Thread: LTE Roaming

Device(s)
    LG V30
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

LTE Roaming

Have been roaming with Freedom for the last 5 days or so. From what I have seen, there have been announcements stating that LTE Roaming is supported through Bell, and that has been my experience up until today. Today I have noticed that my phone is now connecting not only to Bell, but also to Rogers and also occasionally AT&T both for LTE. I haven't seen any official announcements stating that they have added additional Away LTE Partners. Anyone else know anything about this?

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo24 View Post
    Have been roaming with Freedom for the last 5 days or so. From what I have seen, there have been announcements stating that LTE Roaming is supported through Bell, and that has been my experience up until today. Today I have noticed that my phone is now connecting not only to Bell, but also to Rogers and also occasionally AT&T both for LTE. I haven't seen any official announcements stating that they have added additional Away LTE Partners. Anyone else know anything about this?
    I started LTE roaming on Rogers this week also...

ATT has been around for a while.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    As of June 1, Freedom subs have LTE roaming with either Bell or Rogers in AB & BC.
    Looks like ON too!

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Another tidbit on the what's new front.. Shaw's Victoria call centre is being converted to a dedicated Freedom Mobile centre. They've started training already, expect to be fully operational by December. An international call centre will be closed.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (formerly Wind)
    Feedback Score
    So...........this means Victoria is being added as a new Home 3g/LTE city?
    I will never buy an HTC ever again! (two broke within 4 years, which were well taken care of)

Learn about price collusion, https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...n_of_canadian/ Canada has the highest utility rates in the G7 countries. Say no to price collusion, be informed of the CCTS, Industry Canada and the CRTC. The working class needs affordability in today's society.

Feedback Score
    How do you guys check which partner is being used when you are roaming? I have an iphone.

Device(s)
    LG V30
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    How do you guys check which partner is being used when you are roaming? I have an iphone.
    Not sure how to do this on an iPhone, or even if there is a way, as I've never owned, used, or held an iPhone. On Android, I use an app that gives me a ton of information about my connection, including the Mobile Country Code (MCC) and Mobile Network Code (MNC) for GSM, UMTS, and LTE Networks. Using the MNC, I can see if I'm connected to Bell (610), Rogers (720) or Freedom (490) or Videotron (500). Personally unsure of what Telus' MNC is as I've never connected with them.

The app I use is called Network Cell Info, however my friends tell me that it is not available on iPhone, however there may be similar ones, I'm not sure.

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Not sure how to do this on an iPhone, or even if there is a way, as I've never owned, used, or held an iPhone. On Android, I use an app that gives me a ton of information about my connection, including the Mobile Country Code (MCC) and Mobile Network Code (MNC) for GSM, UMTS, and LTE Networks. Using the MNC, I can see if I'm connected to Bell (610), Rogers (720) or Freedom (490) or Videotron (500). Personally unsure of what Telus' MNC is as I've never connected with them.

The app I use is called Network Cell Info, however my friends tell me that it is not available on iPhone, however there may be similar ones, I'm not sure.
    You can read the carrier name from the SIM card on the top of your phone's screen...

HOME is Freedom
    AWAY is Rogers
    Bell is, well Bell

I haven't been near Quebec, so I don't know what Videotron says...

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Telus MNC is 220.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Device(s)
    Samsung s8+
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    mine on my nexus 6p just show's
    home
    away
    away
    away

Freedom Mobile
    Line 1:
    $59 LTE Plan for $59
    Line 2: $45 Unlimited everything a month $45

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyis911 View Post
    mine on my nexus 6p just show's
    home
    away
    away
    away
    As mentioned above, on Android Network Cell Info is good for showing the how/what/who of your current connection.
    Really quite an excellent app, actively maintained by a cellular network expert.
    (Raw tab for detail)

MNC
    220 Telus
    490 Freedom
    500 Videotron
    610 Bell
    720 Rogers

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Freedom is adding coverage in Victoria - how do we know? We have seen news articles about tower placements several times now . From my understanding the network will be pretty wide in Victoria.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app