Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81

Thread: Claure 3rd most hated CEO

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0

    Claure 3rd most hated CEO

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffkau.../#3924e17646c9

    Claure was voted the 3rd most hated CEO in this poll, not surprising given sprints bad p.r. but, what's funny is right behind him at the 4th most hated CEO? John Legere of TMobile.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    583
    Feedback Score
    0
    All Verizon fanboys that voted, I'm sure.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    583
    Feedback Score
    0
    And the Yahoo CEO is #2. Isn't she taking over Verizon soon since they were just bought out?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well maybe you'd have a point on Verizon fanboys voting except...maybe read how the information for ranking them was obtained. And no, the CEO of Yahoo is not taking over for Verizon. Maybe she can get a job at TMobile after Verizon takes over Yahoo. John always says they are hiring. She fits in with their standards.

    As for why John would make the list, it's simple, people get tired of the same old dog and pony show. Eventually you start to become old and stale and people tune you out and actually start to resent you. There's no doubt John did a good job with TMobile to make them even somewhat relevant right now, but, his schtick is starting to become stale. You'll always here TMobile shills say "TMobile knows how to market to millennials!!!" No they don't, millennials switch whenever they feel something new is in, TMobile hasn't been new and exciting in 4 years. It's been the same old dog and pony show and it's becoming stale, and in turn people are starting to resent the messenger more and more. The average TMobile customer is fastly becoming cheap middle aged men looking for free lines of service. Not exactly a strong base there.

    In many ways John's his own worst enemy, his constant complaining double talk and whining can turn people against him over att and Verizon, even if he is correct. You see this in politics all the time. I'll use the Bill Clinton scandal as an example because the current one is to much of a hot button issue. The Republicans were right, Bill lied to the American people and was caught lying, yet they beat the issue to much and went after him to hard that they became the bad guys and people rallied behind Bill feeling he was unfairly attacked. That's what John's issue is, his schtick is reaching the point where he is becoming the bad guy and people are getting tired of hearing it. It doesn't help his cause that his company has a hard time living up to the hype they set for themselves.
    Last edited by zeus4509; 05-31-2017 at 02:46 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,534
    Feedback Score
    0
    Legere is Smarmy. Reminds me of a salesman that insists you shake his hand. Sickly sweet & obnoxious.

    I think Claure is a prisoner to the warden Son. Just a puppet.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTnT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    583
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's funny though- Legere makes the most hated list but he'd probably also make some most liked lists. Goes with the territory when you're outspoken and change industries. He's already the most powerful CEO in America.

    http://www.phonearena.com/news/T-Mob...e-U.S._id89205

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    583
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Well maybe you'd have a point on Verizon fanboys voting except...maybe read how the information for ranking them was obtained. And no, the CEO of Yahoo is not taking over for Verizon. Maybe she can get a job at TMobile after Verizon takes over Yahoo. John always says they are hiring. She fits in with their standards.

    As for why John would make the list, it's simple, people get tired of the same old dog and pony show. Eventually you start to become old and stale and people tune you out and actually start to resent you. There's no doubt John did a good job with TMobile to make them even somewhat relevant right now, but, his schtick is starting to become stale. You'll always here TMobile shills say "TMobile knows how to market to millennials!!!" No they don't, millennials switch whenever they feel something new is in, TMobile hasn't been new and exciting in 4 years. It's been the same old dog and pony show and it's becoming stale, and in turn people are starting to resent the messenger more and more. The average TMobile customer is fastly becoming cheap middle aged men looking for free lines of service. Not exactly a strong base there.

