will try this

Feedback Score
    Thanks!! Will try this
    Unfortunately I would check the specs of your iPhone SE and if it does not have band 41, which is Sprint's high-speed band, then prospects may not be good after all. Sorry for possibly giving false hope for this phone.

According to articles like https://www.pcmag.com/news/343091/th...rrier-agnostic this phone would not work well on Sprint. According to posts in the Slick Deals thread, at least the Verizon iPhone SE cannot be activated under this deal for this reason.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10235008-on...#post102935988

I am not sure about the AT&T phone but it may be the same. Without band 41, I would not suggest using it on Sprint anyway.
    Last edited by comintel; 07-28-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your replies! I went to the Sprint store and showed him my speeds (or lack thereof lol). He said I was in a "fair" area and showed me a link in the Sprint App to report bad data speeds so I will do that daily. I also signed up for the waiting list on the Sprint Magic Box so we will see.....

While driving around town, I did get LTE speeds everywhere else after a bit of tweaking in the phone for data roaming, etc. It just sucks where I live.

I also have an S8 so I'm going to a different Sprint store this afternoon to see if they will give me a SIM for that phone to see if I would have better coverage and swap phones when I want to. They said I needed to go to a repair store since the sim cards he kept trying for the S8 didn't work. We shall see...
    Sim needed for a Sprint S8 is SIMOLW416Q or SIMGLW416Q. However if the S8 was bought for use on another carrier, indications are they will not approve it unfortunately as it would have to be flashed. Or did they approve it already?

Unfortunately "fair coverage area" is pretty much a code-word for "poor coverage area" and you will probably have to wait for the Magic Box to get good reception at your house. That will be a couple of months assuming you are approved. (They are approving a lot of people - I got approved after a one month wait but it will be "The Fall" before they have inventory).

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately "fair coverage area" is pretty much a code-word for "poor coverage area" and you will probably have to wait for the Magic Box to get good reception at your house. That will be a couple of months assuming you are approved. (They are approving a lot of people - I got approved after a one month wait but it will be "The Fall" before they have inventory).
    SOON™ Couldn't resist.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    I had sprint pcs from 1996-2004. I lived in Kansas City literally down the street from its headquarters so service was impeccable when I was in school from 1996-2000. But service sucked in NYC and than D.C. From 2000-2004. I have a work phone with sprint at hospital from 2014 onwards and without the sprint cell phone towers inside the hospital. Coverage would be non existent. Obviously sprint gave hospital what they wanted in return for a big contract. But outside hospital. My sprint coverage is very average (I'm in central Florida area) I also have Verizon and att (my main). So sprint isn't that great in central Florida. Free service for a year is great if sprint is good in your area. I have unlocked iPhones 6s and 7 that are fully compatible with sprint. But my wife would kill me if we switch our three lines even if it's free. Cause she's seen her three of her very good friends switch to sprint for the savings and they are going back to att and Verizon respectively in September when new iPhone comes out.

Feedback Score
    That's because Sprint has a different model number for the iPhone SE. Look on Apple's website and you will see that there are 2 models of the SE. One has Sprint's band 41 but does not have Verizon's band 13. The other model has band 13 on Verizon but lacks band 41 for Sprint. If you go to Apple and buy their universal unlocked SE, you get the model that does not have Sprint's band 41.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max, Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sim needed for a Sprint S8 is SIMOLW416Q or SIMGLW416Q. However if the S8 was bought for use on another carrier, indications are they will not approve it unfortunately as it would have to be flashed. Or did they approve it already?

I did go to the repair store and got the sim card but...can't add it to my account, won't go through. Oh well... The phone is unlocked. I had read where someone earlier in the thread said you can't add another phone for 120 days but then someone else said it worked for them. I get an error.

I had an Airave years ago and it was great. If I can get the Magic Box, things should improve. I was going to eventually port my main number from Verizon over but will have to wait to see if things improve with the Magic Box. Would be interested to see when you get the Magic Box. At least there's hope lol.

OT: I did see where Charter may buy or merge with Sprint. I'd run from that for sure! I'll just hang onto my free year for now and see what happens.

Page 49 of 134 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 99 ... LastLast