Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Claure 3rd most hated CEO

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I've been told I'd make a terrible surgeon because I always seem to hit a nerve.
    Not sure where you think you hit a nerve. Just stating facts. I'll take the non answer as meaning you really don't have an answer you'll just blindly defend like the guys your father and you are personally affected by this article. Maybe one day you'll actually realize, you are the person you constantly bash and try to claim others are, unless you actually have an answer, how exactly is charging 60 bucks for 2 gigs of data saving customers billions again? How exactly is charging extra fees for lte tethering saving anyone money? Problem is it's not, it's a lie, it's smoke and mirrors, and you bought in Hook line and sinker. There is no such thing as an "uncarrier", there is no such thing as a consumer friendly billion dollar corporation, there's just clever marketing and weak minded individuals who fall for old tricks.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Not sure where you think you hit a nerve. Just stating facts. I'll take the non answer as meaning you really don't have an answer you'll just blindly defend like the guys your father and you are personally affected by this article. Maybe one day you'll actually realize, you are the person you constantly bash and try to claim others are, unless you actually have an answer, how exactly is charging 60 bucks for 2 gigs of data saving customers billions again? How exactly is charging extra fees for lte tethering saving anyone money? Problem is it's not, it's a lie, it's smoke and mirrors, and you bought in Hook line and sinker.
    Yes that's great. I'm sure we agree on some things.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes that's great. I'm sure we agree on some things.
    I'm sure we do. What's funny is nobody is jumping in to defend Marcelo, and to be truthful, he's the CEO of the company that's actually saving people money. Sprints pricing is unbeatable. 5 for 90 can't be touched by any carrier, even with free lines. Maybe Marcelo is the guy you meant then by saving customers billions, because really, sprints the only carrier who drastically undercuts the competition.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Going against an industry so used to screwing customers out of billions of dollars in potential revenue does make you hated among industry pundits who wanted things to stay the way they were.
    Exactly, this is why I'm glad T-Mobile had the guts to change international roaming for the better, in the past AT&T got away with screwing over cross border travelers like me with their sky high rates. T-Mobile stepped in and changed all of that, now AT&T, Verizon Wireless and Sprint were forced rethink their business model and find answer to this gouging. If it weren't for T-Mobile and the guts to include talk, messaging, and data across the North American continent, everybody would be still ripping us off. I know AT&T was resistant to change their international roaming plans, and for the longest time tweaking their plans just a little bit..just enough to give us little.

Legere is no god, but he did address my biggest gripe with traveling outside the US.

Personification of hate can come across on all levels from the CEO's to the mall kiosk boys to HoFo commentators.
    But lets face it, Oscar Munoz messed up big time with his indifference to what happened to the guy who dragged off the place so yes, I can understand why he made the top spot, but Claure and Legere...this article doesn't really explain why or suggest reasons how these two people ended up near the most hated list.

Let the 2 minutes of Hate begin..
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 05-31-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    There is no such thing as an "uncarrier", there is no such thing as a consumer friendly billion dollar corporation, there's just clever marketing and weak minded individuals who fall for old tricks.
    That's what I thought when T-Mobile claimed I could use my line outside the USA without roaming charges for messaging and data, and .20/cents for calling. For the longest time, this would have been impossible. Once I returned and saw my bill....wow, for once I didn't jack up the price of my bill through the roof when I used it outside the country. It was clever marketing, but it was legit.

Now, if T-Mobile jacked up my rates afterwards like AT&T did, then yeah..that old trick would have worked on me.
    Yeah, T-Mobile Tuesdays...sure, stuff I don't need or use is a gimmick, but this?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    That's what I thought when T-Mobile claimed I could use my line outside the USA without roaming charges for messaging and data, and .20/cents for calling. For the longest time, this would have been impossible. Once I returned and saw my bill....wow, for once I didn't jack up the price of my bill through the roof when I used it outside the country. It was clever marketing, but it was legit.

Now, if T-Mobile jacked up my rates afterwards like AT&T did, then yeah..that old trick would have worked on me.
    Yeah, T-Mobile Tuesdays...sure, stuff I don't need or use is a gimmick, but this?
    My brother ported his AT&T line after seeing all those cool superbowl ads. He travels all over the world.

He spent 2 months in South Africa. Boy was he happy when he got his bill. T-Mobile really came through. Free SMS and data coupled with WiFi calling and he is now a T-Mobile advocate/lifer.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My brother ported his AT&T line after seeing all those cool superbowl ads. He travels all over the world.