    In many ways John's his own worst enemy, his constant complaining double talk and whining can turn people against him over att and Verizon, even if he is correct. You see this in politics all the time. I'll use the Bill Clinton scandal as an example because the current one is to much of a hot button issue. The Republicans were right, Bill lied to the American people and was caught lying, yet they beat the issue to much and went after him to hard that they became the bad guys and people rallied behind Bill feeling he was unfairly attacked. That's what John's issue is, his schtick is reaching the point where he is becoming the bad guy and people are getting tired of hearing it. It doesn't help his cause that his company has a hard time living up to the hype they set for themselves.
    I agree- it could get to a point where people stop listening to him. And with wireless, it's got to be hard to keep innovating. After all, it all comes down to data, calls, and texts at the best coverage and price. Or at least some mix of all of that. So far though, I'd say his marketing strategy is working. Whether it continues to work as they build out the network and may have to raise prices remains to be seen.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,534
    Feedback Score
    0
    You are right Legere has forced a lot of good changes & cost cuttings.

    But all those changes have only stuck in the prepaid sector. TM & VZW certainly have circled round and added money per sub (forgot the industry term). The TM one plan had a lot of people here stating their bills were going up. And something VZW did also, can't remember.

    But the prepaid industry keeps slitting each others throats. Yeah prepaid!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,221
    Feedback Score
    0
    Op link is not working for me. I'm left wondering who Claure is

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,221
    Feedback Score
    0

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,221
    Feedback Score
    0

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    It's funny though- Legere makes the most hated list but he'd probably also make some most liked lists. Goes with the territory when you're outspoken and change industries. He's already the most powerful CEO in America.

    http://www.phonearena.com/news/T-Mob...e-U.S._id89205
    No he's not, may wanna read the link.....it says in wireless.....he's far from the most powerful CEO in America...being powerful and well liked are 2 totally different things. Marcelo Claure is a powerful CEO, well liked? Not so much.

    Has his style worked? To an extent. It works as long as people are getting free stuff from his company. Is that revolutionary? Not really. It's giving away stuff to stay relevant. As I've said his style eventually becomes stale after a while and people tune him out. He can actually bash so much he turns the people he's bashing into the "good guys" in the situation. I truly believe he sees TMobile through one of these 10000 purposed mergers and he walks away. Hes already peaked and there's nowhere to go but down. Unless, he can totally revamp himself. Time will tell.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,170
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    It's funny though- Legere makes the most hated list but he'd probably also make some most liked lists. Goes with the territory when you're outspoken and change industries. He's already the most powerful CEO in America.

    http://www.phonearena.com/news/T-Mob...e-U.S._id89205
    Change cuts deep sometimes. The best challengers make their competitors squirm and cause their biggest apologists to defend the indefensible.

    Going against an industry so used to screwing customers out of billions of dollars in potential revenue does make you hated among industry pundits who wanted things to stay the way they were.

    Personification of hate can come across on all levels from the CEO's to the mall kiosk boys to HoFo commentators.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Change cuts deep sometimes. The best challengers make their competitors squirm and cause their biggest apologists to defend the indefensible.

    Going against an industry so used to screwing customers out of billions of dollars in potential revenue does make you hated among industry pundits who wanted things to stay the way they were.

    Personification of hate can come across on all levels from the CEO's to the mall kiosk boys to HoFo commentators.
    Except TMobile does their fair share of screwing people also. You feel they're above screwing someone over for money? LMAO!!! They're charging 60 dollars a month for 2gb of data, they are charging extra for lte hotspot....seems you may be one of those ones you are talking about in "defending the indefensible".....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,170
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Except TMobile does their fair share of screwing people also. You feel they're above screwing someone over for money? LMAO!!! They're charging 60 dollars a month for 2gb of data, they are charging extra for lte hotspot....seems you may be one of those ones you are talking about in "defending the indefensible".....

    I've been told I'd make a terrible surgeon because I always seem to hit a nerve.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 09:55 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 03:51 PM
  3. Cell phone most hated, needed invention
    By JohnnyCNote in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 08:14 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 01:03 AM
  5. Most Hated P800 Things?
    By BlackJ in forum UIQ
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 12:46 PM

Bookmarks