Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Claure 3rd most hated CEO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    There's always prepaid.
    There is, but there is also prepaid for those thinking att or Verizon postpaid is to expensive. So it's starting to sound like you agree. All 4 carriers are pretty much the same entities, that have the same goals, and use the same tatics to try to get the consumer to spend more money with them. Which is what I've said all along. I'm not singling out TMobile for only doing this. The problem is TMobile fans don't like to hear that TMobile is no different than Verizon or att so they try to argue against it. They all are the same beast. They all use underhanded tricks and gimmicks to get the consumer to trust them and pay them money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    I would say you may be wrong. In the release for the one plan legere himself made a huge deal about "and for our customers who don't use a lot of data you can get $10 off!" He made sure to push the point home on it. Doesn't matter what it's advertised as. It matters what it is. It's ripping off low volume data users by offering only one option to them. If you don't use a lot of data on TMobile your only option is to use less than 2 and pay 65 dollars. That's it. That is ripping people off, and by bragging that people can get 10 dollars back if they use less than 2gb, it's knowingly ripping people off and being proud of the fact you are doing it. He prolly laughed like crazy afterward thinking man those people are idiots. If you walk into or call TMobile and as what are their plan options, then say well I don't need unlimited do you have anything cheaper, what are they going to push onto you? To use another carrier that offers a cheaper lower use data option? No, they will tell you if you use less than 2gb a data your cost will only be 65 a month.
    Hey what is your beef with T-Mo-Mo? Lotsa' wireless choices out there. As the saying goes, see a fool bump his head. Did T-Mo-Mo bump your head? It's ok boo boo. Life goes on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    Hey what is your beef with T-Mo-Mo? Lotsa' wireless choices out there. As the saying goes, see a fool bump his head. Did T-Mo-Mo bump your head? It's ok boo boo. Life goes on.
    Where did I say I had a beef with anyone. Again, people just just read one post and think OMG OMG OMG I GOTTA RESPOND I GOTTA RESPOND. I've actually said TMobile is no different than any other carrier. The problem comes in when you have uneducated fanboys who don't have an individual thought of their own in their heads trying to argue otherwise then throwing a fit whenever someone posts some proof that TMobile will also rip you off like any other carrier. I guess for some that would be difficult to take in wouldn't it? So instead of trying to explain why TMobile is any different they instead try to discredit the messenger. Oh well. But, back to my point. So, if TMobile is just as likely to rip people off as proven in the examples above, what exactly makes them different or their CEO any different than Verizon or att? They do it with a smile? They'll give you a magazine subscription you'd never buy on your own and a pizza while they're doing it?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    My hope is that the un-carrier doesn't turn carrier like with prices and plans. They have gone up some and after spending 8b on spectrum it's understandable when I think about it. hopefully the un-carrier deals keep coming regardless

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    95% + users can get what they need from prepaid. Except the "$199" flagship phones.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    My hope is that the un-carrier doesn't turn carrier like with prices and plans. They have gone up some and after spending 8b on spectrum it's understandable when I think about it. hopefully the un-carrier deals keep coming regardless

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Pricing wise there is really nothing uncarrier about tmobile. Their pricing on unlimited is $5 cheaper than Verizon and if you don't need or want unlimited data they are the most expensive carrier. They hide a lot of their actual carrier moves behind things such as free pizza, movie rentals, stuff like that but, they are just as carrier as anyone else. Now they do run line promos but the other carriers run phone promos. With the majority of users still buying their devices from carriers on eip agreements really, what's the difference to the consumer if you save the money on the line end or on the device end? Even the free line promos are more for their benefit than yours, it's to increase add numbers to keep the stock price high. That's really all it is. I believe the other 3 carriers will allow either a work discount or some type of discount on their service prices, TMobile doesn't on the one plan, which is the only plan new customers can get, TMobile stores will try to rip you off just as much as Verizon or att stores will, as I believe you can attest to with them telling you you needed insurance and the 5 dollar add on to get TMobile Tuesdays...there is nothing uncarrier about them, hasn't been for a while now honestly.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Sometimes where we live can have an influence on our shopping habits. For example: Someone who lives in the Retirement Capital of America may have a different opinion on her wireless needs than someone who lives in Sin City. Her opinion isn't wrong it's just her priorities may be influenced by her surroundings.

Working in and around Silicone Valley has had a strong influence on my personal shopping habits no doubt since there is only one engineer I know who uses Sprint as his main line.

What does this have to do with being the 3rd most hated CEO? I don't know either but reading this thread is akin to having someone force their religion on you.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Sometimes where we live can have an influence on our shopping habits. For example: Someone who lives in the Retirement Capital of America may have a different opinion on her wireless needs than someone who lives in Sin City. Her opinion isn't wrong it's just her priorities may be influenced by her surroundings.

Working in and around Silicone Valley has had a strong influence on my personal shopping habits no doubt since there is only one engineer I know who uses Sprint as his main line.

What does this have to do with being the 3rd most hated CEO? I don't know either but reading this thread is akin to having someone force their religion on you.
    I would disagree with this statement 100 percent. Unless the consumer is only following a crowd and needs to be told what to buy to fit in and can't make a choice for themselves. Which ironically is one of the knocks on California, to many followers just trying to fit in. You are right though, they're not wrong, they just can't make a choice for themselves. I do have to ask though, why would your thoughts, opinions or even usage of any carrier be influenced by whether or not an engineer uses that carrier or not? Unless that engineer lives with you and follows you everywhere you go his usage and service will be different than yours. Why would I or anyone else now trust your opinion on anything as an unbiased personal experience? You just openly admitted you are influenced by others in your purchasing choices. You go with what others think you should get. Again, some people are individual thinkers and can decide what works and doesn't on their own and can see thru all the marketing gimmicks and ploys companies use, others are just trying to fit in and need to be told what works for them and need those gimmicks and ploys to make a choice in life. Different strokes for different folks. When I need a new televison I don't just choose the one my friends have because it comes with a free toaster, I choose the one I want and the one that would work best for me. Strange concept, I know.

Again, my problems with TMobile are not just aimed at TMobile. All carriers lie, cheat, and manipulate to gain market share. It's what their CEOs are paid to do. My problem is with the illusion that TMobile is somehow different or above the other carriers in this regards. It's just not true. It's a marketing gimmick they created by calling themselves the "un-carrier". They created that. That's like me saying im the king and then expecting everyone to actually believe I'm a freaking king. Doesn't work that way. They are every bit as much of a carrier as the other 3. Whatever one someone wants to use is completely on them, I suggest they make the best choice for them, just don't make the choice on which one has the best commercials and which one seems like good guys. None of them are good guys and all of them will rip you off if you let them. Don't fall for gimmicks, make your choice on your needs and what you are comfortable paying to achieve those needs. Being a fanboy of any billion dollar entity is pointless. None of them have your pockets in mind. I have the same issue with Samsung knights, iPhone fanatics, iOS fanboys, Android fanboys, any of them. It's pointless to think one company is godlike and others are all evil and trying to rip you off. They all are trying to do the same thing.
    Last edited by zeus4509; 06-02-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Feedback Score
    Pricing wise there is really nothing uncarrier about tmobile. Their pricing on unlimited is $5 cheaper than Verizon and if you don't need or want unlimited data they are the most expensive carrier. They hide a lot of their actual carrier moves behind things such as free pizza, movie rentals, stuff like that but, they are just as carrier as anyone else. Now they do run line promos but the other carriers run phone promos. With the majority of users still buying their devices from carriers on eip agreements really, what's the difference to the consumer if you save the money on the line end or on the device end? Even the free line promos are more for their benefit than yours, it's to increase add numbers to keep the stock price high. That's really all it is. I believe the other 3 carriers will allow either a work discount or some type of discount on their service prices, TMobile doesn't on the one plan, which is the only plan new customers can get, TMobile stores will try to rip you off just as much as Verizon or att stores will, as I believe you can attest to with them telling you you needed insurance and the 5 dollar add on to get TMobile Tuesdays...there is nothing uncarrier about them, hasn't been for a while now honestly.
    You're conveniently leaving out taxes, which are included with T-Mobile and not Verizon. So that's $15 or so more, depending on where you live. And the basic plan is not $5 more, it's $10 more for Verizon's slower "3G heavy" network. So you've got $70 for a single line on T-Mobile ONE versus $95 on Verizon. Or you could get 5 lines on Sprint lol.

The savings get even more substantial with multiple lines. I'm pretty happy paying $100 including taxes for 3 unlimited lines with 75mbps download speeds in the mountains of Hawaii where I live. Our local "broadband" provider gave me 1-3 mbps and it was useless. About like my Verizon and Sprint experiences.

It sounds like Verizon works best for you and that's awesome. But it shouldn't be inferred that Verizon and T-Mobile are about the same price. Unless you have some secret unlimited plan that only red-wearing Verizon minions know about.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    You're conveniently leaving out taxes, which are included with T-Mobile and not Verizon. So that's $15 or so more, depending on where you live. And the basic plan is not $5 more, it's $10 more for Verizon's slower "3G heavy" network. So you've got $70 for a single line on T-Mobile ONE versus $95 on Verizon. Or you could get 5 lines on Sprint lol.

The savings get even more substantial with multiple lines. I'm pretty happy paying $100 including taxes for 3 unlimited lines with 75mbps download speeds in the mountains of Hawaii where I live. Our local "broadband" provider gave me 1-3 mbps and it was useless. About like my Verizon and Sprint experiences.

It sounds like Verizon works best for you and that's awesome. But it shouldn't be inferred that Verizon and T-Mobile are about the same price. Unless you have some secret unlimited plan that only red-wearing Verizon minions know about.
    This isn't right either. It's 85 on Verizon without autopay for unlimited LTE. That's with hd video and 10gb of LTE hotspot. It's 75 on TMobile without autopay for unlimited data and 480p video and 2g hotspot. If you want to match Verizon's plan it's 80 on TMobile, or, $5 cheaper. Seems pretty close in pricing to me. Now let's say you are a low volume data user, you can get 2gb of data for 65 on TMobile, or, 5gb of data for 55 on Verizon. Verizon is cheaper and offers more in that regard. So as you can see, the pricing difference isn't all that much. Again as far as your multilinear promotions the other carriers run their promotions on handsets instead of service costs. So again, for a consumer, what difference does it make if they are saving the money on the service cost, or the handset cost?

I hope you aren't using your TMobile line as a home internet replacement.....legere threw a fit about that before and it violates their tos.....wow.....awful carrier like of them huh?

Lastly nowhere did I say Verizon was best and everyone should use them. People should use whatever they want. You're trying to change the argument to fit your agenda. What I said was all 4 carriers have the same goals and intentions and all 4 are not above overcharging a person for service if it benefits them. This includes Verizon as they are 1 of the 4 carriers. But, there are only 4 so people have to choose 1. Choose whatever one works for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

I get it. When you're looking for wireless service, it's widely known that coverage maps are highly deceptive and unreliable. Who has time to go from carrier to carrier setting up accounts just to evaluate QoS. Next best thing is to obtain input and opinions from those around us. People are seeking recommendations, not mandates. If no one you know uses carrier X, there might be some compelling reason(s) why you shouldn't either.

Feedback Score
    There is, but there is also prepaid for those thinking att or Verizon postpaid is to expensive. So it's starting to sound like you agree. All 4 carriers are pretty much the same entities, that have the same goals, and use the same tatics to try to get the consumer to spend more money with them. Which is what I've said all along. I'm not singling out TMobile for only doing this. The problem is TMobile fans don't like to hear that TMobile is no different than Verizon or att so they try to argue against it. They all are the same beast. They all use underhanded tricks and gimmicks to get the consumer to trust them and pay them money.
    All carriers are the same. They all engage in similar tactics to reach the same goal- PROFITS. They are equal.