He spent 2 months in South Africa. Boy was he happy when he got his bill. T-Mobile really came through. Free SMS and data coupled with WiFi calling and he is now a T-Mobile advocate/lifer.
    Everybody is a winner, when T-Mobile put an end to the gouging of international travelers.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm sure we do. What's funny is nobody is jumping in to defend Marcelo, and to be truthful, he's the CEO of the company that's actually saving people money. Sprints pricing is unbeatable. 5 for 90 can't be touched by any carrier, even with free lines. Maybe Marcelo is the guy you meant then by saving customers billions, because really, sprints the only carrier who drastically undercuts the competition.
    Does Claure really need to be defended? If so, defended from what?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post

Fair point, T-Mobiles international roaming is a plus. I'm not sure how much of their 33ish million or so postpaid users actually take advantage of it, but it is there. Most of your high volume international travelers are for business reasons and TMobile usually isn't the carrier of choice for businesses. But again fair point, their international roaming is a plus for them.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Does Claure really need to be defended? If so, defended from what?
    Well, no, Marcelo doesn't need to be defended, but neither does Legere yet people are. So I figured someone would jump in to defend Marcelo, as again it in reality is his company that is drastically saving people money. Pricing on the other 3 carriers is very similar.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well, no, Marcelo doesn't need to be defended, but neither does Legere yet people are. So I figured someone would jump in to defend Marcelo, as again it in reality is his company that is drastically saving people money. Pricing on the other 3 carriers is very similar.
    Was it you that said tmobiles stuff was smoke and mirrors?

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Was it you that said tmobiles stuff was smoke and mirrors?

Lol kind of made my point for me, was waiting for someone to bash Marcelo for using smoke and mirrors but praise Legere for the same tatics lol touche

Here's the thing, I'll never understand why people try to play the my carrier is better than yours I'll make up stuff about this and that carrier because mines the good guys and yours are the bad guys. Ill never get it. I understand that's how human psychology works, you have to have good and evil, but, wireless is a strictly heel business. Whenever your pockets aren't the main focus you lose. There is no good and bad it's strictly businesses with their pockets in mind. Even TMobile and Sprint, even when they do something that seems to benefit you, it's to put more money into their pockets. It's smoke and mirrors. Frankly I'm surprised all 4 carrier CEOs didn't make the list, all 4 are the same and all 4 have the same intentions, same goals, and use the same methods to get there. Package something as a value when in reality it's a way for them to get richer.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lol kind of made my point for me, was waiting for someone to bash Marcelo for using smoke and mirrors but praise Legere for the same tatics lol touche

Here's the thing, I'll never understand why people try to play the my carrier is better than yours I'll make up stuff about this and that carrier because mines the good guys and yours are the bad guys. Ill never get it. I understand that's how human psychology works, you have to have good and evil, but, wireless is a strictly heel business. Whenever your pockets aren't the main focus you lose. There is no good and bad it's strictly businesses with their pockets in mind. Even TMobile and Sprint, even when they do something that seems to benefit you, it's to put more money into their pockets. It's smoke and mirrors. Frankly I'm surprised all 4 carrier CEOs didn't make the list, all 4 are the same and all 4 have the same intentions, same goals, and use the same methods to get there. Package something as a value when in reality it's a way for them to get richer.
    Yeah I'm starting to agree with you, especially T-Mobile customer service. A friend signed up and they treated him pretty bad when he returned a phone. I was with him so I lost all respect for T-Mobile customer service after that

Ive learned quick that when tmobile may have a merger sale or deals like that the customer service goes out the window fast. They start doing cash grabs. After yesterday I won't defend them from a company perspective

I now rank T-Mobile customer service as the worst of the four.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Having difficulty reconciling these posts:

(bold added for emphasis)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Having difficulty reconciling these posts:

(bold added for emphasis)
    Not sure where the issue is. If the counter argument to why legere should be loved is that he saved people "billions" then shouldn't Marcelo also be loved for saving people money? Sprint does undercut the other 3 carriers drastically, they are doing it to gain market share and to compete, don't let them fool you, but that doesn't change the fact they are cheaper. So, if that's reason to love legere, why wouldn't it be reason to love Marcelo? Or, is it thats just all b.s. and people are just picking one side as good and everyone else as evil. I'd suspect it's option 2. When in fact, even hidden as a value, all the carriers have the same exact intentions, to get as much money from you as possible. Care to explain where exactly your disconnect is? Dish undercuts Comcast on TV service. So is Charlie consumer friendly while Comcast is money hungry?
    Last edited by zeus4509; 06-01-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast