Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81

Thread: Claure 3rd most hated CEO

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,912
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I def like the current sprint ceo better than the previous few.



    Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    660
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Not sure where the issue is. If the counter argument to why legere should be loved is that he saved people "billions" then shouldn't Marcelo also be loved for saving people money? Sprint does undercut the other 3 carriers drastically, they are doing it to gain market share and to compete, don't let them fool you, but that doesn't change the fact they are cheaper. So, if that's reason to love legere, why wouldn't it be reason to love Marcelo? Or, is it thats just all b.s. and people are just picking one side as good and everyone else as evil. I'd suspect it's option 2. When in fact, even hidden as a value, all the carriers have the same exact intentions, to get as much money from you as possible. Care to explain where exactly your disconnect is? Dish undercuts Comcast on TV service. So is Charlie consumer friendly while Comcast is money hungry?
    Ok, I have some free time to spare so I'll bite. You say,:

    "I'll never understand why people try to play the my carrier is better than yours I'll make up stuff about this and that carrier because mines the good guys and yours are the bad guys. Ill never get it." You also say, "all 4 are the same and all 4 have the same intentions, same goals, and use the same methods to get there. Package something as a value when in reality it's a way for them to get richer."

    Correct me if I am in error, but what I hear you saying is that there is no subjective validity in quantifying the goodness/badness of the big 4 because, in essence, they are equal on both counts (". . .same intentions. same goals, and use the same methods to get there. Package something as a value when in reality it's a way for them to get richer.) Nothing wrong with that stance.

    However, for myself and perhaps others, the disconnect begins when you then turn around and make the following statements:

    "What's funny is nobody is jumping in to defend Marcelo, and to be truthful, he's the CEO of the company that's actually saving people money. Sprints pricing is unbeatable. 5 for 90 can't be touched by any carrier, even with free lines. Maybe Marcelo is the guy you meant then by saving customers billions, because really, sprints the only carrier who drastically undercuts the competition.

    and

    ". . . again it in reality is his company that is drastically saving people money. Pricing on the other 3 carriers is very similar."



    These last two statements, by their very substance and nature, epitomize the posting behavior you deride in the first.

    Why are you carrying on about CEO love level comparisons and which CEO saved customers billions? You're trying to present a counter-argument to an argument no one in this thread initiated. No one ever said Legere saved people billions and no one ever said he should be loved because of it. Where are you getting this from?

    On another totally unrelated note, where are you getting this $60 2GB plan offering? Can you provide a link?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    660
    Feedback Score
    0
    What do you like about him?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Ok, I have some free time to spare so I'll bite. You say,:

    "I'll never understand why people try to play the my carrier is better than yours I'll make up stuff about this and that carrier because mines the good guys and yours are the bad guys. Ill never get it." You also say, "all 4 are the same and all 4 have the same intentions, same goals, and use the same methods to get there. Package something as a value when in reality it's a way for them to get richer."

    Correct me if I am in error, but what I hear you saying is that there is no subjective validity in quantifying the goodness/badness of the big 4 because, in essence, they are equal on both counts (". . .same intentions. same goals, and use the same methods to get there. Package something as a value when in reality it's a way for them to get richer.) Nothing wrong with that stance.

    However, for myself and perhaps others, the disconnect begins when you then turn around and make the following statements:

    "What's funny is nobody is jumping in to defend Marcelo, and to be truthful, he's the CEO of the company that's actually saving people money. Sprints pricing is unbeatable. 5 for 90 can't be touched by any carrier, even with free lines. Maybe Marcelo is the guy you meant then by saving customers billions, because really, sprints the only carrier who drastically undercuts the competition.

    and

    ". . . again it in reality is his company that is drastically saving people money. Pricing on the other 3 carriers is very similar."



    These last two statements, by their very substance and nature, epitomize the posting behavior you deride in the first.

    Why are you carrying on about CEO love level comparisons and which CEO saved customers billions? You're trying to present a counter-argument to an argument no one in this thread initiated. No one ever said Legere saved people billions and no one ever said he should be loved because of it. Where are you getting this from?

    On another totally unrelated note, where are you getting this $60 2GB plan offering? Can you provide a link?
    Well, reading must not be a strong suit you possess. Here. I'd answer the rest of your claims but this pretty much makes the rest of your argument invalid. If one is going to defend 1 CEO based on an argument of saving people billions, as stated below, if company A. is supposedly screwing people out of billions that would mean he is saving people billions, why isn't anyone defending the other CEO who in reality is the one drastically undercutting other carriers? I know you don't have a real answer and just want to argue how terrible claure is and fine, so be it, feel how you want, my goal isn't to defend claure or anyone, as I've stated I believe they are all cut from the same cloth and all are snake oil salesmen in one form or another, but, to try to argue against my point by claiming I made up the argument, you may want to rethink your tatics next time and actually take the time to read what is actually being said and responded to. It will only benefit you in the long run to do so. Think and read before you type. Sometimes even double check to make sure what you're about to say actually is true. Do that, and this mistake won't happen again
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Change cuts deep sometimes. The best challengers make their competitors squirm and cause their biggest apologists to defend the indefensible.

    Going against an industry so used to screwing customers out of billions of dollars in potential revenue does make you hated among industry pundits who wanted things to stay the way they were.

    Personification of hate can come across on all levels from the CEO's to the mall kiosk boys to HoFo commentators.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,081
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Just playing devil's advocate: When debating online it's best to avoid hurling personal attacks on someone's intelligence.

    Argue the facts not the others' ability to read, write or comprehend. It detracts from the argument and often further pettiness ensues. Writing in the 3rd person sometimes helps.

    Just a tip learned in High School debate class.

    Note in the quote above: There was no directing of any insults or arguments at anyone in particular. There was only a statement being made. There was no mention of any CEO, HoFo poster or specific organization by name; that interpretation is left up to the reader.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    660
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Well, reading must not be a strong suit you possess. Here. I'd answer the rest of your claims but this pretty much makes the rest of your argument invalid. If one is going to defend 1 CEO based on an argument of saving people billions, as stated below, if company A. is supposedly screwing people out of billions that would mean he is saving people billions, why isn't anyone defending the other CEO who in reality is the one drastically undercutting other carriers? I know you don't have a real answer and just want to argue how terrible claure is and fine, so be it, feel how you want, my goal isn't to defend claure or anyone, as I've stated I believe they are all cut from the same cloth and all are snake oil salesmen in one form or another, but, to try to argue against my point by claiming I made up the argument, you may want to rethink your tatics next time and actually take the time to read what is actually being said and responded to. It will only benefit you in the long run to do so. Think and read before you type. Sometimes even double check to make sure what you're about to say actually is true. Do that, and this mistake won't happen again
    Well, reading must not be a strong suit you possess. You may want to rethink your tactics next time and actually take the time to read what is actually being said. It will only benefit you in the long run to do so. Think and read before you type. Sometimes even double check to make sure what you're about to say actually is true. Do that, and this mistake won't happen again.

    Saying, "if company A. is supposedly screwing people out of billions that would mean he is saving people billions" by merely going against it/them, is logically fallacious.

    "Going against an industry so used to screwing customers out of billions of dollars in potential revenue. . . " does not mean the same as actually "saving people billions."

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    660
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate: When debating online it's best to avoid hurling personal attacks on someone's intelligence.

    Argue the facts not the others' ability to read, write or comprehend. It detracts from the argument and often further pettiness ensues. Writing in the 3rd person sometimes helps.

    Just a tip learned in High School debate class.

    Note in the quote above: There was no directing of any insults or arguments at anyone in particular. There was only a statement being made. There was no mention of any CEO, HoFo poster or specific organization by name; that interpretation is left up to the reader.
    Well said, TheRealDanny.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Well, reading must not be a strong suit you possess. You may want to rethink your tactics next time and actually take the time to read what is actually being said. It will only benefit you in the long run to do so. Think and read before you type. Sometimes even double check to make sure what you're about to say actually is true. Do that, and this mistake won't happen again.

    Saying, "if company A. is supposedly screwing people out of billions that would mean he is saving people billions" by merely going against it/them, is logically fallacious.

    "Going against an industry so used to screwing customers out of billions of dollars in potential revenue. . . " does not mean the same as actually "saving people billions."
    It's an implied statement. If company a is supposedly ripping people off of billions, and company b is not, what does that imply? This is simple. Just accept the mistake, learn the lesson, and move on.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate: When debating online it's best to avoid hurling personal attacks on someone's intelligence.

    Argue the facts not the others' ability to read, write or comprehend. It detracts from the argument and often further pettiness ensues. Writing in the 3rd person sometimes helps.

    Just a tip learned in High School debate class.

    Note in the quote above: There was no directing of any insults or arguments at anyone in particular. There was only a statement being made. There was no mention of any CEO, HoFo poster or specific organization by name; that interpretation is left up to the reader.
    Your comment was in direct response to another posters comment about John legere............do we really need to go back and read the conversation, you quoted someone else saying legere made most loved lists also and was voted the most powerful CEO in wireless, now you are claiming it wasn't about legere? Then why quote the post you did? Sorry, but your its open to interpretation line doesn't hold water, it's very clear what you were implying and who you were referring to, you erased all doubt of what the intended meaning of the statement was yourself. Also, if someone's comprehension abilities are called into question, maybe instead of that person feeling attacked they should instead try to figure out what they are doing wrong to give out that impression, and work on fixing themselves instead of blaming others for pointing it out. Just a thought. The main problem is people don't take the time to read things here as a conversation, which is the way most things are written here, instead they take an individual post and think OMG OMG OMG I GOTTA REPLY I GOTTA REPLY, without actually taking the time to look to see exactly what that post was replying to. If more people actually took the time to read the conversation and the context of what the post is replying to, there wouldn't be as many problems.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    660
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Note in the quote above: There was no directing of any insults or arguments at anyone in particular. There was only a statement being made. There was no mention of any CEO, HoFo poster or specific organization by name; that interpretation is left up to the reader.
    Duly noted. Would that more statements followed that format.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,912
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Ok, I have some free time to spare so I'll bite. You say,:

    "I'll never understand why people try to play the my carrier is better than yours I'll make up stuff about this and that carrier because mines the good guys and yours are the bad guys. Ill never get it." You also say, "all 4 are the same and all 4 have the same intentions, same goals, and use the same methods to get there. Package something as a value when in reality it's a way for them to get richer."

    Correct me if I am in error, but what I hear you saying is that there is no subjective validity in quantifying the goodness/badness of the big 4 because, in essence, they are equal on both counts (". . .same intentions. same goals, and use the same methods to get there. Package something as a value when in reality it's a way for them to get richer.) Nothing wrong with that stance.

    However, for myself and perhaps others, the disconnect begins when you then turn around and make the following statements:

    "What's funny is nobody is jumping in to defend Marcelo, and to be truthful, he's the CEO of the company that's actually saving people money. Sprints pricing is unbeatable. 5 for 90 can't be touched by any carrier, even with free lines. Maybe Marcelo is the guy you meant then by saving customers billions, because really, sprints the only carrier who drastically undercuts the competition.

    and

    ". . . again it in reality is his company that is drastically saving people money. Pricing on the other 3 carriers is very similar."



    These last two statements, by their very substance and nature, epitomize the posting behavior you deride in the first.

    Why are you carrying on about CEO love level comparisons and which CEO saved customers billions? You're trying to present a counter-argument to an argument no one in this thread initiated. No one ever said Legere saved people billions and no one ever said he should be loved because of it. Where are you getting this from?

    On another totally unrelated note, where are you getting this $60 2GB plan offering? Can you provide a link?
    With T-Mobile if you don't hit the 2gb amount they take off $10 so the $70 plan becomes $60 for 2gb basically which isn't the best deal for 2gb when compared to what's out there

    Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    With T-Mobile if you don't hit the 2gb amount they take off $10 so the $70 plan becomes $60 for 2gb basically which isn't the best deal for 2gb when compared to what's out there

    Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Correct, TMobile offers only one plan. $75 for unlimited. If you use less than 2gb they will give you a $10 bill credit. So it's actually $65 for 2gb of data. $60 with autopay. It's a complete ripoff.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,912
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yeah it's def overpriced. They should take off more like $20 to make it $50 at the most and that's still high compared to deals out there. The Verizon Walmart deal gives 7gb for $50. Even att postpaid can be had on the deal of 6gb for $60



    Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    660
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    With T-Mobile if you don't hit the 2gb amount they take off $10 so the $70 plan becomes $60 for 2gb basically which isn't the best deal for 2gb when compared to what's out there

    Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Ah, I see. So that's where the talk of a $60 2 GB plan came from. Here's the thing. That, is not a plan per se. The actual plan ("T-Mobile One") as advertised and sold, is Unlimited TT & D for $75. Autopay brings it to $70. "Kickback" brings it to $60, but none of those two things are required.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,912
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yeah for a heavy data user it's not bad. A low data user on one line could find cheaper deals. If someone wants tmobile then it's that or their prepaid so im sure it works for a lot of people

    Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 09:55 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 03:51 PM
  3. Cell phone most hated, needed invention
    By JohnnyCNote in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 08:14 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 01:03 AM
  5. Most Hated P800 Things?
    By BlackJ in forum UIQ
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 12:46 PM

Bookmarks