This isn't right either. It's 85 on Verizon without autopay for unlimited LTE. That's with hd video and 10gb of LTE hotspot. It's 75 on TMobile without autopay for unlimited data and 480p video and 2g hotspot. If you want to match Verizon's plan it's 80 on TMobile, or, $5 cheaper. Seems pretty close in pricing to me. Now let's say you are a low volume data user, you can get 2gb of data for 65 on TMobile, or, 5gb of data for 55 on Verizon. Verizon is cheaper and offers more in that regard. So as you can see, the pricing difference isn't all that much. Again as far as your multilinear promotions the other carriers run their promotions on handsets instead of service costs. So again, for a consumer, what difference does it make if they are saving the money on the service cost, or the handset cost?

I hope you aren't using your TMobile line as a home internet replacement.....legere threw a fit about that before and it violates their tos.....wow.....awful carrier like of them huh?
    But T-Mobile is a little less equal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fanboy of either of the Big 4, but there's one thing that's undeniable. T-Mobile's changed the industry and gave competition a jump start. Credit where credit's due, Sprint has hobbled together some unique offerings - none of which are/were sustained and industry changing across the board.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone remember when Son handpicked Claure to take the helm at Sprint? Recall the way he jumped in head first with so much vim and vigor? What happened to that enthusiasm? Also, the term "smoke and mirrors" has been tossed around a few times in this thread. As I see it, the master of smoke and mirrors is M. Son. Gotta give it to him though. The man came, saw, talked a good game and conquered. Tell'em what they wanna hear + a sprinkling of self-aggrandizement = a veritable two-fer (Sprint/Clearwire).

Feedback Score
    All carriers are the same. They all engage in similar tactics to reach the same goal- PROFITS. They are equal.

But T-Mobile is a little less equal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fanboy of either of the Big 4, but there's one thing that's undeniable. T-Mobile's changed the industry and gave competition a jump start. Credit where credit's due, Sprint has hobbled together some unique offerings - none of which are/were sustained and industry changing across the board.
    I've never argued against what they did in the past. There is no doubt they jump-started competition but once competition evened out they became just a regular carrier. They now have the same tatics, same hidden costs, same upgrade fees, as every other carrier. They once made fun of Verizon and att for charging activation fees, but they themselves charge a 25 dollar Sim fee. It's the same exact thing. Now some will say well they got the Sim fee waived, great, some also get the activation fee waived on other carriers. This notion that they are now different is an illusion. I'm not saying they're worse than everybody else, they're just no better. I'm not sure why people have a hard time with that.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone remember when Son handpicked Claure to take the helm at Sprint? Recall the way he jumped in head first with so much vim and vigor? What happened to that enthusiasm? Also, the term "smoke and mirrors" has been tossed around a few times in this thread. As I see it, the master of smoke and mirrors is M. Son. Gotta give it to him though. The man came, saw, talked a good game and conquered. Tell'em what they wanna hear + a sprinkling of self-aggrandizement = a veritable two-fer (Sprint/Clearwire).
    It depends on what his end goal was/is. Has he made Sprint more valuable since he took over? Sure. Their 2.5 spectrum is easily their most valuable asset and is highly coveted by the other carriers. Has he turned Sprint into a force in the American cellular industry? Not at all. So I guess it really depends on what his true motives were and are now. Last reports I've seen have said d.t. will acquire Sprint and are offering 10.84 a share. That's not an awful return on his investment.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...s-analyst-firm

Overall I'd say the Claure/Son lead Sprint was/is uneventful. I wouldn't say they are any worse than they were when they took over, I also wouldn't say they are any better. So I can understand why people would feel lied to and tricked by Son. If it ends with a Duetsche Telekom buyout of them it'll be interesting to see what eventually a combined Sprint and T-Mobile could do with all the spectrum they'd be sitting on.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast